Not Engaged Yet

Thursday

Re: Thursday

• @helloliv - That's awesome about your condo and I really hope the doctors' appointments went well! That's a pretty ring you're wearing! 

• @swazzle - Thanks! I'll find out doctors stuff hopefully early next week. It's been such a shit show. And thank you! My parents bought it for me for my 30th birthday, with the idea that on other milestone birthdays or events, they'd get me a new one for my stack. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • @helloliv - That's so sweet! I love getting new jewels! 

• @helloliv - I hope the appts this morning help you get some clarity! We have an appraiser coming tomorrow as we are getting a HELOC. It will take another two weeks to be finalized, but then GOODBYE CREDIT CARD DEBT!!

@speakeasy14 - If I could go back, I'd let my BMs pick their own dresses. I have no idea why I didn't in the first place. They all looked fine, but they would have been more comfortable if they had picked out something themselves.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @MissKittyDanger & @helloliv pretty much my entire wardrobe is either Ann Taylor or BR, but I shop at the outlets.  They always have huge sales.  Like 60% off the whole store plus an additional 40% of clearance. Also, if you buy one of their shopping bags you get 10% your total every time you bring in into any of their stores (and can also use the bag at the Gap, not sure if also allowed at Old Navy).  
  • @speakeasy14 Honestly, all of those dresses look fantastic on you, even the one you don't like. My personal favorite was number 3, but number 1 was a very close second. 
    @Swazzle That is so cool that you know someone on TV!
    @CocoBellaF Ugh, I feel you on the crazy work schedule. For some reason I've been swamped for the past two weeks, and I don't like it one bit!
    @minskat30 You are amazing <3
    @southernpeach89 Ugh, that's so frustrating about the stain. Also, crossing my fingers that you guys don't owe on your taxes and end up getting a really nice return! :)
    @cu97tiger OMG poor Fritz! I hope everything goes well at the vet!
    @beachyone15 Have fun at Bunco! I used to play every now and then with my mom and her friends, and it was always a surprisingly fun night.
    @caseface5 YAY to both the weight loss and the Disney trip! So exciting! You should PM me with details. H and I are already talking about going back for an anniversary in a couple of years. 
    @jenjen047 I'm glad therapy is going well for you two! 
    @helloliv Awwww what a sweet gift! Glad you had a great trip! You look VERY happy! <3
    @futuremrshistorian Good luck with all the prep for Dubai!
    -------------
    The theme of my morning is meetings. I had one at 9am (and I was 5 minutes late, whoops), and I have a couple more before noon today. Joy. I'm eating breakfast and drinking my morning tea now and wanted to pop on here and say hi to everyone.

The unseasonably warm winter we're having here plus all the dust from moving are killing my sinuses. I was up until 1am with the sinus headache from hell. No me gusta.

Zoey is at doggie day camp today, which means I'm able to work late. Hopefully that won't be necessary, but it's really nice to have the option after such a crazy few weeks at work. 

Is it 5pm tomorrow yet?

• @misskittydanger – AW your nails! When do you leave on your HM?

@futuremrshistorian – I have clip in extensions, which I love! What kind are you getting?

@labro – Hope you aren’t getting sick!

@cu97tiger – Yeah I think H could benefit from some 1:1 therapy too (who am I kidding….we could all probably benefit from some therapy). He was VERY resistant to couples therapy for a lot of the same reasons as your H but now he is a total convert. I was saying we could keep going on an as needed basis depending on how things go over the next couple weeks and he actually suggested we keep going once a month for the next few months even if things continue as well as they are just because he thinks it’s really helpful for him/us. I was so happy to hear that!

@helloliv – Your weekend looked awesome on FB! Glad you made the best of the frigid weather. The chicken is adorable too!! Keep us posted on the gender of your friend’s baby and good luck with the appraisal! I also agree about therapists as a touch point. In the course of my life I have been in therapy at least 4 separate times I can think of.

@speakeasy14 -

• @eilis1228 - It's funny you say that bc my Bunco group is the same - it's my mom and her friends. So I'm the youngest one there, but let's just say we have the same interests. They all REALLY enjoy their wine! Lol.

• @beachyone15 LOL! My mom's group was the same way. Lots of wine and good food, and all of the women were hilarious. I still talk to a few of them on Facebook every now and then, which is funny because a large portion of that group was my friends' moms and/or teachers I had in school. I would definitely still participate if I lived closer. I live in the same metroplex as my mom, but it's an hour without traffic and two hours with traffic, so Bunco on a weeknight isn't feasible. That's awesome that you're able to play with your mom-- I hope tonight is fun! 

• @eilis1228 - It's funny you say that bc my Bunco Drunko group is the same - it's my mom and her friends. So I'm the youngest one there, but let's just say we have the same interests. They all REALLY enjoy their wine! Lol.
    FTFY. My mom played for many years with a group of ladies in the neighborhood and that's what we always called it lol!

• @jenjen047 - I'm getting keratin-fusion permanent ones.  I trust my hairstylist completely, so I'm sure they will be awesome, it's just going to be a totally new look for me.  My hair is already the longest it's ever been, so this is just icing on the proverbial cake.  And now I want real cake.  Yum.  Cake.

@speakeasy14 - OMG, the BR Outlet is my downfall.  All their "entire store 50% off" holiday weekend sales always get me.
  • @jenjen047  We leave Saturday evening :) I'll AW them for tomorrow because my phone won't let me sign in :(
  • @AlPacina He didn't have a lot of hope for us. :) Our taxes are pretty straight forward...we just make too much money and the "marriage penalty" really bit us in the ass this year. I guess I'm getting divorced and having a joint re do wedding with @Swazzle whenever H and I win the lottery and don't have to worry about taxes anymore.

• @alpacina - My reaction to your bug story
    Also those BA sandwiches sound

@futuremrshistorian - Please AW pics! How long will they last? How long will they take to get applied?

@misskittydanger - Have a blast!!
  • @AlPacina - I forget if I mentioned this already but H and I started watching Better Call Saul this week too! I think we got through episode 4 or 5 of the 1st season. I really like it! 

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @speakeasy14 - I vote for #1 or #3...you also look beautiful.  ;)

@cu97tiger - Poor Fritz!!!  Thankfully Raj's dew claw is firmly attatched otherwise I thought about getting it surgically removed when he was a puppy...they do tend to tear with active dogs.  :(  Let us know how it goes tonight if you take him in.  

@eilis1228 -  That was my theme of the morning too...I hate meeting mornings.  The whole day gets shot that way.  

@helloliv - Phil is the cutest thing ever!!!  

@labro - I'm sorry you are feeling blah today, I don't blame you with the taxes.  :(  When you divorce and then remarry when you win the lottery I want to be one of your bridesmaids too ok?  Pretty please?  I'll wear whatever you choose...unless you get married at a nudest resort, in which case I might have to draw the line.  
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @AlPacina I would absolutely love the top of the second dress paired with the skirt of the first or third.  Do you have an awesome elephant bag too!? WTF where's my grilled cheese!!?  

@labro & @swazzle can I be the one to marry you guys? You have to be ok with having your marriage certificate state you were married by a Princess. 
  • @alpacina -

Me when I scrolled down to that bug picture ---

• @labro - "Drunko" indeed...

• @Swazzle - Saul and Mike are freaking hilarious together! There are some spin off shows that I don't really feel are worth it because someone is just so great as a side character, but I think Saul has enough charisma and heart that you can't help but love him. I keep wanting to reach into the TV and hug him.

I wonder what Bob Odenkirk is like in real life, haha.

• @AlPacina I would absolutely love the top of the second dress paired with the skirt of the first or third.  Do you have an awesome elephant bag too!? WTF where's my grilled cheese!!?  

@speakeasy14 - I had better be the cocaine, because if you're saying I'm waffles then you don't know me at all!......... Seriously though. Make that sandwich for yourself. You will not regret it.

@beachyone15 - My typically strategy was stay calm, stay calm, get the bug, stay calm, then as I'm heading for the door find myself moving faster and faster until I FLING it out the door and get the grossed-out shivers all over my body. They were seriously 5" or so long. They didn't move much. That helped.

• @labro I mean sure if you wanna be a bridezilla

True story - I actually am ordained and my title is Princess.  I really really want to marry someone just so their marriage certificate says Princess Speakeasy.  My mom almost had me marry her and my step-dad but decided to appease my grandmother. 
  • @labro - Oooooh, like Belle from Beauty and the Beast kind of dress?!?  Maybe you should make us all dress up as Disney princesses?  Just an idea...obviously, your day, your call.  ;)
  • minskat30 said:
    @labro - Oooooh, like Belle from Beauty and the Beast kind of dress?!?  Maybe you should make us all dress up as Disney princesses?  Just an idea...obviously, your day, your call.  ;)

This was EXACTLY the wedding I had in mind when I posted my idea.  ;)
  • minskat30 said:
    minskat30 said:
    @labro - Oooooh, like Belle from Beauty and the Beast kind of dress?!?  Maybe you should make us all dress up as Disney princesses?  Just an idea...obviously, your day, your call.  ;)

This was EXACTLY the wedding I had in mind when I posted my idea.  ;)
    NO. I get to be the Princess. And @speakeasy14 since I'm depending on her to marry me...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards