Wedding Woes

Monday

What up?  How was the weekend?

Saturday DH took 6let to his first hockey game.  They had a BALL.  I took the other two to a playground and out for milkshakes.

Sunday was GORGEOUS.  We did church, made 6let volunteer, then baseball tryouts.  DH smoked some food, we went on bike rides, played ball, ran around, ENJOYED.  Now I need to get on the ball and get someone to fix our yard.  It wasn't the best to begin with, but it's AWFUL now. 

I'm getting sick of people selling MLM crap though.

Re: Monday

• What a weekend.  

Friday, DH and I got off work and took DefConn to the doc because his ear had been leaking shit for over a week.  Turns out his tubes have fallen out and he had an ear infection.  Also, his leakage started smelling like garbage...so we got him an Rx and he's good to go.  (He's been fine...no symptoms beyond the leaky ear and he was going to school and whatnot).  The kiddo went a friend's for the weekend. 

Saturday, DH worked in the morning.  I cleaned house.  DH and I went to pick up my nephews to take them and DefConn to my parent's.  My baby nephew had a double EI and pink eye.  His eyes were so bad that he looked like a pirate since his left eye was so swollen and almost shut.  He still was smiley as can be.  DH and I went shopping and out to dinner.  We were going to stop at home to drop stuff off and then go to a bar to listen to music, but we got home and wanted to stay.  So we watched Hannibal Burress and went to bed early. 

Sunday, I worked for a bit.  DH got the kiddo.  They get home and turns out that the kiddo is also dying (sick).  So DH takes him to medcheck while I got to my parent's to get DefConn and have dinner.  Turns out the kiddo has a double EI (and honestly, a touch of the man-flu/should have come home vs. staying at friend's house).  It's an Rx party up in here.  

I stayed up too late watching the Oscars.  So I'm trying to figure out how to mainline coffee so I can be productive. 

• I got sick over the weekend and took today off. I feel like crud but I don't want to sleep all day because I'm afraid I won't sleep tonight, and I really need to be at work tomorrow. 

Glad DefConn is all fixed up!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016
    @mrs.conn23, sorry to hear about all the germs in your family this weekend.  Hope everyone is feeling better soon and you get the coffee you so richly deserve.

I went through both kids' closets this weekend in preparation for spring.  Good lord, Wooz has outgrown a ton of stuff.  No wonder the poor kid had growing pains. 

The weather was gorgeous here, too.  It was so nice having the windows open yesterday.  We took the kids to the park Saturday--we were planning to do some "hiking" (they have trails, but they're pretty low key), and instead we spent 95% of our time by the water and 5% on the playground.  Wooz was busy finding shells from freshwater clams and mussels, DS was throwing anything he could find (twigs, pine cones, rocks) into the lake.  Spent a lot of time outside yesterday.

Wooz started a new swim session.  We give it 50/50 that she graduates after this session, and DS will be old enough to start the next session.  Wooz went from being on the fence with all of her activities except riding, to wanting to do "Riding, swim, soccer, gymnastics, cheerleading, and art."  Hopefully summer camp can scratch a few of those itches.  (And OMG, camp registration is starting already!)

My poor mom had to cancel on us, she has a persistent UTI and her doctor said if this latest abx doesn't do the trick, he's going to refer her to a urologist. 

Oh, and Wooz lost another tooth.  And then she lost-lost it, it disappeared from the kitchen island.  (I'm guessing her kitten found it and batted it under something.)  We wrote the tooth fairy a note explaining the situation, and she was very understanding.  ;)
  • This is making me laugh.  I asked a local fb page for landscaper recs- grading, concrete patio, etc.  I get this response "My father in laws girlfriend does this stuff for a living and she's great!" "I don't do concrete, but I can give you a million reasons why pavers are better" and a teacher that doest this as a side job. 
  • Relatively uneventful compared to last weekend where I was basically on-call for the physician that I work under and took several intense phone calls for a patient who ended up needing emergency surgery.

Saturday, I took Soren for the research study at Vanderbilt and he had an amazing time playing with the toys they offered during the study and wandering around eating snacks while the research assistants watched him through a one-way mirror. Yesterday, I mostly took a long nap and then went to choir practice.

The most important thing that happened yesterday, however, was that John Oliver did a segment on Donald Trump and I fuckin' diedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

• 6fsn said:
    What up?  How was the weekend?

Saturday DH took 6let to his first hockey game.  They had a BALL.  I took the other two to a playground and out for milkshakes.

Sunday was GORGEOUS.  We did church, made 6let volunteer, then baseball tryouts.  DH smoked some food, we went on bike rides, played ball, ran around, ENJOYED.  Now I need to get on the ball and get someone to fix our yard.  It wasn't the best to begin with, but it's AWFUL now. 

So much this. My Facebook feed currently has 5 beachbody coaches and 2 weird wrap sellers that post every damn day. Like, I'm glad you have lost weight/started working out/feel healthier, but stop trying to get me to buy workouts I can find for free online. 
  • @mrs.conn23 hope everyone feels better soon!
  • 3/5 of us are sick.  I have a nasty cold.  DD1 has strep.  Son also has a nasty cold but we think he might have strep as well (I put a call in to the dr already).  I'm ready for this to be over.  DH just got rid of his nasty cold.  I just hope DD2 stays healthy.

DH and I had plans for some diy projects over the weekend but the garage door started acting funky so we spend 1.5 days working on it.  All of the wires needed to be adjusted (we're thinking vibrations moved them over time) in order for the sensors to light up and work properly.

I have a new client and today is my first day working with them.  They want me to come in to the office for a couple months to get things set up before I can work on it from home.  It's only a couple hours on Mondays but I am a little nervous.  DH is off on Mondays so at least nothing will need to change with the kids.
  • The weekend was good. Lots of hanging out at home and resting.

Saturday I went grocery shopping and cooked dinner.

Yesterday was church, a bit of shopping, and then mom came over for a little while with her maltipoo. I had a hard time falling asleep last night, so I ended up sleeping on the couch.

Today sucks already. We were supposed to get paid today, and the money isn't in our accounts. This is the 2nd time this has happened in a 6 month period. I am livid. HR isn't even apologizing for it.

• Yes, the selling of everything is pissing me off. Just leave me alone, people. One of my friends is selling shit and got mad that I only came to one of her parties. Ummmm, how many do I need to go to and pretend like I might buy something but won't? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

• So much this. My Facebook feed currently has 5 beachbody coaches and 2 weird wrap sellers that post every damn day. Like, I'm glad you have lost weight/started working out/feel healthier, but stop trying to get me to buy workouts I can find for free online. 
    The "IT WORKS!" people? We were on a plane chock full of them when we went to FL a few weeks ago. There must have been a conference. Judging by the sales people, either "it DOESN'T work" or none of them are using their own products. 
  • AddieCake said:
    Yes, the selling of everything is pissing me off. Just leave me alone, people. One of my friends is selling shit and got mad that I only came to one of her parties. Ummmm, how many do I need to go to and pretend like I might buy something but won't? 
    So much this. It seems like everyone I know is selling something. One of my friends in particular, is the worst. She sells essential oils. I have nothing against essential oils, but we don't really have room in our budget for extras right now and frankly I'm really not interested. She sends Facebook invites to parties, and if people don't respond she starts the personal messages. She's even approached me in person at church asking why I'm not coming and saying if I'll tell her when I'm free she will plan a party I can come to.

Girl. Can you not take a hint?????

• *sprays Lysol all over this post* I hope you guys/your families feel better soon. 

We had gorgeous weather this weekend and today, but I heard it's supposed to get colder again tomorrow. I don't want the ungodly hot summer to start, but I wish it would stay consistent - not upper 70s one day and mid-50s the next. (I'd still be fine with mid-50s, as long as the temp stays there.)

DK came home on Friday and we had a date night/saw Deadpool. It was hilarious. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2nd one when it comes out in a few years. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing/bumming around the house. 

I need to take my car some day this week and have my leaky tire fixed/replaced and get the oil changed. Work will also be crazy busy the next 2 weeks while I get ready for my 2 weeks of training later this month. 

• Fun weekend for us and H and I are at home together today (he works Tues/Thurs since he's an adjunct professor and my bosses gave me Leap Day off just because). Our friends, H's ex-gf and her husband, visited over the weekend. We cooked together Friday night and drank and played some games. Saturday went downtown for lunch, wine and cheese, and wine-shopping then came back for more gaming and drinking (sensing a theme? lol) and Sunday they attended the church we've been trying out and had lunch with my extended family before heading back home.
  • Boo to all the sick kiddos.  This year seems to be really bad for everyone getting sick.

Friday I got my hairs did.  He took so much off and I feel so much better.  Party was Friday night and was a success.  Saturday I was trying to recover and instead started afternoon drinking at one of my favorite cocktail places.  Living downtown can be a dangerous proposition.  Then ended up taking a friend's cat for them b/c he's going through some serious personal drama and needed help.  Sunday I finally spent all day in bed, basically detoxing and sleeping.  It was a good weekend, but I am not a 20 something person anymore.
  • 6fsn said:

So much this. My Facebook feed currently has 5 beachbody coaches and 2 weird wrap sellers that post every damn day. Like, I'm glad you have lost weight/started working out/feel healthier, but stop trying to get me to buy workouts I can find for free online. 

AMEN!!!!  I come from the background having been an elite level powerlifter, which means, I hang around with the bodybuilders (many have their pro-cards) and the strong(wo)men...  So when I get the Beachbody friends from non-fitness backgrounds trying to sell their crap (TO ME! which gets a big WTF by itself when I explain "I have to pass a drug test, I'm not putting your MLM crap in my body!") then post videos of themselves doing horrid form half-squats, etc. ARGH!!!!  And what really took the cake was one chick sucking her gut in claiming to have a 6-pack when what I really wanted to reply was "that ain't no six pack, it's a keg, you ain't fooling anybody!"...  It's the Ronnie Coleman quote "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift no heavy@$$ weights.."

Our weekend sort of sucked - The little guy got a case of Scarlet Fever...  Thing is, he's got more energy than anyone else around here, never went above 99.9 for temp, but was covered head to toe in a rash so took him in... I'm guessing the strep was missed when I had him for his well-child visit early in the week he was a bit hoarse that morning and they did a rapid strep on him but the nurse did a HS job doing it (could tell she only swabbed his tongue as a "humor the mom" - DD had strep recently as well as a laundry list of kids at daycare)...

• @mrs.conn23 & @tawillers I hope your families feel better!

This is a Very Monday Monday. I'm trying to trade in my car, but the engine light came on & I needed to get it inspected this month, so I spent all of Saturday at the dealer hoping they could fix it. Over $500 later, the engine light came back on - and the service department at the dealer is mystified and wants me to bring the car back in - and my car failed inspection today.

I am at the point where I don't want to sink any more $$ into my car, but I want to get a decent amount for trade-in. And that inspection fail sticker is embarrassing.
  • I hope all the kiddos are better!

Did you know that you can be so constipated that you puke?   We found out that DD's long stomach virus wasn't completely a virus.   And now after multiple bouts of major pyrotechnics over the weekend, kiddo was sent for x rays to find out that she's so backed up it's making her sick.  :-( 
  • banana468 said:
    I hope all the kiddos are better!

Did you know that you can be so constipated that you puke?   We found out that DD's long stomach virus wasn't completely a virus.   And now after multiple bouts of major pyrotechnics over the weekend, kiddo was sent for x rays to find out that she's so backed up it's making her sick.  :-( 
    Oh no! I hope she feels better too! 

The same thing happened to one of our nieces a few years ago. I can't remember what the doc gave her to fix it, but once they figured out the issue, she was better in a few days!
  • On the MLM note, a friend shared a video today about annoying things that people post/do with their businesses on FB and said to let her know if she does any of that because she doesn't want to be annoying. ...She does about half the shit on the list but I'm not going to be the one to tell her. Plus, she's a worse offender for being a 'consultant' or whatever for two different MLMs.
  • banana468 said:

This happens with DD frequently to the point that we've got the Miralax routine down to a science (whenever she now says she has a tummy ache the first question is "When is the last time you pooped?")...  Mag Citrate is the last resort, but gosh dang!!  Those first times before we really knew what really was going on sucked though!
  • We had to do the Miralax thing with her a few years ago but at the time the constipation was very evident (she was in diapers and clearly trying to push).   This time it was a hidden enemy.   

• AddieCake said:
    Yes, the selling of everything is pissing me off. Just leave me alone, people. One of my friends is selling shit and got mad that I only came to one of her parties. Ummmm, how many do I need to go to and pretend like I might buy something but won't? 
    So much this. It seems like everyone I know is selling something. One of my friends in particular, is the worst. She sells essential oils. I have nothing against essential oils, but we don't really have room in our budget for extras right now and frankly I'm really not interested. She sends Facebook invites to parties, and if people don't respond she starts the personal messages. She's even approached me in person at church asking why I'm not coming and saying if I'll tell her when I'm free she will plan a party I can come to.

Girl. Can you not take a hint?????
    I did MLM for about a year, and I'm SO GLAD I stopped.  It just relies on your ability to bug your friends.  No thanks.  I've point blank told people to not talk to me about It Works, Younique, etc.
  • I'm a SAHM, I bet I know at least one person (or 3) that sells every MLM item out there.  Some people post every once in awhile and it doesn't phase me (there's a former knottie that comes to mind).  Some have made business pages and I just ignore.  One posts every little sale on her personal page and daily makeup things. 

I do confess that there are some MLM items I LOVE.  The rep never contacts me about it and just gets me an order when I ask.
  • banana468 said:

Oh gosh that sounds like the most horrible form of torture!!!!! Poor kid!!!!! I hope she gets better soon!

• 6fsn said:
    I'm a SAHM, I bet I know at least one person (or 3) that sells every MLM item out there.  Some people post every once in awhile and it doesn't phase me (there's a former knottie that comes to mind).  Some have made business pages and I just ignore.  One posts every little sale on her personal page and daily makeup things. 

I do confess that there are some MLM items I LOVE.  The rep never contacts me about it and just gets me an order when I ask.
    L&R? Yeah, she's not obnoxious about it. I've done a few of her Beachbody groups. I was a coach for like 6 months, once, but it was solely to get a discount on the Shakeology. I stopped as soon as I had a backlog of Shakeology. 
  • Yep, Barbie. 
  • Buffy is in the realm of the sick too--and she shares, so we've all been sick.

The Mr's birthday was last week, and it's a given that his birthday sucks.
    He's also being a PITA which is EITHER him being a  Moodzilla mcWankerson OR is some depression anxiety shit he's not got together.  Or both.  It's hard to see where one starts and the other ends sometimes. 
    And being the nice wife I am, my response is sheer unadulterated anger, which doesn't help.

We canceled all of the weekend plans and did nothing.  Buffy has now seen the original 3 star wars and episode 1.  She really wants to be a pod racer I think.  I'll work on that.  (we're still waiting for the backordered leotard for her scarlet witch costume, which we need to finish before I help with another)

• GBCK said:
    Buffy is in the realm of the sick too--and she shares, so we've all been sick.

The Mr's birthday was last week, and it's a given that his birthday sucks.
    He's also being a PITA which is EITHER him being a  Moodzilla mcWankerson OR is some depression anxiety shit he's not got together.  Or both.  It's hard to see where one starts and the other ends sometimes. 
    And being the nice wife I am, my response is sheer unadulterated anger, which doesn't help.

We canceled all of the weekend plans and did nothing.  Buffy has now seen the original 3 star wars and episode 1.  She really wants to be a pod racer I think.  I'll work on that.  (we're still waiting for the backordered leotard for her scarlet witch costume, which we need to finish before I help with another)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes DH gets in a mood that lasts a few days and he just finds issues with everything I do and tells me how wrong I am, refuses to do anything that might get him out of this funk, tells me to stop cheering him up but if i just try to leave him alone he gets mad and says I don't care about him. Finally I snap and say something terribly mean and then I'm the terrible person who kicked him while he's down... I'm sorry but him being in a bad mood affects me too and sometimes I just can't take it anymore. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My boss called me in and gave my annual raise/bonus info. Raise was a little lower than expected, but in part due to the pay bump that I got last year. The bonus was more than I thought it would be (I had one of my numbers wrong) so overall happy. Will be happier when the promotion goes through in the next month or 2 - hopefully will be getting a ~7% bump (which is pretty standard, here.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards