Not Engaged Yet
Options

TGIF!

Last night, I met H for sushi when I got off the train since it's right across the street. We always share everything and got a spicy kani salad (one of my favorite things on Earth), an orange dragon roll (spicy salmon crunchy, crab, cucumber, topped with salmon & avocado), and a station roll (shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, avocado, black tobiko, chef's sauce). Everything was delicious even if they weren't too 'wild'. H is so stubborn about trying new rolls! When we got home, I took a shower and was in bed at 8pm. I haven't gotten much sleep all week and haven't been feeling great so it was very much-needed. 

What's up for the weekend? 

I have a whole lot of nothing going on. Tomorrow I'll probably clean the house and do laundry since I was away last weekend so it didn't get done. I have to catch up on 8 billion shows and text @GoldenPenguin throughout. On Sunday, I have a Devils game in the afternoon and then the series finale of Downton Abbey when I get home and I'm probably going to cry through the entire thing, start to finish. I hate that I got into this show so late and now it's ending :cry: 

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend that goes by super slowly and it takes FOREVER for Monday to arrive! 

Re: TGIF!

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - The station roll is probably my favorite but we always get that. The other one is one we hadn't had before and it was good! 

Your porch looks so nice! It looks like it's ready for Spring. Without seeing pics, I would probably go with the more neutral flooring but that's because neutral is my middle name. I prefer things that are versatile. 

• Options
    @Swazzle I'm not a fan of sushi. BF loves it though, so he gets it when we go to the hibachi. 

@CocoBellaF Your porch looks so nice! I wish I had one to decorate, I just have steps.

Tonight BF and I are going to a comedy night fundraiser for my Pop Warner league. They have three comedians and a bar so it should be fun. Tomorrow we have to finish painting and get shelves and stuff up on the walls. BF was invited to watch the fight Saturday night, and he still hasn't decided if he wants to go or not. That's pretty much it for the weekend so it should be a good one!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Swazzle - The choice is between these two:
    LINK 1 Cinnamon
    LINK 2 Wheat

We're going to put it down everywhere there is carpet (living area, master bedroom and closet, Kennedy's room, spare bedroom, hallway).

Our main area tends to be on the dark side because that part of the house faces east and we don't get a lot of natural light.  The wood is already a medium to dark brown, so I thought the wheat lightened the place up nicely.  Our current carpet color is in between the 2 tile choices.

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - I love the cinnamon so much! 

• Options
    @Swazzle - I love the cinnamon too, but it's the one I'm afraid might be too busy.  What does NEY think?  The difference is about $425 with tax between the two, so it's not a huge deal if we go with the more expensive one.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Poor Callie and poor mama!  I hope you both get some rest today.  

@minskat30 - I'm also crossing my fingers that only two more weekends of work is needed on your renovations.  This has been one long, drawn-out project!!  J/W, but does Ani have quiet days and then super active days?  Kennedy is usually a crazy little sea monkey in there, but last night and this morning she's been pretty subdued.  
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Poor Callie and poor you! I hope she starts to feel better so you can both get some rest.

@minskat30 I hope your bathroom is done soon so you have one less stressor!

@untouchablets Happy Birthday!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @untouchablets Happy Birthday!!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I don't think it's too busy at all. I really like it a lot!

@southernpeach89 - Awww poor Callie! I hope she starts to feel better and you both get some rest! 

@minskat30 - Every single thing is crossed that your bathroom is done in the next two weekends! 

@untouchablets - Happy birthday!!! My place doesn't make it very spicy but it's just SO GOOD. H usually likes to order their rock shrimp tempura so I get to eat more of the kani salad which is FINE BY ME. 

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @cocobellaf - Yup, Ani has super active days and then very, very quiet ones where I don't feel her at all really.  I find that she is active most at night (if this is a precursor of what is to come, I don't like it).  Last night was weird...she straight out kicked my stomach and I saw my whole stomach move.  It was like having an alien baby in there.  ;)  Ani is active at night I think because that is pretty much the only time I eat sweets...she is bouncing around from the sugar high I'm sure.  My doctor hasn't told me to start counting kicks yet (not sure if she will) but I think I won't worry about it until I'm well into the 3rd trimester (which, holy crap!, starts in a week or two...is it week 27 or 28? I've read conflicting things on Dr. Google).  If you are concerned, it is always a good excuse to have a little chocolate and see if Kennedy starts a kicking, right?  ;)

@untouchablets - Happy birthday!!!!
  • Options
    @minskat30 - FF says that it is 28 weeks (so when you start 27+0).  You're almost there, eek!!!!!  Kennedy is kicking, it's just little tiny kicks compared to her normal karate chops and pushing her little butt or head against my stomach.  I admit, I did go drink some OJ at bed time last night just to get her to kick a little bit.  H is a lot more paranoid than I am and he was freaking out a bit because I mentioned she was quiet yesterday.  So he got to feel a kick after the OJ and was satisfied.  Silly H.  :)
  • Options
    @labro - So far, everyone I've talked to is on board with the cinnamon.  I think I'll probably go with it.  I like the wheat, but I love the cinnamon.  Sounds like you might have had a migraine yesterday??  My go to for headaches like that is to take 2 Aleve.  My neurologist Rxed it, and it's the only thing that helps me.  Hopefully you don't have to go through that again.  When are you going to reschedule your hair appt?
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @CocoBellaF I've never had a migraine so I guess I wouldn't know, it was like the hangover from hell except I hadn't been drinking. I just felt like poop. :( I had to reschedule my highlights for a week from Monday and I couldn't get my normal hair cut person on the same day so they're a week from Wednesday. Sucks that it's all broken up but at least I'll finally get it done. I am seriously overdue.

• Options
    @cocobellaf - No shame in that...I've been popping jelly beans if I don't feel Ani for a day.  I swear the little bugger does it on purpose (hangs out all quiet) so she can eat jelly beans.  ;)  I can't believe the 3rd trimester is almost here.  27+0 will be this upcoming Wednesday.  Time has flown by!

@labro - I'm sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday.  Your H is so sweet to make you soup.  :)  I'm glad you are feeling better...any idea what caused it all of a sudden?  Did you have enough water yesterday?  When I'm dehydrated I can get nausea pretty bad.  
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 I'll start a GoFundMe for you if you start one for me. ;)

@beachyone15 Enjoy all the wine this weekend!

@minskat30 I dunno. I drank a TON of water the day before and I had already had two bottles of water that morning so I don't think I was dehydrated.

ETA: Homeowners and future homeowners - What bothers you the most? The least? when you're looking to buy a home.

• Options
    @untouchablets Happy birthday!
  • Options
    @labro - I'm glad you're feeling better today! 

@speakeasy14 @jenna8984 @minskat30 @CocoBellaF @southernpeach89
    - My aunt had au pairs through my cousins' whole childhoods. She's always worked similar hours as me but she's a broker so she also has to entertain her clients which involves a lot of late nights out. Overall, the au pairs were really great (I'm actually still pretty close with one of them) but there were definitely a couple duds. 

@cu97tiger - Have fun at lunch tomorrow!!!

@TwoDimes - You should buy a Squatty Potty at BBB. 

• Options
    @cu97tiger - Well, I really am supposed to be on real bed rest when I'm not at work.  She wants me to keep my steps really low (I told her I normally only get 2500 at work, and she told me that's too many).  It is just SO HARD to sit and lay all the time.  I'm naturally a busy-bee type person.  I am making sure that I'm not lifting or doing anything strenuous (H carries the laundry basket for me, my mom came over to pot the plants on my porch, H will do all the groceries, I'll just point at what to grab).  She has me on this type of bed rest at least until 28 or 29 weeks (when we look at the placenta next).  She did this because I've been having a lot of spotting + low-lying placenta.  Her goal is to keep baby in until at least third tri begins and chances of baby's survival are much better.  I'm supposed to stay within 30 minutes of the our hospital, too.  Boo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards