Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

Re: Hump Day

• I saw this video on my FB last night and was shocked. WTF.

• @cu97tiger - Well, crap on the tendonitis.  Any ideas how you're going to modify?  Do they have you taking an anti-inflammatory or anything?

Well, I probably won't be doing any push jerks/split jerks in the near future. No pull ups (though jumping pullups don't seem to bother me), no kipping anything. I will keep doing strict presses unless I'm not getting any better. I can do pushups, but can't go all the way to the floor (basically I can go to a 90* angle).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Everyone is so fast. I can't keep up!

@beachyone15 I went to Savannah last year, loved it!
    @jenna8984 I love the wall decals!
    @cu97tiger That sucks for your friend, what a d-bag of a husband! I hope she finds someone worthwhile!
    @cocobellaF Oh I feel ya, I hate having to use a chair unless I must, but when I must I do try to make the most of it. I keep saying when I'm old I'm getting a turquoise Rascal scooter with flames on it. 
    @jenjen047 That Hitler/Trump stuff is terrifying! It really scares the crap out of me that people are THAT STUPID. I could completely see Trump becoming a Dictator and people loving every second of it. 
    @speakeasy14 A 20s ball sounds AWESOME!

• @jenjen047 that's annoying with the immigration paperwork, you should just go somewhere like CA or Puerto Rico for now just to go! My friend's husband has been in the states for 20 years, married to her for 10 years and he still doesn't have a passport and can only leave/come back from his own country.

• @speakeasy14 - That's one of the greatest Trump memes I've ever seen!

@AlPacina - I vote get it looked at. You'll still be hot with a hole in your forhead, I promise! I feel like Christie is really trying to get in there for the VP role which sucks because he's a terrible fucking governor. OMG I want to go to Kenya SO BADLY! That will be amazing! 

• @AlPacina I'm hoping that's the case. When I was doing WW before I found I always lost more when I was drinking more so that is my goal here.

Today is dragging!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @AlPacina get it checked. We'll just do this to you:

@speakeasy14 - But it looks so much cooler on his cheek! Imagine it on his forehead, haha.

@TwoDimes - OMG, That house is definitely drool-worthy!

@Swazzle - You're probably right. I've never been to a dermatologist, so I think that's holding me back more than anything. Which is a dumb reason not to go, haha.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @TwoDimes BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @AlPacina - The derm is the easiest doctor! You just have to stand there and let them lookit you. NBD. Make your appointment, lady! 

• So I really want to schedule another Fix because I want a surprise at my door but I was really disappointed in my last 2. I've been holding out hoping they offer me some kind of credit in their "we want you back emails" but no such luck yet lol. Has anyone got a credit from them without complaining about an issue?
    I also told myself I can only buy myself a new article of clothing when I lose 2 pounds and the scale is not budging! 

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @twodimes - that house is gorgeous!

@speakeasy14 - He's not an American citizen so him going to PR or the USVI is the same as going international, unfortunately.

@jenna8984 - We talked about that but we'd rather wait and save our money for the trip we really want to take. ETA: Also I'm confused about your friend's H. If he is here that long he must have a green card, in which case he can travel anywhere internationally.

@alpacina - Kenya sounds AWESOME!! Also how cool to be able to do that trip with a native speaker.

@wink0erin - I've heard awesome things about CR! I hope you see lots of sloths.

• So I really want to schedule another Fix because I want a surprise at my door but I was really disappointed in my last 2. I've been holding out hoping they offer me some kind of credit in their "we want you back emails" but no such luck yet lol. Has anyone got a credit from them without complaining about an issue?
    I also told myself I can only buy myself a new article of clothing when I lose 2 pounds and the scale is not budging! 

@lavenderfields13 - I miss getting packages too! It's so fun around Christmas when I always have boxes coming around. I'm trying to hold off on SF for money reasons too. I've never gotten credit other than my sign up credit.

If you want a surprise on your doorstep, I think that's why we're doing the surprise exchange! ;)

• @jenjen047 Yea I have no idea how that works but she is adamant that he can't go anywhere. She went to a wedding in Mexico without him and said that was the reason. Guess he was never approved for the green card for some reason (they are slackers so I also wouldn't doubt that they just never applied for one)??

• @jenna8984 - If they never applied for a GC then his visa must have expired and in that case he wouldn't even be able to go to his own country. I'm no immigration lawyer but I've never heard of any visa arrangement that sounds like what they are telling you. Something doesn't add up.

Literally me right now:

I am so bored. I have stuff I could do but nothing is urgent so I'm just not feeling motivated.

• @jenjen047 Same. I've opted for hunting for cute spring/summer stuff online.
  • @swazzle - Chris Christie's face is amazing in that clip. I especially love the clips where they set it to really doom and gloom sounding music. He really seems to be regretting something.

----------------

In other news, I decided to take Friday off to have an appointment and be available for my couch delivery. Well, that has now turned into a vet appointment, followed by a dermatologist appointment, followed by a laser hair removal appointment, and then my couch delivery in the afternoon. I do have time in between each of these, but it's going to be a full day!

• Fuuuuuuuuuuck. In other other news, my best friend at work (and one of my best friends in real life) just told me she got news she has endometrial cancer. It sounds like they're going to schedule her for a hysterectomy. I'm trying to be strong right now because she sits right by me and you can tell she's pretty much on the verge of tears, but I am too!

Any ideas on something I could do to take her mind off of it a little? Her husband already sent her some beautiful yellow flowers.

• @AlPacina - My favorite is that exact clip with the 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' theme song playing. 

Your "day off" seems like anything but! 

• @alpacina - I am so sorry for your friend. That's terrible. What about a care package of her favorites foods or baked goods? Or a bubble bath basket: some nice bath products, a relaxing CD, and candles.
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    jenjen047 said:
    @alpacina - I am so sorry for your friend. That's terrible. What about a care package of her favorites foods or baked goods? Or a bubble bath basket: some nice bath products, a relaxing CD, and candles.

@jenjen047 - Maybe I should stock her up on some girl scout cookies so she can stop stealing mine! Ha, jk. But I really think treats are a good way to go. She has a sweet tooth. Thank you.

I got her the Humans of New York Stories book for Christmas and she totally loved it. Does anyone know of anything similar? With pictures and/or uplifting stories? I might try and add something like that.

• @AlPacina - Oh no, that's awful! I vote for a treat you know she loves, a good bottle of wine, a nice candle, and maybe one of those relaxing heating pads that you can pop in the microwave for a couple minutes and lay over your shoulders? I have one from @helloliv 's etsy shop that's amazing but I'm not sure if her shop is still open. 

Any chance she's a cat person? There's a Felines of New York book too. 

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @AlPacina Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I really like the treat idea. Would any of the Postsecret books be good? Those are the first things that come to mind as being somewhat similar to Humans of New York.

ETA: Maybe a book that will make her laugh? Maybe one of the Jenny Lawson books?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle - Those are all good ideas! She's totally a dog person, so I'm sure a book full of cute dogs exists SOMEWHERE. ;) And a hot pad is going to be a nice thing for her to have around in general, so that is a GREAT suggestion.

@eilis1228 - I haven't ever heard of Jenny Lawson but I'm gonna hit up B&N and I'll check her out. Thank you so much!

@TwoDimes - A gift card's also a good idea! Thank you!

----------------

She just left for the day, looking a bit broke down. In a way it's a relief for me so I don't have to pretend to be okay for the rest of the day. I only just remembered that her husband had cancer 5 years ago, and they fought infertility for years (unfortunately never successful). They're officially one of the toughest couples I know.

I'll take them both out to a kickass dinner once she's recovered from her surgery.

• Omg @AlPacina that is really awful news :( I'm so sorry. I think you got some great suggestions so far!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards