North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Budget beach (hopefully) idea

My fiance and I will be meeting about 20-30 friends and family members in the Outer Banks for a wedding/vacation. We are on a pretty tight budget, but we also don't need a lot. Just looking for some strategies. 

Q1: We would like to have our ceremony on the beach without paying for it. I know we will have to go North of Nag'
s head. No problem. We are staying in Carolla. We have a few grandparents who are mobile, but we don't want them to have to walk out super far to the ceremony. We also would like somewhere that won't be very crowded and that will be beautiful. Our date is Monday, August 29th. We are open to whatever time. We are willing to go out and look around the first day, but does anybody have recommendations? 

Q2: We would like to hold our reception at a re
staurant. Our party is probably small enough to fit into a rented room somewhere? The restaurant doesn't have to be fancy. We love BBQ and can get a little loud when we're celebrating. Time is flexible.

Q3: We also have a 14 person house rented with lots of outdoor space where we could have a reception catered. I like this idea too. It would be cheaper. I know there are extra fees for 'events' but given that we won't likely have more than 10 people over how many beds there are, I think it will be fine. Am I wrong? 

Any other advice i
s greatly appreciated! Thank!

Re: Budget beach (hopefully) idea

• Options
    Hello and welcome. If you haven't already, check out the Outer Banks Wedding Association website. You can find from there various restaurants that have private rooms available for rent. http://www.obxwa.com/

As the beach is public, there will be people around, especially those wanting to watch your ceremony. Is the house you are renting ocean-front? Most tend to have their weddings in front of their house. Check the tides during the time you will be there, and the time you want to have your ceremony to know how much space you will have.

If you have your reception at the house and are planning to rent tables, chairs, etc. that would be a dead giveaway that you are having an event and run the risk of being kicked out of your rental. I would spend the entire evening being concerned that this would happen, but that's just me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards