Options

Why are you crying?

13»

Re: Why are you crying?

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    I have a Facebook friend that shares posts about dogs needing to be adopted. She shared a post yesterday about a dog in NY that is in a kill shelter and it scheduled to be killed if no one adopts him. They dressed the dog up in Valentines day gear and took pictures, in hopes that someone would save the dog. I was bawling on the train reading about this dog that people are trying to save (I am tearing up now). The funny thing is, I am not a dog person. I have always been more of a cat person, but this dog, Mackie, really got to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @ShesSoCold I'm sorry for your loss. My paternal grandparents were precious to me. My heart broke when my grandfather died. I was a teenager and my grandmother and I became best friends and partners in crime. She was so much more fun than my mom. When she passed away after a long illness, it was devastating for me. I'm tearing up over my grandmother and yours. In time, I hope your memories are a source of comfort, like mine are. 

I'm not really a crier, but there are a few things that get to me. Stories about children who are terminally ill and sad stories about dogs and other animals really get to me. Christmas carols make me cry. Like Heffalump, if I'm really pissed, I'll give a tongue lashing and follow with out of control crying. Fortunately, it takes a lot to make me that mad.

• Options
    I don't alot but I did last night. One of my chickens is sick and I've got her quarantined in the basement bathroom to try and save her. FI asked what the vet costs would be to try and save her but with few exotic vets in the area the prices are enormous.  I checked it and it would be over $1000 to fix her. I know that even if I took her and they tried to correct the problem that it may not work. I will most likely have to put her down which I do not want to do but it may come to that.

SITB

I had to put my favorite goat down last Tuesday. I cried. It was hard. Then i had my first set of twins (goats) born on Friday and it is making it a lot better. 

If anyone needs a good cry, and is sensitive to military and dogs, watch the movie "Max". My daughter wanted it, but we rented it instead. And after I blubbered through the whole thing, she said she never wanted to bring it in the house again. I am a Vet and I have lost a few friends to the war. 
  • Options
    Oh goodness. Internet hugs to everyone, seriously. 

Anything to do with babies and pets makes me tear up. Last week I mentioned quitting FB for Lent and it was partially due to too many people sharing pictures of abused animals. I can't. 

This is a FWP for sure but I cried this week on vacation. I was so excited to try skiing on a proper mountain (as opposed to a gentle Midwestern big hill). I hate heights but figured I'd overcome that fear. I didn't. I got myself to the practice area at Vail (which is about 2000 vertical feet above the village) and was fine. I was enjoying the practice area. But I took the first proper green practice run to the next lift and freaked the fuck out. There was one steep drop to get to the next level and if I didn't turn in time I'd be off a cliff. So I stood there in the middle of the run crying. Finally snowplowed my way over to the next lift. They suggested I take that lift to another easy (hah!) run to get to a gondola to get off the mountain. Well, I couldn't even get to the easy run. I was up at about 12,000 feet just crying while everyone else was taking pictures or whatever before gracefully descending into the abyss. Luckily Ski Patrol are very kind and they took me by snowmobile back to the practice area, where I stayed a few more hours before taking that gondola back down. 
    NEVER AGAIN. Fear of heights is a serious matter. 

uh oh your FWP is so me. I've only skied on baby hills in IN and WI and H kept talking about going to CO because he loves skiing there. I don't like heights either and heck even the lifts scare me so your story makes me not want to go ever.  I snowplow most of the way !
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016

I wasn't a crier, until I met DH.  Now, it's a lot of family stuff - people getting engaged, kids coming home/the thought of losing them.  Probably cos I have nieces and nephews now. 

Tonight I'm crying for a better reason.  I got punched not once but twice tonight at practice, enough to make me bleed, which is surprisingly hard to do. My lip is big enough to rival Angelina Jolie, but only on 1 side.  And I hate being on this team and really wish I had switched gyms.  So I cried all the way home in the car.  Good thing DH is awesome
    Oh my god! That's awful. Is this like kickboxing, or MMA, or what sport where you are getting punched? I would cry too. I hope you have had some nice indulgent self-care tonight!
    Cheerleading, actually.  And they're easy stunts that my 12 and 13 year old kids I coach are doing too.  Without punching their bases.  The lip isn't really swollen anymore, and it's healing up pretty good, but I'm starting to get a nice bruise that's visible.  

Ironically, I've been more injured and have more bruises from cheer than I even did playing roller derby  And everyone always assumed it was from derby.  

ETA - Oh, and this stupid snowman commercial that they play at the movies now (advertising for the movies).  Just cos he gets so sad and then happy again.  Every damn time.  I blame DH for turning me into a crier.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qehqv13PJwI

• Options
    @WinstonsGirl, I was actually going to ask if it was roller derby, ha! So sorry that happened. Hoping you are feeling better now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My poor FH has been up twice since I wrote the previous post, getting sick. I don't think it's because of eating too much. We ate the same things (I tried a couple pieces of his prime rib) except sweet potato and asparagus. Plus usually food poisoning takes awhile, right? I don't know why he's so sick, but poor baby.  :(
    Food poisoning usually shows up within a couple of hours of eating the tainted food. If you ate his food too and aren't sick, it probably isn't food poisoning. He might just have a stomach bug and eating that much food results in that much vomiting. Hope he feels better soon!
    I think you were right, because he got sick all night, about every 45-90 minutes, until 7am. It was awful. lol. Definitely a bonding experience for us ;) 
  • Options
    I got verklempt working on our playlist and our list of readings yesterday. 

I'm an easy crier and have even cried because other people around me are crying and I'm sad for their pain.

One of my grandmothers has Alzheimer's and may not be at our wedding. She's been in a memory care facility for the past two months and has tried to leave quite a few times. I don't want my mom to have to worry about her mother taking off and wandering in a strange area (We live an hour away from most of my family), but my Oma helped raise my brother and me, so I really want her there. I've thought about FaceTime or hiring a carer for the day.

We recently adopted a dog who is not getting along with our three cats. The dog is excited to have more critters to play with, but the cats are having none of it.

Needless to say, I've been crying a lot lately.
  • Options
    @WinstonsGirl, I was actually going to ask if it was roller derby, ha! So sorry that happened. Hoping you are feeling better now!
    No worries.  It's part of the sport.  I just happen to hate the team I'm on this year so it makes it worse.  I've got a nice bruise forming, but the cut is almost healed.  Thanks

• Options
    I'm making a playlist and the song "That's how strong my love is" by Otis Redding, really got me crying. 
  • Options
    I'm more of a verklempt person than a crier in general, unless it's about pets or family. I am a blubbering mess when I get upset or worried over a pet or a family member. 

I slipped backwards and hit my head on the corner of our bookshelf the other day hard enough that I actually found myself crying because it hurt so bad/ startled me. Haven't had anything like that happen since I was little! 

Compared to FI tho, I am definitely the crier in our house, though. He distinctly remembers crying once when he was 8 and being told by his mom to stop because he was too old to cry anymore, so he stopped. He said he really internalized her scolding for some reason and it became a thing of holding everything in after that; he admits that now as an adult he really wants to cry sometimes, but it just doesn't happen out of habit. Last year he wept for the first time in 20 years, though, when our dog was hit by a car and died. That dog meant so much to us both -- she came into our lives at a time when our relationship was kind of rocky, and really changed us by giving us a little life to care for together, and who loved us both back so much. At the time I hadn't thought I could be any sadder losing her, but when I saw tears coming down his face and heard the sob in his voice it broke my heart even more. 

• Options

I've become more of a crier as I have gotten older.  And not even so much a crier, as just getting tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat for things not even related to me.  A sad or moving tv show/article.

I mean, I seriously I just had a little lump in my throat moment from reading @tigerlily6's post above mine.  I'm so sorry about your dog.

Like a lot of you, I am the most moved by stories of animals...especially cats and dogs.  Just thinking about something bad happening to my one of my pets, or the fact that I will most likely outlive them both, and immediately the tears start building up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed, @short+sassy, that was such a touching, sad story! I'm so sorry about your dog, @tigerlily6, but thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    I've cried on and off all day.  My sister, BIL and 8 month old niece stayed with us for the weekend and went home this morning.  I haven't seen niece since she was 3 weeks old.  My sis and I always cry like babies when one of us leaves (she moved to Florida 10 years ago), but it was always contained and only at the airport.  Now that there's a baby involved, it's like a week long event.  We joke that the TSA probably has photos of us weeping in dark sunglasses and a note that we're okay.  

It just sucks to watch her grow up on Facetime.  
  • Options
    @spockforprez you and FI are making it rain!

@kimmiinthemitten I know exactly how you feel. My brother has a little boy (18mo), and I basically see him grow up on whatsapp. Everytime I manage to visit home  (maybe every 3months or so) he is so much more grown, and doesn't know me at all. Hopefully when he is a bit older he'll respond to my bribery with presents and not cry at the stranger in his livingroom  :(

• Options
    I've cried on and off all day.  My sister, BIL and 8 month old niece stayed with us for the weekend and went home this morning.  I haven't seen niece since she was 3 weeks old.  My sis and I always cry like babies when one of us leaves (she moved to Florida 10 years ago), but it was always contained and only at the airport.  Now that there's a baby involved, it's like a week long event.  We joke that the TSA probably has photos of us weeping in dark sunglasses and a note that we're okay.  

It just sucks to watch her grow up on Facetime.  
    I understand completely. My niece and nephew lived with my parents for awhile and when they moved back with their mom it was so incredibly difficult. Now when they visit it's like they're back full-time again which makes it so much harder to say goodbye. And in a few years they will be in that annoying "I'm too cool for you" phase and I hate to think about that! I want them to be babies forever.  <3
  • Options
    I've literally been crying on and off the past few days. Mostly about nothing in particular.

• Options
    @kvruns
    A good compromise for you two would be for him to ski and for you to take advantage of other area highlights. Spas, shopping/galleries, overall relaxation. There are other winter activities that might be less scary, like snowmobiling or maybe tubing, or cross country skiing.  I went by myself but met and chatted with random people in bars, even day-drinking, which was fun.

To the main topic of crying, I'm getting seriously stressed over selling/buying homes and without booze I'm going to be crying. (More FWPs.)

• Options
    An immediate family member was diagnosed with terminal cancer over the holidays. In the weeks following the diagnosis I cried in a variety of not-so-private places: at work while on the phone with my boss, in the elevator at work, while walking to get a sandwich, at a cancer fundraiser - basically I'm tear factory.

I hate crying in front of people :/
  • Options
    @kvruns
    A good compromise for you two would be for him to ski and for you to take advantage of other area highlights. Spas, shopping/galleries, overall relaxation. There are other winter activities that might be less scary, like snowmobiling or maybe tubing, or cross country skiing.  I went by myself but met and chatted with random people in bars, even day-drinking, which was fun.

To the main topic of crying, I'm getting seriously stressed over selling/buying homes and without booze I'm going to be crying. (More FWPs.)

That was my thought too but then he also doesn't want to ski alone. He's previously gone with a friend and they like to go on the big hills and stuff and be more aggressive skiing than he would do alone. So instead he just chose not to get to go at all.  Whatever his loss!
  • Options
    Ok. I just cried at work. No one saw as I'm in my little office like usual. 
    I just had my last official group meeting including my absolute all-time favorite coworker. He resigned last week and last day is next week. We don't work at the same campus (different campus of a university system) so I'm not going to be seeing him as a friend outside of work, but we chat daily and have been meeting weekly or biweekly for 5.5 years. He is the best person I've ever worked with. We have the same sense of humor, can vent about the same things, and be real with each other. A [gay] work husband in every sense. (I only point out he's gay so no one suspects something untoward has been going on.) I'm sitting here thinking about what a hole his absence will make in my workday. One of the reasons I love working where I do is because I work with a lot of really wonderful people... but he's the best. I'm actually more upset than I thought I'd be when this day eventually came, as I figured it would as he's too talented not to move on. Ugh. 

• Options
    An immediate family member was diagnosed with terminal cancer over the holidays. In the weeks following the diagnosis I cried in a variety of not-so-private places: at work while on the phone with my boss, in the elevator at work, while walking to get a sandwich, at a cancer fundraiser - basically I'm tear factory.

Ugh I hear ya. When my mom was diagnosed, I would just cry periodically for no reason. Several times a day.

A few years ago, my 7 year old cousin was murdered. She was involved in dance and the song "Dancing with the Angels" was on loop on the slideshow at her funeral. A few weeks later, I was waiting in line at a Dunkin Donuts and that song came on. I LOST IT and just left. I kinda laugh thinking about what the other people in line were thinking.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards