Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

David's Bridal Alterations

Hi All,

I tried to post this on the NEPA local board but this board seems to get more traffic--I'm in Allentown so not too far outside of the Philadelphia area so hopefully I can still get some relevant answers:

Looking for anyone that has had wedding gown alterations at the David's Bridal Whitehall location. My dress is going to require A LOT of hemming and it has five different layers that will need to be taken up. I'm not so much concerned about price. I'm already prepared for it to be expensive. I'm more worried about quality. I'd hate to spend what I did on the dress and then the alterations only to not have it turn out well. Has anyone had their alterations done here recently? How did they turn out? Do you have any other local suggestions that I could try? Since this is now on the Philadelphia board, I will travel for a solid recommendation.Thanks so much!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: David's Bridal Alterations

• I would highly recommend NOT using DB's for your alteration needs. I wouldn't even recommend purchasing ANYTHING from them.  Their customer service is crap.. to say the least. Their dresses are over priced (as well as alterations) and the quality of their dresses are subpar.
    I ended up purchasing a bridesmaid dress (not by choice) for my sister's wedding in Mexico for April this year... to say the least, working with David's Bridal has been a nightmare. The customer service is crap and the quality of dresses are unacceptable.
    I didn't get my dress altered here as.... alterations should be INCLUDED with your purchase, and were WAY over priced.  I live in an Italian community so ended up finding another evening gown boutique to complete my alterations. It ended up costing me $35 to have my dress hemmed shorter. And this was a significant alteration. 
    All in all - DO NOT USE DB'S for alterations, purchasing, etc.

All the best!!!! xoxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards