Wedding Invitations & Paper

MIL passed away recently. How do I address invite to FIL

Unfortunately my MIL passed away between the time we sent our Save the Dates and now.  I am thinking I should address the wedding invite to Mr.    
But the emotional part of me wants to maintain her memory. 
I will ask my invite person but I am working on this now and she is not available. LOL! 
Thank you for your help Ladies!! 

Re: MIL passed away recently. How do I address invite to FIL

• I would send the invitation to her husband.  But if he and your FI want to do some sort of memorial for her at the wedding, depending on what is suggested, you can.
  • I would address it to Mr. only.  It may be sad for FFIL to receive the invitation and see his wife's name on there to only realize she won't be attending due to her passing.  

I would be inclined to just write his name on it and hand deliver it to him.  It might be nice for FFIL to have some company when the invitation arrives. Obviously this can only happen if you live close by.
  • Mr. John Doe.  It would be creepy to invite your late MIL, and someone's title does not change in the USA if they are widowed.  Only ladies of the British aristocracy change their titles, adding "dowager"to their title.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • <<<<   But if he and your FI want to do some sort of memorial for her at the wedding, depending on what is suggested, you can.  >>>> 

That is exactly what we are doing!  We are planning a short but meaningful tribute to her. At the reception my BIL is going to speak and then we are going to have a dance with a fun party song she would have enjoyed. 
    Before she passed she told us that she didn't want a funeral, she wanted a party. Since our wedding was so close to her passing we decided to make it her party too!  She and I were very close, so it's very appropriate.

• Thank you all for confirming my logical side!  <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards