Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged!

My FW and I have been together since May 2014 and had been talking about marriage for some time. We were planning on a Christmas engagement and ordered our rings from Etsy shortly after Thanksgiving with that in mind. Alas, there were some issues with the seller, and the first ring didn't show up till the last week of January; my fiancee's still hasn't arrived, and it's identical down to the size.

We were going to wait till we got to dinner, but instead she met me at work and slipped the ring on my finger while we were on the bus. We called our parents and my brother and told them before we made the announcement on Facebook.

We're planning a Labor Day Weekend wedding and are excited and a touch overwhelmed.

Re: Just engaged!

• Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congrats and happy planning!
    This site definitely helps with the feeling of being overwhelmed. I always recommend the Knot's own checklist. It's incredibly detailed so you will not forget a thing, but it's easy to just delete all the stuff that won't apply to you. It's divided into chunks, so it was nice to say, "Oh, we've done everything up to the 6 month mark even though we're 9 months out so we can just chill for awhile." (Sounds like you have to move a bit faster than I did, but still, the timeline is nice.) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards