May 2016 Weddings

Invitations are out!

Just under 10 weeks to go and dropped off my invitations at the post office just now.  As I left I said to the woman 'please take good care of them'.  Its so exciting!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitations are out!

• Yaaaaay! For invites. Mine won't go out till later this month since I'm at 12 weeks.  It's getting so close and I've already started a major to-do list that seems to just be getting larger. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @falsara your signature gif is PERFECT for this post!! @laurad75 that's so exciting!! I'm not quite ready to send mine out either. I was doing so well with addressing them for a little while but I kind of fizzled out on that so I need to get back on that task so I'm not freaking out about them last minute!

In other news we booked Cancun last week!!! I've never been on vacation without my family so I'm super pumped to get out of my tiny little town and just spend some quality time with FI when he can't be worried about work!! Hooray for honeymoons!

• @futuremrsschmidt0514 OMG you're right!  That's pretty much exactly what I looked like leaving the post office.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Um...remember when I was so fired up to send my invites out?  Literally hours later I found out my venue closed.  
    Heartbreaking article here: http://www.westportnow.com/index.php?/v3/comments/with_friedman_death_cobbs_mill_inn_closes/

I have already found a few venues that we can switch to but... are you effing kidding me?!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry that happened. Have you contacted them about getting your deposit back?   

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've called but there is no answer right now.  I'm more focused on finding a new venue.  It would be great to get the deposit back but I'm not going to fight for that now.  I'll probably let FI handle it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Funny, the gif is still appropriate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurad75 said:
    I've called but there is no answer right now.  I'm more focused on finding a new venue.  It would be great to get the deposit back but I'm not going to fight for that now.  I'll probably let FI handle it.  
    Yea. That makes sense. I'm sure the replacement venue will turn out beatifully. 

And I've found that that gif covers a wide range of reactions. One of the main reasons I keep it. Lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh no @laurad75! I don't know what I would do if my venue closed! Good luck finding a new one and like @falsara said I'm sure it will be just as beautiful as the original one! I'm so sorry that happened! Keep us posted when you find your new place!

• Thanks!  I made a lot of progress yesterday.  The extra challenge is that I live in Boston and planning a CT wedding so I can't just jump up and go visit venues.  I did make four appointments to see gorgeous venues that have May 7 available this coming weekend.  I'm sure one of them will work.

I also received an email from the original venue.  Currently, all events for the next 6 weeks are cancelled and they 'hope' to reopen after that.  Still, anyone with an event scheduled can cancel and get their deposit back so that's good news.

I'm kind of excited to do the venue tours this weekend.  We didn't really do that when we first started planning - I just picked a place I liked.  I think it will be fun.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kudos to you for staying so positive about it! I know I would not have that mentality! Have fun with the search!
  • Holy crap, I give you soooo much credit for your attitude. I think that would be the push that launched my ass off the deep end at this point. Hoping it all works out and your wedding is even better because of it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did find another venue over the weekend and its going to be lovely.  Its very different than my original venue (much more traditional with a big ballroom and all that) but there is a lot about the new place that I love.  The wedding coordinator there is amazing and has been so helpful stepping on the gas so we can catch up to a manageable timeline.  

Communicating the changes to my guests will be tricky and we now have to get an entree choice from everyone but we have time and people want to be helpful.

As for my attitude, I really didn't feel like I had a choice but to stay positive and focused on solutions rather than problems.  The priority is that FI and I get married, everything else is just a party (a really expensive party) and its going to be an awesome day.  

Only 2 months left!  Can you believe how fast the time is going?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @laurad75 congrats on finding your new venue!! I'm glad the coordinator is kicking butt for you! I want to see some pictures of your new place!!

I can't believe we're getting close to that 2 month mark! I met with my aunt who is acting as my coordinator last night and woah I have a lot left to do!! I'm glad to have her helping me because she's bringing up things that I never would have even thought of! I'm starting to feel the stress of "Holy crap my wedding is just around the corner!"

I have my 3rd and final bridal shower tomorrow so that should be a good time!

• My bachelorette party was Saturday and that was the first big bridal event for me.  It was so much fun but I am still exhausted.  

Yes, there is still a lot to do and now we have to send out new invitations and accommodation info since everything changed.  This coming Friday/ weekend we are going to town hall to apply for our marriage licence, I have another dress fitting and we are meeting with our cupcake baker.  Oh, and we are signed up to run a half marathon on Saturday morning.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards