Not Engaged Yet
Options

Anyone here?

2»

Re: Anyone here?

• Options
    Haha @lavenderfields13 yea it varies for everyone depending upon how your body heals but I'm just going to rely on what the doctor tells me and pay attention to how I feel. My boss' water broke while she was at work...talk about uncomfortable...and it's not like the fluid just stops lol. It's hard to prepare for something you don't know is coming like that.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - One of my close friends had her water break at work with her first child.  I actually got in the taxi with her and took her to the hospital...and paid the taxi driver a big ol' tip because of, ahem, additional leaking fluid.  ;)  
  • Options
    @minskat30 You're a great friend! I bet she was very grateful you were with her.
  • Options
    @minskat30 You're a great friend! I bet she was very grateful you were with her.
    No way I'd let her go alone...her husband was over an hour away!  I just hope my water doesn't break at work and while H is working in Chicago.  I work with all men for the most part and, while all of them are dads, it would still be awkward as hell to deal with bodily fluids around them and to rely on anyone else to get me to the hospital other than H.  I think as we get closer to my due date H is going to try to work remotely...if his work lets him of course.  Thank God for a hospital that is only 2.5 miles away from work (and equal distance from home, in the opposite direction) at least.  ;)  
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you who have a snow day today. I don't want to be at work. 

@beachyone15 gorgeous table! 

Just popping in quickly to say hi! Work has been a nightmare, to the point that I really didn't get a weekend, just breaks between working 8 hours Saturday and Sunday. That's why I haven't been around much, and I am just getting so burnt out with this job. 

Anyways, I got a call from the bridal shop last week that my dress came in, and I took a few hours off on Friday afternoon to go pick it up. They let me try it on too. I will post pics later. I am so happy with it, and it's even slightly too big on me, which proves my diet is working (I ordered it for my measurements in August). 

On Saturday we had friends over and stayed up way too late playing drinking games reminiscent of college. I needed that after working from 1-9 pm that day. 

On Sunday I hosted a Superbowl Party at a local brewery for that 20-something event planning board I am on, and that actually went really well. That was after working all morning and early afternoon though, and then I had to work again from 8 pm to 11 pm last night. 

Nothing really too exciting otherwise going on. My foot is healing quite well, and I barely have to use the cane anymore. I am going to try driving a little more this week I think. 

• Options
    @AuroraRose41 - Beautiful!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @AuroraRose41 1. you look freaking amazing! 2. I love your dress so much

So I made a dress appointment for this Friday for the wedding I'm in.  The bride has a ton of dresses she likes but she wants everyone to wear something they'll be comfortable in, so I made an appointment so I can find something out of her options.  Three dresses so far I really like. 
  • Options
    @AuroraRose41 - I've missed you! It sucks that you're always so busy. That kind of schedule/workload doesn't sound sustainable, so I hope the job hunt is going well. You look so freaking gorgeous in your dress! That side shot is incredible, and I think you should definitely get some pictures from a similar angle on the day of!

• Options
    @AuroraRose41 Gorgeous dress! You look great. I'm sorry that you are working so much...definitely take it easy!

Looks like the snow is accumulating as expected. I can definitely see 5 or 6 inches in my driveway. Hopefully my H will call soon to let me know when the plow will be coming. Tomorrow I am going to have to wake up super early to get to work...definitely going to be wearing my "wish I was at home" outfit since it may snow again.
  • Options
    @AuroraRose41 You're dress is gorgeous and you look great!! I'm sorry you've been working so much lately, you definitely need some downtime!

• Options
    @minskat30 That's good your hospital is close by. Mine was about a 15 minute drive from our house and about 20 minutes from my office so I figured wherever I was when I went into labor, the hospital will be close by. I hope your H is nearby when things start to happen. If he isn't and you need to get yourself to the hospital, I would try to have someone on call to help you that you can trust will be there.
  • Options
    @aurorarose41 - That workload does not sounds sustainable. BUT you look absolutely freaking gorgeous in your dress! I love it and the veil is incredible!!

@southernpeach89 - I never knew you have to wait longer to start trying again after a CS. After vaginal you typically have to wait 6 weeks for sex right? Is it the same for CS or no? I know it obviously varies from person to person and birth to birth, but just wondering what the norm is.

@500days - We have accumulation on the ground but not on the cars because it is too windy. I can't tell how much though.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! I have definitely been lurking every once in a while, but most of the time lately I just didn't have time to post. 

And it's definitely not sustainable, and what's worse is that the leadership right now is very poor. If we didn't have the wedding to save up for I would resign today. I'm actually debating doing so anyways. 

@AlPacina the job hunt is going pretty well. I am in a bit of limbo now, but in a good way, so fingers crossed. I will give more details when I am not on my work laptop. 

• Options
    @jenjen047 I read online that most doctors recommend waiting 12-18 months for C-section...mine said 12 months minimum and for vaginal I'm not all that sure about it. I guess it depends on the birth and how much healing you have. As for sex...I was told I needed to wait until my bleeding stopped. I don't remember how long that was....maybe a few weeks? Since I've never had a vaginal birth I don't know how long you're supposed to wait for sex. It probably will be determined depending upon how much you need to heal and everything.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 a year sounds like a good timeline anyway.  I couldn't imagine having kids closer in age.  My cousins are 10 months apart, and my aunt says it was pretty much like having twins, except one was starting to be on the move while the other just needed a lot of attention. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Yea...I think it's best for my health as much as my sanity to wait more than a year lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards