Chit Chat

S/O - "Some guy you met in a bar"

13»

Re: S/O - "Some guy you met in a bar"

• We joke that I'm trashy and H is my ex-boyfriend's best friend, who I cheated on another guy with. Which is true, but not as trashy as it sounds.

Friend and I dated for two years in high school and after we broke up, we became best friends. So Friend and I had been nothing more than friends for about two years and I was dating someone else. H had been in the same group of friends the whole time and was also dating someone else for a long time. Neither of us were happy in our relationships. One night at a party, Friend tells me that I should sleep with H because we'd "get him back" (his girlfriend didn't like us and H rarely hung out with us) and then we'd both stop bitching about our SO.

A few weeks later, at another party, I told H what friend had said. He laughed but I could tell he was thinking about it. Later that night, he kissed me. He broke up with his girlfriend the next day. I waffled back and forth for a while and eventually broke up with my loser boyfriend. Friend decided he didn't want us to date so he basically told us not to. After trying to hide it for like six months, Friend pretty much gave us an ultimatum. H broke up with me and then wanted to get back together like a month later. We're friends with Friend again but we weren't for like four years.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I was on a date with another man.  He was hitting bars with his buddies.  I was a drunken $25 bet.  This year we will celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary :)
  • We met online, so our story is boring, so we spice it up by admitting it was the free sleezy site, POF haha.

However my sisters story is cute. Her and her H started dating when they were 18. But when they were in middle school and I was in HS, I went to one of their basketball games. This adorable kid in front of me somehow found out she was my sister and told me he was going to marry her someday. 
    @kimmiinthemitten that's where we met too although I didn't know it was a sleezy site LOL
  • kvruns said:
    We met online, so our story is boring, so we spice it up by admitting it was the free sleezy site, POF haha.

However my sisters story is cute. Her and her H started dating when they were 18. But when they were in middle school and I was in HS, I went to one of their basketball games. This adorable kid in front of me somehow found out she was my sister and told me he was going to marry her someday. 
    @kimmiinthemitten that's where we met too although I didn't know it was a sleezy site LOL
    Then you lucked out!  I am a pretty vulgar person and I received some emails that even made me gasp!
  • I met FH when I was bartending in college. He was in a band that was playing at the bar that night, and his band was one that I liked and kept track of their gigs in the area. What I didn't realize, was that he was also the newspaper reporter whose articles I had used for an assignment for an environmental conservation class I was taking. I saw his name in the band bio and realized it was the same person, and explained the funny coincidence when they showed up to set up that night, and I introduced myself. I served him a burger and a few Guinnesses, and he asked me out at the end of the night (which I now know is a super bold move for him).

And I said no. haha! Only because I was dating someone else at the time, but that relationship was hitting the skids. I thought he was really cute and found him on facebook, and we messaged back and forth for a few weeks. The relationship I was in ended, and we went out the next night. We've been together now over 5 years.
  • kvruns said:
    We met online, so our story is boring, so we spice it up by admitting it was the free sleezy site, POF haha.

Then you lucked out!  I am a pretty vulgar person and I received some emails that even made me gasp!
    I met mine on OKStupid and seriously, sleazy is too nice for some of those guys. 
  • My dad and my step mom were set up on a blind date; their friends figured they would hit it off because they are both short. My dad was a horse jockey and I tower over him at 5’2”. She was a single mom with 2 young kids and thought my dad was a “lounge lizard” and my dad didn’t want to be tired down to a woman with “brats”.

A few years later my dad knocks up my mom, not once but twice, but obtains sole legal and physical custody of us. When I am about 8 year old and we move from one how to another and my dad finds his “little black book” and starts calling all the numbers. The only one to have the same number and not be married was hers. He figures since she didn’t have girls that she would love a man with a daughter, I went with them on their first second round date. They have been together ever since, and she still has that same phone number.

I met my FI from posting an ad needing to find someone to teach me how to mow a lawn and clean a pool because I bought a house with land and a pool, but 2 months after closing, my ex informs me that he has yet again cheated on me and I was DONE. My FI is a federal officer and I was able to do my own background check before having him come over to my house where I had a huge party going on. He came over on his motorcycle and we hit it off. He had 3 beers and said he didn’t feel comfortable driving home (over an hour away) so he and a few others crashed at my house that night. The next morning was the very first time someone ever made me coffee, him. We have been together ever since. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards