Wedding Party

Groomsman Not Following Through

We are officially less than 4 weeks away from our wedding.  My cousin, who gets along great with FI, is a groomsman.  He got a huge promotion and had to move out of state over the summer. It's been a huge undertaking, and he now travels a lot for work.

FI and the other groomsmen got fitted over the Christmas holiday.  He had communicated to my cousin all of the details, and that he would need to go to Mens Wearhouse to be fitted.  End of January, FI asked me to remind him.  I did, as did my sister.  Only my sister got a response.  I texted again last week, asking if there was a mix up at Mens Wearhouse and maybe he had been fitted.  He said he meant to go, but got called out of town.  He asked if it was too late, and I said no, but he may need to transport it with him. 

Today, he has still not been fitted.  FI is ready to kick him out, and is saying that because he doesn't respond right away and he hasn't made it a priority, cousin doesn't care.  I don't think that is the case.  I don't want to kick him out, but I need to figure out how to put the pressure on cousin.

How should I approach this?  Is there a way to word everything firmly, but allow for a step down if he's too busy?

Re: Groomsman Not Following Through

• Back off. If it doesn't get done, he has removed himself from the wedding. Oh, well.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think you both need to chill out and get off his back. If he doesn't get fitted in time, then he's removed himself from the wedding. Oh well. It's not the end of the world! 
  • Yep - guys get fitted for Prom the Monday before Prom and they still have a suit to wear that matches his date's attire.  DH got fitted for a suit to wear at his Dad's Saturday funeral on Thursday at MW...  Cut the guy some slack, remind him he can go into any Men's Warehouse location in the country to get the fitting done, then DROP IT!
  • The fact that your name is victim has got me feeling realllllly snarky.

• It's Men's Warehouse.   They can handle it. 
  • This is one of those 'problems' that will work itself out, at the latest, on your wedding day. He will either have the suit and will be a gm or he won't. 

If you ask him to step down, you will create more problems.

• We got married OOT from where my H and I live.  H and his BM went to a local Men's Warehouse just 10 days before the wedding to get fitted, with the tuxes being picked up at a MW near the city we were getting married in.  It all worked out fine.

I did nag my H a bit as the time started getting to close, but finally said to myself, "Well, I'm not reminding him anymore.  If he ends up having to get married in one of his suits (he wanted a tux) or khakis and a dress shirt, that's on him.  We'll be married either way, so it's all good in the end."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards