Connecticut

Hair/ Make Up Trial

I had my hair/ MU trial this weekend and for the most part I was really happy.  I love my hair.  It's exactly what I wanted and the feather clip will be my 'something borrowed' from a friend.  I think it gives it a cool vintage feel.  

Before I left the salon I was also really happy with my make up.  She used a lot of neutral tones and didn't do anything dramatic or too bold.  I love the way she highlighted my eyes and the lip color she used is so pretty but very natural looking.  Unfortunately, my eyes got smudgy not long after I left the salon.  The make up needs to last me all day and most of the night for the wedding so this was a real concern.  I should have spoken up when I realized she wasn't going to be using airbrush (I had originally requested that back in the fall) but I was so happy with the results that I didn't think it would be a problem.  I emailed my person at the salon to talk to her about the issue and I'm looking forward to her response.  Although, I may have to go back for another trial.  

Either way, it was a fun day and the weather was so great on Saturday I was thinking that this is what it might feel like in May.  Its starting to get so real!  

What do you think?  Anyone have any thoughts on my make up issue?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair/ Make Up Trial

• No suggestions, just want to say you look beautiful. Love the loose updo and natural looking makeup. 

• No suggestions, just want to say you look beautiful. Love the loose updo and natural looking makeup. 
    Thank you @MairePoppy

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look so pretty!! I love the hair & makeup - it all looks relaxed-formal and comfortable.

I would see what the salon says - if they have the option for airbrush, I would do another trial. Did she use any primer or setting spray? That might help too. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks so much!  I heard back from the salon and they told me that the MUA did not use waterproof eyeliner for the trial because she didn't have it in the right color.  She will use waterproof for the wedding which will prevent the smudging.  She did use primer and setting spray. 

The MUA does do airbrush so I can trial that if I want to (for another $75 I'm sure) but I was so happy with what she did originally I don't know that I want to change it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards