Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

infinity dress and adhesive bra!!!

We're getting married in Vegas sept 26, and plan to lose weight before so I decided to go with a infinity dress(henkaa) so I don’t have to worry about sizing! I want to wear it over one shoulder. I am larger in the chest. Just wondering if anyone has pictures of them or their bridesmaids with the dress like this, and how the back looked? Also wondering about bras. has anyone ever used one of adhesive bras without the side, just the one that sticks to the boob?

Re: infinity dress and adhesive bra!!!

• Options
    those dresses dont look good on anyone except if you are going to the beach they show every lump and bump and are not flattering. i would find a dress in your size that way it can be altered to fit you and look amazing 
  • Options

I don't want to rain on the parade or anything, but I have heard nothing but horror stories about those dresses.  Aside from a complete lack of shape, they tend to look cheap, and show off everything you (general you) don't want to see.  They offer no support for the girls either, so depending on your size I doubt a little sticky bra and a non-supportive dress will look good.  Besides do you want to spend your wedding worrying if your dress will keep your lady parts covered??

I think you should look into getting a nice dress for your wedding.  You don't have to buy a bridal gown, (although you can get them fairly quick at consignment shops, from other brides or off the rack) you can look into Bridesmaid Dresses in White, or just go to the local chain retails and get something that you like off the rack! 

As far as the sizing goes, get something that fits you as close to the wedding as possible while still leaving time for alterations (David's offers a quick turnaround on ordering BM dresses).  Finding a local seamstress is best for the alterations, they usually have a quick turnaround (2-3 weeks around here) and they have reasonable rates.  Taking a dress in a size or two isn't too difficult.

Finally good luck, and if you really want to go the route of an infinity dress, I HIGHLY recommend you buy it now so you can play with it and still have time to change your mind if you don't like it afterall.

• Options
    I was so obsessed with the idea of this dress, so I ordered a short one to wear to a wedding, I didn't mind the material, it fit me nicely, however there is no support for the girls AND they make them look extra huge in a non-flattering way lol.  So for someone that already has a larger chest, it made them extra large.  I ended up never wearing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards