Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday again

Re: Monday again

• Options
    @jenjen047 - I had a pretty good day on Friday, Saturday was kind of meh, and Sunday was a very barfy day.  
  • Options
    @jenjen047 Not getting sleep has almost turned into some what of a normal routine lol. Even though it doesn't happen every day, we just have adjusted to it in case it happens. It still sucks though and I chug A LOT of coffee throughout the day.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - I sent STD postcards which would not have been returned to me for bad addresses. If your mom and sister got them, maybe have your sister ask your cousin? Then it's not a 'hey, why didn't I get one' but your sister could mention you didn't get one and that you moved in November. As the bride, I'd want to know updated addresses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @jenjen047 - I'm not even going back to that place to have them fix it...in part because I'm cranky with them and in part because it's on the totally opposite side of the city from where I am all day today.  I'll just go to my regular place and suck up the fact that I wasted money at the other one.

The extensions are attached to my regular hair with a bonding agent made of keratin.  There's a little "bead" where it got put in, but after about the first day I stopped noticing those.  I can wash/style normally, although I'm conscious about being a little more gentle with my hair than usual, and I have a special hairbrush that's designed for wigs/hair extensions (it was about $5 at Sally's).  Cost-wise...I guess it depends on how you define "expensive."  You have to order the hair itself, and then you have to pay the stylist to put them in.  I paid $70 for 200 strands of hair (a "strand" is basically the equivalent of a thin lock of hair) on Amazon, but there are websites that are a lot more pricey than that.  We used a little more than half of the supply. My stylist charges a flat $100/hour fee to put them in.  We did my entire head in 2 hours.  I'm used to spending $100+ on my hair, because it's something that really makes me feel good and confident, and I was expecting the cost, so it wasn't that bad.  On the other hand, my sister cuts her own hair and thinks spending more than $2 for a bottle of shampoo is obscene, so I haven't told her how much I paid to have them done because I don't want her to give birth too far before her due date!
  • Options

@jenjen047 Yea I'd have your mom casually ask like "Oh is Jen getting her own, or was she meant to be included on ours? Because I don't think one made it to her.."  Love that you sit on the couch all day Saturday, that was my Sunday. It's called Shades of Blue on Thursday nights like 9 or 10 pm on NBC I believe. It's basically the plot of the movie Departed- where there's a crocked cop, and an FBI informant and they are trying to smoke each other out. Very dramatic.

@cu97tiger Ah I would not survive on a paleo diet at all. Good luck!!

@labro Sounds like an awesome time with Callie! How long is your friend in town staying with you?

• Options
    @jenjen047 did you do a permanent mail forwarding or temporary?  If you did permanent, mail will be forwarded for 6 months.  I still have found the occasional piece of mail that I didn't change the address come through and I moved in August. So it may just be a little longer until you get something.  If it goes to the old address, it may get returned to her, or not if the current owners do not say to return to sender.  I wouldn't mention not getting anything to your cousin. I like the idea of having your mom or sister mention something.  Also, no word yet.  He thinks the spark plugs may have been installed too tightly and have a hairline crack, so he was going to replace them and see if that works.  Also checking for any other damage since I've been driving the car the way it is since June. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    @speakeasy14 Ugh I wish your car would just fix itself! These issues suck!!!

@jenna8984 He's staying with us til Friday. I love that he's here because he and his wife moved to Florida over a year ago and we miss them! I just like being lazy. ;)

• Options
    @minskat30 Basically your BIL sucks. I'm sorry this has really been biting in to you getting this project done! I think your H needs to have a heart to heart with him....

I wish my H and I lived closer. You know we'd totally be there helping you out! <3 PS You should check out my Instagram. Callie giggles will give you ALL THE FEELS!

• Options
    @beanbot2002 I wonder if that could be it....the last time she went through a growth spurt was right after she turned 3 months. She will be 5 months this upcoming weekend. I also thought it might be her gums bothering her since she has been teething.
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 Poor Noah! Isn't steam supposed to help croup a bit? Does your doctor have you doing anything at all to help give him some relief? Also...it kind of frightens me that Bean is going to be in U-15....aren't these kids supposed to just stay kids forever? What's all this middle-aged teenager stuff anyway???

• Options
    @minskat30 - The nursery stuff looks great! I'd be annoyed with your BIL (and sister), too.

@beanbot2002 - How the hell is Noah 2 already?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @southernpeach89 Oh man! Teething is the worst! Have you tried an amber necklace? It did WONDERS for Noah. I swear his drooling and pain was super minimal, but if we took his necklace off one day, he would feel awful. Some people think it's hokey, but it really worked for him and several friends. 

@labro the current U15 players on our club are HUGE. They have full beards and are all probably 6 + feet tall and close to 180lbs. I can't see Bean having to play kids that size next year. I'm kind of terrified. lol The doc recommended a cool mist humidifier for Noah, but we can't do it because Bean has to have as close to 0% humidity as possible, or he gets super sick and ends up in the hospital. We had to pay thousands of dollars to have a whole house Dehumidifier installed a few years ago. So, we're basically just treating the fever and hoping the virus just runs its course quickly. We've taken him outside, because the cold air is supposed to help, but it's actually been pretty warm here lately, so that didn't help much. :( It's like a catch 22 in our house right now. 

@cu97tiger I seriously have no clue! Where did all this time go??? 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @minskat30 The nursery stuff is SO CUTE! I would be so annoyed with BIL, if it were me. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that frustration. Yay for H helping take the load off of you!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @beanbot2002 Beards??? This is NOT ok! Also, poor poor Noah! You really just can't win at all can you?

@minskat30 I already told you this but I <3 your nursery stuff so so much!!! Also, I don't know why I read your BIL as being your H's brother. Sibling drama really sucks.... :(

• Options
    @beanbot2002 I've heard of those! We looked for those dissolving tablets but couldn't find them in the stores. Do you need to get the necklaces sized?
  • Options
    @labro and not like sparse beards either. I'm talking full grown men/lumberjack beards. :neutral: And they are so stinky! Bean has extra training the same night as their indoor practice, and by the end of the hour the whole place stinks to high hell. I've dry heaved a few times, it's so bad.

• Options
    @southernpeach89 no, they typically have a few sizes like 12", 15" etc. You don't want it to be too long so that she can choke herself on it, but not too tight either. You can also do an amber bracelet/anklet or just wrap the necklace around her ankle and put her sock over it. You get the same effect. 

• Options
    @beanbot2002 Yeaaaaaah it's pretty raunchy, even for a teenager. Some of the sex scenes in the beginning are really graphic. I can't imagine seeing that movie with my parents, even as an adult... I would die. LOL I remember seeing Titanic with my dad when I was 9 and being so incredibly uncomfortable. Has he read the Deadpool comics? 

• Options

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @beanbot2002 ugh I was going to suggest taking him outside.  Hope he starts feeling better soon. 

@labro ugh me too.  We stopped by Saturday night and the mechanic was shocked that other mechanics have told me to drive it.  He also is very chatty and we were there for a good half hour.  In that time he mentioned/bragged that he just bought a 2008 Mazda CX7 with 80k miles for $3000.  He's fixing up the enginge and timing chain and then going to sell it.  We're thinking about asking him how much he'd take my car for and paying the difference to get the Mazda.  Biggest downside is that it isn't AWD and the CX7's were known for engine issues.  But it's a lot newer than my car and waaaay less miles so I may just go for it. 

* @minskat30 omg everything you bought is adorable! And I'm sorry your BIL is a crappy flake and making you stress out.  
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 Thank you! I'll have to look into these.
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Ha! @labro - My H's brother would be even further away than YOU....he is in India.  ;)  At least there isn't any family drama on that end...or, if there is, I'm too damn far away to hear about it.   I could seriously bore you to no end with stories of our family drama.  One day I'm going to rant on here about the biggest piece of family drama I can think of (and then DD it because I'm a big old coward).  

@cu97tiger - Yeah, I love my family (I really do) but we have an odd dynamic....basically I've been the "good" one for so long everyone just sort of expects me to go along with everything 99% of the time.  It is hard on H to deal with because I love them (and I AM trying to establish boundaries).  H just wants to yell at them sometimes when they act flaky/temperamental/dramatic on me.  

@beanbot2002 - Honestly if BIL doesn't come next weekend we are going to hire the rest of the tiling out.  How is Noah 2 already?!?  I'm sorry he isn't feeling well, it sucks that the doctors haven't been very helpful.  I'd take him back to the doctor.  One week with coup is long enough to drive both him and you guys insane.  

@eilis1228 - AW the patio please?
  • Options
    I love it ALL @minskat30!!!!!!!!!!  Elephants!!!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 You know I love my Mazdas. ;) But admittedly I don't know a ton about the CX-7. Mazda is phasing it out I think too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards