Chit Chat

Miami

Happy Monday! As I wrote in my other post, FI and I had a trip planned to Florida to visit my grandma, but after a fall, she is actually staying with my aunt in California. So now FI and I are randomly going to Florida.

We're thinking of taking a day trip to Miami (it's about an hour away). Anyone have any suggestions for what to do? Since we're not staying overnight, we're not doing the whole club scene thing, but we'd like to see the city.

Also, we're planning on going on an airboat tour of the Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, so if anyone has any suggestions about that area, that would be cool, too.

Re: Miami

• nerdwife said:
    Happy Monday! As I wrote in my other post, FI and I had a trip planned to Florida to visit my grandma, but after a fall, she is actually staying with my aunt in California. So now FI and I are randomly going to Florida.

We're thinking of taking a day trip to Miami (it's about an hour away). Anyone have any suggestions for what to do? Since we're not staying overnight, we're not doing the whole club scene thing, but we'd like to see the city.

Also, we're planning on going on an airboat tour of the Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, so if anyone has any suggestions about that area, that would be cool, too.
    I just booked a Miami Beach trip yesterday.  I don't know much about the city proper though so I might not be much of a help there.  South Beach is still cool to check out though.  There's a huge Ocean Front park, and restaurants and shops up and down Ocean Drive.  Be prepared, gratuity is included and service is slow - that is the standard for Sobe.

We did the airboat Everglades thing though when we stayed in Marco Island.  We talked about making a reservation, but you can walk up and book a boat ride at any of the 5ish companies available at any of the Everglades stops so it's really not necessary.  I loved the airboat ride!

Hope your grandma is okay.
  • Thanks @kimmiinthemitten! I didn't mean to imply we were only interested in a certain area of Miami - I literally know nothing about the city, so really anywhere in/around Miami is cool with us. We'll look into South Beach. Thanks! 
  • You know what's really cool south of Miami? Vizcaya. http://vizcaya.org/

Other than that I won't be much help. I'm not a beach person and never saw anything in Miami besides Vizcaya that wasn't beach-related. Try some Cuban food though. Otherwise, blugh. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards