DIY Wedding Forum

DIY Ticket Invites

whoabetherswhoabethers member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited February 2016 in DIY Wedding Forum
Hello fellow DIY-ers! I just figured I'd share my invite design that I'm working on. I stuck with traditional wording because that was mom's request, and we're going with a movie ticket design to fit the venue. Please, please let me know if you see any glaring errors! The tickets will be printed on 8.5 x 2.75in paper with a perforated stub for the RSVP that ends up being 3x2.75.

Let me know your thoughts!

Re: DIY Ticket Invites

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    You should not use "request the honor of your presence" unless this is a church ceremony.  It should read "request the pleasure of your company."  This is an important correction.
    It is hard to tell, but is the  font of your names different between middle and first name?  Your names should be all in the same font.
    I think the wording of the time is confusing.  I would just put 5:30 in the afternoon.
    Very cute.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I really like them, though I'm not one to know the correct wording. I will say on the top it looks like there is a double space between 'presence' and 'at' and its driving me nuts.

And I don't kow what the FIRST LAST NAME part is...Unless thats where the guest puts thier name for the RSVP ? But then there isn't much room for them to write their name. IDK.

Apart from that, I love it! I really wanted to do concert tickets for our wedding, but got sold on a Harry Potter design instead.

• @CMGragain That is good to know!! I had no idea there was a distinction between church vs non-church ceremony. I'll change that to match. First and middle name is same font but bold/not bold.

@RomanceManaged I think that was an export issue with PDF - the original file has a regular space. It's annoying now that I've noticed it, LOL. The FIRST LAST NAME part is going to be a mail merge, so it will have the person's name there. I LOVE that you did a HP design!!! My FI hates Harry Potter, and I still struggle with this. :-P
  • Ahhh, makes sense then! I would suggest doing a dry run before you print them if you can, just to make sure everything prints correctly, and to your liking. I had a photoshop image that I had to edit, and once the file was switched to JPEG, it messed some things up and caused a reprint. If everything turns out well then you still have one you can use as a keepsake.

I got lucky and am marrying someone as nerdy as I am. He let me run with HP as far as my itty bitty heart wanted. Our invitations are mocks of the Marauders Map. I really wanted to post a picture, but there would be SO much that had to be blacked out, as every fold opens up to a story of us with too much personal info for an online forum.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    Please put the entire names in bold type.  It looks weird if part of your name is in bold, and part of it is not.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I would stick to the font you used for the "Admit One" for most if not all of the ticket for the simple fact that it's a lot easier on the eyes to read/follow.  Also, shrink down some of the fonts - it's difficult/confusing to read from a functional standpoint.
  • MesmrEwe said:
    I would stick to the font you used for the "Admit One" for most if not all of the ticket for the simple fact that it's a lot easier on the eyes to read/follow.  Also, shrink down some of the fonts - it's difficult/confusing to read from a functional standpoint.
    I also agree that there are too many various fonts on there. I see at least 3 different fonts, not counting changes between bold or not bold.  It's usually best to stick with one font.  It looks cleaner and it's easier to read.  Like, MesmrEwe said, I'd probably go with the "Admit One" font, as it's easier to read and it's closest to giving it an official movie ticket feel.

• I could take away the script font and focus on the other 2, but I don't think one font would work in this kind of invite. Since it's not just a straight up-and-down traditional invite, I think one font makes it too hard for the eye to travel in the intended direction, and the ADMIT ONE font is too bold to use throughout.

• UO here, but I like the different font types.

• I could take away the script font and focus on the other 2, but I don't think one font would work in this kind of invite. Since it's not just a straight up-and-down traditional invite, I think one font makes it too hard for the eye to travel in the intended direction, and the ADMIT ONE font is too bold to use throughout.

Yeah, I like the 2 fonts better.

I like the top one. Definitely.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I like the top one - with the bold and regular version of the sans serif font (great font by the way! I love the ampersand!), better than the bottom version - all bold is too visually distracting - and better than the one that had the script font (which is nice, but just didn't seem to fit with the non-italic font).

This is a really great design and idea!
  • I like the 2 fonts. Very cute!!!!
  • So cute! Love the look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards