Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

will my make up last? (kinda a XP)

Full disclosure I posted something similar to this on the CT board but thought I would get some expert opinions here.

I had my MU trial on Saturday and although back in the fall I requested airbrush that's not what the girl used.  I should have spoken up but I'm very passive and didn't.  I was really happy with the result.  She gave me a natural look but highlighted my eyes beautifully.  I was appropriately made up for a wedding and photographs without looking too dramatic.  Exactly what I wanted.  Then, an hour or so after leaving the salon I noticed that my under eyes were getting smudgy and trying to fix it made it worse.  She did use primer and setting spray. 

I am having my make up done the morning of my wedding and my ceremony isn't until 5 so I definitely need it to last a long day. 

I have emailed the wedding consultant at the salon with my concern and reminded her that I originally requested airbrush.  

Is airbrush a better choice for lasting power?  Any advice to what a should request to make sure my wedding day make up lasts longer?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: will my make up last? (kinda a XP)

• I mean it's going to depend on what makeup the artist uses and your skin type as to whether it will last or not. Sadly if it didn't last on your trial it probably won't last on your wedding day either. I would just let her know it didn't last and that you weren't happy. She might have other ideas of things to try or if she's not willing then you should find another makeup artist.  It sucks to spend the time and money but this is what trials are for. 

My makeup artist did not use airbrush, she used all MAC products. I got it done at 9am and besides lipgloss which I had to touch up before the ceremony and after dinner it stayed in place perfectly through the end of the reception at 10pm. I actually slept in my eye makeup and wore it on the plane to our honeymoon the next day and I don't think you could tell it was done the morning before. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards