Wedding Woes

Tuesday

I slammed my foot into the recliner while working out yesterday (which I was trying to avoid).  It's bruised and it hurts to walk...I don't think it's worse than bruising.  Womp, womp.  :(

DefConn's starting to put together that I didn't actually birth the kiddo.  Watching his little mind click along is fascinating. 

Come on day off...I'm ready for ya. 

Re: Tuesday

• I hope your foot feels better soon.  Awww @ DefConn.  :)

Today feels like so much nothing.  Work, Costco, dinner, homework, baths, bed.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  i2i on "come on, day off."

• DefConn's starting to put together that I didn't actually birth the kiddo.  Watching his little mind click along is fascinating. 

My mom told me about when I realized that my mom wasn't my sibling's mom. It took me forever to figure out why they called her by her first name and I called her mom. She said it was amazing to watch everything start to click into place.

I helped FI get the hot rods running last night. I got to play musical cars and had 3 hot rods lined up on the street trying to figure out what we were doing haha... but we got the oil changed in the 40 Coupe and the 39 Tudor. When we got finished with that (at about 7:45) we ate and went to bed. So exciting.

Tonight is my nail appt, cleaning out and doing  laundry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh, sorry about the foot.

I'm just drained and it's Tuesday. Work always seems like it's getting better and then bam- it's crazy again.

DH is working my last nerve because he just refuses to take care of himself. He's had issues with heartburn but he won't cut back on coffee, eats meals that exacerbate it, and then does stuff like drink apple cider vinegar because according to him taking Tums and Nexium all the time can't be good. How about you make some lifestyle changes dummy?
  • 6let is starting to ask why DH has a mom/dad/stepmom/stepdad.

@Pmeg819 there was just a report about diet changes being much better for you than prolonged Nexium use.  This doesn't really help though because I forget where I saw it.

Nothing much today.  MIL and sFIL are coming Friday.  I know it's petty, but I don't want them to be the first ones to use the new bathroom so I need to get it cleaned so I can start using it. 
  • Yesterday DH and I both had dr appointments.  I have to take meds for high bp and we had a vasectomy consult.  It's not scheduled yet; I have to call insurance and DH has to check his work schedule to figure out which Saturday he can take off.

I made an appointment with a possible new client yesterday.

I need to finish some work and then start working on our taxes.  I know it won't take that long but I just hate doing them.
  • We saw that report last night on the Nightly News (which we watch almost every night because we're old people) @6fsn.  It's causing kidney issues among other things. 

• I don't disagree that taking Nexium constantly is bad- but he wouldn't need it if he actually stopped doing things like eating BBQ for dinner, drinking 4 cups of coffee a day, and having chips and salsa for lunch (which he did yesterday). Plus, I've told him he needs to go see the doctor but he just puts it off. Then bitches about his heartburn.

• DefConn's starting to put together that I didn't actually birth the kiddo.  Watching his little mind click along is fascinating. 

My mom told me about when I realized that my mom wasn't my sibling's mom. It took me forever to figure out why they called her by her first name and I called her mom. She said it was amazing to watch everything start to click into place.

I blew Wooz's mind when I told her Grandma and Grandpa used to be married.  "To each other?!?!" 
  • That's exactly what the report was saying.  Change your diet and get off the meds.
  • @ShesSoCold my godson had the same question/revelation. His parents divorced when he was like 6 months old so he never remembered them living together. He was floored when his mom said yes she had been married at one point, to his Dad. His response "no way!!"  Hilarious for me. 

I went back back to my knee surgeon today (6 weeks post op) and I'm just not progressing the way I/they hoped. So that means more physical therapy, a steroid injection to get the inflammation under control, and still not being able to work out. I'm frustrated. I know in the long run its better to take the recovery slow, but everyone expected me to be further along now. 

Good news is I had a great meeting with a new research collaborator yesterday so I have a new project to focus on. 
  • PMeg819 said:
    I don't disagree that taking Nexium constantly is bad- but he wouldn't need it if he actually stopped doing things like eating BBQ for dinner, drinking 4 cups of coffee a day, and having chips and salsa for lunch (which he did yesterday). Plus, I've told him he needs to go see the doctor but he just puts it off. Then bitches about his heartburn.
    My H is the same way.  He takes Tums every night at bedtime and has for several years.  But, he eats 1/2 lb. of bacon each morning and his dinner is usually steak, burgers, or BBQ. He doesn't/won't eat vegetables at all. Oh, and he drinks min. of 4-6 cans of coke a day.  The other day at dinner I yelled at him because he drank 3 cans during one meal.  I've been trying to convert him to more chicken dinners, but he still wants to fry it most of the time or covers the chicken in cream cheese and bacon. And he refuses to go to doctor because "he's healthy", feels fine and isn't gaining any weight.  Um, if you were really healthy, you wouldn't take tums on a daily basis.

• PMeg819 said:
    I don't disagree that taking Nexium constantly is bad- but he wouldn't need it if he actually stopped doing things like eating BBQ for dinner, drinking 4 cups of coffee a day, and having chips and salsa for lunch (which he did yesterday). Plus, I've told him he needs to go see the doctor but he just puts it off. Then bitches about his heartburn.
    My H is the same way.  He takes Tums every night at bedtime and has for several years.  But, he eats 1/2 lb. of bacon each morning and his dinner is usually steak, burgers, or BBQ. He doesn't/won't eat vegetables at all. Oh, and he drinks min. of 4-6 cans of coke a day.  The other day at dinner I yelled at him because he drank 3 cans during one meal.  I've been trying to convert him to more chicken dinners, but he still wants to fry it most of the time or covers the chicken in cream cheese and bacon. And he refuses to go to doctor because "he's healthy", feels fine and isn't gaining any weight.  Um, if you were really healthy, you wouldn't take tums on a daily basis.

FI used to eat Papaya pills like they were candy and I always had to carry some in my purse. To my knowledge he hasn't taken any since his hospital stay.

(Papaya pills are an alternative to Tums and Rolaids, in case you were wondering)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry about the foot, @mrs.conn23 

I am trying a new crock pot recipe, and I came home to a delicious-smelling house. It's 4:30, and I want to eat already like a senior citizen.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Sorry about the foot, @mrs.conn23 

I am trying a new crock pot recipe, and I came home to a delicious-smelling house. It's 4:30, and I want to eat already like a senior citizen.
    Share the recipe, I'm always looking for good crock pot dinners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards