Chit Chat
Options

What are you streaming lately (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc)

We have Amazon Prime and Netflix and I'm looking for some new shows to watch (or old shows to rediscover). I can never find anything on Amazon that I want to watch that is including as free for Prime members. Have some better luck on Netflix though not great. What shows are you currently watching or have watched lately?

-Gilmore Girls - finished this a couple weeks ago (I'd watched it some when it was first on but not everything)

- Carrie Diaries - the precursor to Sex and the City (again, watched a few episodes when it was on tv but never watched it all)

- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - thought this was supposed to be great but I wasn't really a fan

Tried House of Cards last year and couldn't get into it despite everyone else I know loving it. Almost done with Boardwalk Empire (Netflix discs) and as always waiting for the next season of Orange is the New Black.

Re: What are you streaming lately (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc)

• Options
    Have you seen Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries?
  • Options
    If you like OitNB, you should check out Wentworth. It's apparently more realistic, I've been wanting to watch it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hellohkb said:
    If you like OitNB, you should check out Wentworth. It's apparently more realistic, I've been wanting to watch it. 
    This is exactly what I was going to recommend. It's so good, but pretty "Holy shit, they went there." The best way I can describe it is this:

• Options
    Lately I have streamed Sherlock, seasons 2-6 of The Office, and Making a Murderer on Netflix. I watch varying stuff on Hulu (I have the one with no commercials) but lately it's been Biggest Loser, both the current season and former.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I really enjoyed Transparent on Amazon Prime, and I binge watched Downton Abbey on AP as well...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are watching Grace and Frankie and just finished Parenthood.   We're in the middle of season 2 of OITNB. 
  • Options
    Not sure if you're into crime dramas/murder mysteries, but H and I just started watching Broadchurch - it's a British show about a murder in a small town. We're hooked! There's only 2 seasons though.
  • Options
    On Amazon - I was a big fan of both Mozart in the Jungle and Transparent (both series recently released their second seasons and both have received some critical and fan acclaim). 

If you have never seen United States of Tara I think it is streaming on Amazon with Prime as well. I feel like if you enjoy dark comedy (like OITNB) you may enjoy that. 
  • Options
    I'm watching all the old xfiles on netflixs before I start the new season. 9 seasons, will keep you busy for a little bit!
  • Options
    I'm watching all the old xfiles on netflixs before I start the new season. 9 seasons, will keep you busy for a little bit!
    We're doing this too! Only about halfway through season one...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016

right now, I have Once Upon A time going, JUST finished Gilmore Girls (I want to watch this again though....) and vampire Diaries.  Going to move onto The Originals next and then American Horror Story after that.  Once Upon a Time was great in S1 but I'm having problems/lack of interest in S2.

for light viewing, I have "Melissa and Joey" in rotation. lol

edit:  Clearly you can see my genre.  I've been told I have bad taste in TV shows and movies though, so .....

• Options
    Series 7 of the good wife. Seriously my fave.

If you guys liked making a murderer, we've just watched The Jinx on Netflix, was pretty good too. Guy is creepy!

• Options
    I had just finished Gilmore Girls on netflix and now am watching Charmed. Both are shows I'd seen some on TV when they originally were out but never watched from start to finish. (I think that's my favorite part of netflix is watching all of a show that I only saw a few episodes of back when it came out.)

DH and I are watching Everybody Loves Raymond episodes on netflix when we just have like a half hour to kill. 

We recently watch The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime and we both liked it. It's kind of strange but it was interesting. 

Also I'm a big hallmark channel fan so I'm pretty excited season 2 of When Calls the Heart just got added to netflix. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had just finished Gilmore Girls on netflix and now am watching Charmed. Both are shows I'd seen some on TV when they originally were out but never watched from start to finish. (I think that's my favorite part of netflix is watching all of a show that I only saw a few episodes of back when it came out.)

DH and I are watching Everybody Loves Raymond episodes on netflix when we just have like a half hour to kill. 

We recently watch The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime and we both liked it. It's kind of strange but it was interesting. 

Also I'm a big hallmark channel fan so I'm pretty excited season 2 of When Calls the Heart just got added to netflix. 
    You get me.  I re-watched Charmed last year (when I was thinking of a name for tk and came up with CharmedPam!) for the third time so far.  I LOVE that series no matter how lame it is.  I only watch season 1-3 though.  I gave season 4 a chance when it aired, but stopped since I could not stand the 'acting' of Rose McGowan.

• Options
    I second Grace & Frankie and United States of Tara!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    You all are making me want to re-watch Gilmore Girls...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

it is a commitment! I think it was 150 episodes or something at 44 min apiece yet at the same time you get hooked and just keep watching.
  • Options
    I just finished"Charmed" and almost done catching up on "New Girl." I love "The Vampire Diaries" and "Baby Daddy and Melissa and Joey" too.

• Options
    kvruns said:

it is a commitment! I think it was 150 episodes or something at 44 min apiece yet at the same time you get hooked and just keep watching.

The writing is just so great.  I watched it YEARS ago when it aired and didn't pick up on the humor then, I got it the 2nd time around.

• Options
    kvruns said:

The writing is just so great.  I watched it YEARS ago when it aired and didn't pick up on the humor then, I got it the 2nd time around.

no kidding, there are some awesome lines in there. H would complain when I had it on but yet he'd laugh along with it
  • Options
    We're doing this too! Only about halfway through season one...

So good! I just started S6 haha. Will probably be finished by the end of the month
  • Options

You get me.  I re-watched Charmed last year (when I was thinking of a name for tk and came up with CharmedPam!) for the third time so far.  I LOVE that series no matter how lame it is.  I only watch season 1-3 though.  I gave season 4 a chance when it aired, but stopped since I could not stand the 'acting' of Rose McGowan.
    Yea this is my first time past season 3 and I agree I really dislike Rose McGowan and her character but I'm still curious on what happens so I'm watching the rest. I think I'm on season 5 now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We just finished "Better Call Saul" (which I really liked) and are working our way through "Cheers". We're also big X-file and Twin Peaks people, so we watch those randomly also.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We just finished Man in the High Castle and Jessica Jones, both of which we loved.  Re-wathcing House of Cards before the new one comes out

• Options
    We have Amazon Prime, but it expires soon and I don't plan to renew it. Living in Alaska, I don't get any real benefits because they don't do free 2-day shipping to here anymore. It's free 5-7 day or something like that, which you already get on all Amazon stuff anyway without a membership as long as you spend $35 or more.

Their TV and movie selection is pretty bad. They don't have many shows that I'd like to watch such as The Office and Friends. They do have HIMYM, which was nice. They have America's Next Top Model, but only half the seasons. They have Survivor, but again, only half the seasons. 
  • Options

right now, I have Once Upon A time going, JUST finished Gilmore Girls (I want to watch this again though....) and vampire Diaries.  Going to move onto The Originals next and then American Horror Story after that.  Once Upon a Time was great in S1 but I'm having problems/lack of interest in S2.

for light viewing, I have "Melissa and Joey" in rotation. lol

edit:  Clearly you can see my genre.  I've been told I have bad taste in TV shows and movies though, so .....

I hate to tell you but Once Upon a Time has gotten progressively worse every season. I still watch for the characters and the acting but the writing and plotting is so so bad. 
  • Options
    I love Gilmore Girls and can re-watch it time and again and not get sick of it. 

But i just watched Jessica Jones on Netflix and am half way through Madame Secretary. I was skeptical at first but it's much better than I expected. 
  • Options
    We have Amazon Prime, but it expires soon and I don't plan to renew it. Living in Alaska, I don't get any real benefits because they don't do free 2-day shipping to here anymore. It's free 5-7 day or something like that, which you already get on all Amazon stuff anyway without a membership as long as you spend $35 or more.

Their TV and movie selection is pretty bad. They don't have many shows that I'd like to watch such as The Office and Friends. They do have HIMYM, which was nice. They have America's Next Top Model, but only half the seasons. They have Survivor, but again, only half the seasons
    that's my biggest complaint with Amazon Prime, it won't have all of the seasons available so it seems kind of pointless unless you have another way of watching the rest (and then if you have another way of watching the rest you might as well just use that other service for all of it)
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    Orphan Black. I think it's free on Amazon. The lead actress is so good. She plays each clone so well that you forget it's the same actress.
  • Options
    Also, is anyone else excited for "Fuller House" to come to Netflix, because I can't wait. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards