Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @swazzle - No, I've never seen it.  H has been singing that song for years though.  I had no idea it was used in a show lately...I just thought it was an old song he liked.  He's been singing it for two days now and I'm almost at the "ENOUGH LITTLE BOXES!!!!" point...lol
  • Options
    @swazzle - I put "married" - I thought I had to??? And we have to file jointly so I can get my student loan interest credit.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @Swazzle I was thinking we were going to have to withhold an additional amount this year from our paychecks but I just ran all the numbers and since we increased our 401k deductions so much this year compared to last year we should see a refund for 2016 taxes too! Thank goodness!

• Options
    @beachyone15 - On your W4 it doesn't matter if you put single or married. That just affects what rate they use to calculate your withholdings. It's when you're actually filing that you want to do married, filing jointly. 

• Options
    @beachyone15 I would do some research before changing your filing status on your W-4. Married filing as separate takes the MOST out of your paychecks compared to any other status. You'd be better off completing your W-4 as single, or keeping it married and joint and then withhold an additional amount per paycheck.

This link is seriously the best thing ever. You'll need your most current paycheck stub and also one from your H in order to complete it and a general knowledge of if you expect any bonuses this year, how much you plan to have withheld in full for your 401ks, etc. It will tell you what if you owe, or if you'll get a refund, and how much, and it will give you strategies on how to alleviate that.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/IRS-Withholding-Calculator

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @minskat30 - Absolutely! I've already decided this is the look I'll be going for with my wedding re-do:

I'M IN!!  I have the perfect matching hair bow from the 80s for that outfit.
  • Options
    @labro - Thank you! I will check that out for sure.

• Options
    @cu97tiger - Hello beautiful!!!  I'm so glad you guys had a good trip!  Your post made me all warm and fuzzy inside with you and your H being so happy.  :)  Also, I have everything crossed for you that Monday goes well.  
  • Options
    @cu97tiger EEK! Good luck on Monday with the consult!!

• Options
    @cu97tiger Good luck with your appointment!!!
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - Love everything about your whole post! 

@wink0erin - That's so funny you got each other the same thing! Great minds and all that :smile: 

• Options
    @eilis1228 & @beachyone15 & @audrewuh-- June 1 through June 8; if you're around we should meet up 
  • Options
    @eilis1228 & @beachyone15 & @audrewuh-- June 1 through June 8; if you're around we should meet up 
    This is really unacceptable. I can't believe you aren't coming to Georgia too. I mean really!!!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - That would be awesome! Although I'd have to tell H I was meeting "internet strangers" and he'd probably freak out. How do you guys have that discussion with your SOs? I don't even know where to begin, lol.

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - That would be awesome! Although I'd have to tell H I was meeting "internet strangers" and he'd probably freak out. How do you guys have that discussion with your SOs? I don't even know where to begin, lol.
    Haha! DH knew I was on TK chatting with ladies since we have been married and once I had been on here for a while he didn't think it was strange. He was with me the first two times when I met some IRL in 2014 and last year. After that he felt more comfortable with me hanging out with these ladies.
  • Options
    Re: Meeting People IRL

Telling all of my friends and family how @audrewuh and I met was interesting. I was honest and told them I met her on a wedding planning forum, and we got some strange looks. Since she and I are so close, H isn't worried about me hanging out with internet friends IRL.

Also, @speakeasy14 those dates should work for me. H and I can probably drive down the 3-5, and he can hang out with my cousin while we meet up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards