Favors

Edible favor suggestions

Hey, everyone! I would like some suggestions for edible favors. I originally wanted to do mini bottles of champagne, but the venue would only allow it if they were consumed off premises, and since I don't want to be patrolling that we will have edible favors (which will probably be more popular anyway). Any suggestions?

I don't want to spend a ton of time putting together little containers filled with candy, so if there is something easier that I could order that's already "pre-packaged", please let me know. However, if I have to suck it up and putz around with mini boxes and ribbons, I will. Thanks!!!

Re: Edible favor suggestions

• edited February 2016
    Chocolate is always popular. When I was in college, I went to the wedding of a friend of my mom's, and she and her husband had fundraising size chocolate bars wrapped in a label with their names and an ingredient list that included things like love, laughter, kisses, etc. Kind of corny, but sweet.
  • Local chocolate shop for a box of two truffles, little jars of local preserves, wedding related shaped cookies, favourite candies (received a bag of M&Ms at a wedding where the bride and groom both had M names and loved the candy), local craft soda. Keep in mind that favours are not required so don't worry if you can't think of something you would like to give out. 
  • Is your location known for a special cookie or dessert?  You could always tip to that with your choice.  For quick assembly, I'd focus on things where 1 or 2 is considered a good portion, so maybe a pair of truffles or (decorated sugar cookie.

Other ideas: cupcakes, chocolate covered Oreos, a packet/small jar of a spice rub or drink mix, mini pies or tarts.  There are really any number of choices.

Also, if your venue has pretty strict requirements/rules about consumption of food and drinks they don't prepare, you could always skip favors and instead use what you would have spent on them to upgrade your menu - maybe add another appetizer, or add a scoop of ice cream with cake, for example.
    Anniversary

• Cookies, chocolate, caramel apples if it's fall. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We did chocolate covered Oreos with a heart design 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    The best!  http://www.sees.com/occasions/celebration-gifts/celebration-hearts/200416.html   Free shipping if you spend more than $60.

These European chocolates are very special, too.  http://www.leonidas-chocolate.com/favors.html

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    What's your budget?

We had a local gourmet cookie place that baked and did all the custom packaging for us as part of the price so all I had to do was pick up the boxes a day before the wedding and drop them off at the venue.

I just feel like there are tons of options online that will pre-package everything for you. The simplest thing would be just buy a bunch of nicer chocolate truffles and place a couple at each place setting.

• I agree to think of something "local". A friend her in AZ had prickly pear lollipops, I've gotten maple candy, Buckeyes, fudge (Mackinaw Island), salt water taffy, etc. 

If there really is nothing, the Easter candy wil be coming out soon. I had the individual Reese cups in pink and gold wrappers, and had a sticker made from Etsy to put on the top. We just scattered them around the table. 
  • We did Godiva favors.  They were not local, but we had zero left behind.
  • We are doing a popcorn bar with Garrett's popcorn 
  • are there any specific sweet treats that tie in with your heritage?  my friend is Lebanese and they had those little honey comb treats in celophane. we thought that was really cute:)
    we decided to do a little rx bag with something to balance electrolites and kill a hangover. we've got some heavy drinkers on our guest list so i think it'll go over well:) 
  • Could you do an additional station at your venue? Instead of doing favors we are doing a late night station of soft pretzels and cheese steaks (We are from Philly). The venue is providing to go containers so that guests can take it home with them. It's like a favor but we don't have to do any work :)
  • At a wedding I was at once, they did a "candy buffet" by way of favors, where guests could fill small paper bags with different types of candy of their choice as they left.
  • Edible favors are the best. I did M&Ms (both our names are M names) and I've been to a wedding with chocolate covered popcorn. Yum!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We had a candy table with baggies for take home if guests wanted. I think most of it got eaten during the reception ;).

We bought the vases and scoops/tongs from the dollar store. We put the candy into the jars, then brought it to the venue and they set it up on the table for us.
  • I've been to a wedding with a candy bar/buffet, and it makes for such cute presentation. I loved it.

My cousin gave away coffee at her wedding for favors with custom packaging/sticker on the bag, and I thought it was a really cute and unique idea.
  • I love the coffee idea!

We're doing boxes of Girl Scout cookies for our favors. Thin Mints, Tag-Alongs, Samoas and Trefoils (our favorites!!) tied with ribbons in our wedding colors and a tag that will say "Love is Sweet!" 

Our family friend has a 12 year old who overheard me and her mother talking about wedding favors and how much what we were interested in was going to cost us and suggested giving Girl Scout Cookies since we always buy so many for ourselves!
  • I love the coffee idea!

We're doing boxes of Girl Scout cookies for our favors. Thin Mints, Tag-Alongs, Samoas and Trefoils (our favorites!!) tied with ribbons in our wedding colors and a tag that will say "Love is Sweet!" 

Our family friend has a 12 year old who overheard me and her mother talking about wedding favors and how much what we were interested in was going to cost us and suggested giving Girl Scout Cookies since we always buy so many for ourselves!
    What a fun idea!
  • I attended a wedding last year where they had all sorts of sweets as favors. There were mini cupcakes, heart shaped cookies, kisses, chocolate covered pretzels and marshmallows. There wasn't a single item left. People love edible favors & I think that's where you get your money's worth. 
  • It's against the TOS to advertise in the forums except in the Classifieds folder. 
  • Sorry, ladies, I've been MIA lately. Thanks for all the suggestions! We decided to go with mini Hershey bars with a personalized label! They're cute, but if anyone decides to go that route, the wrappers printed lighter than the template I gave them, FYI. Not the end of the world, I think they will still be hit, but the OCD in me is a tiny bit annoyed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards