Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Broken SD card, Michigan Photographer

About a month and a half after my wedding, when I asked my photographer for a specific picture for my Christmas card, wedding was 11.14.15, she told me she had terrible news regarding those pictures. She did not call, she did this all via email. Somehow the sd card, unknowingly to her, did not record a good quarter of my reception, all the pictures of the bridal party at the reception before we came into the reception. Roughly 45 minutes of photos. She told me there was a recall on this card but I can’t find any information on that. She tried to get them back she claimed, but had reused this card 3 times and it was reformatted so much the pictures were lost. I had a friend of mine double check, had she realized before she erased and reused, at least I would have had a chance.

Now she is holding my wedding album for ransom so that she can get the sd card back for another wedding! I told her I thought it was wrong that she would use a damaged sd card. I paid $2,000 for these photos. They were good, but I can't believe she could lose my pictures and then reuse the card. I just pray that she doesn't cause anyone else this much heartache. I didn't write a review at first, thinking, I know she feels so terrible about this. But her holding my album back until she can gets this broken sd card to shoot summer wedding, was too much. It made my blood boil and I wanted to let the community know to be aware of this.

In short, I told her I would have paid extra for a new sd card that was only for me. This might be a conversation you should have with your photographer.

Photographer is Alora Rachelle Photography, in Westland, MI.

Re: Broken SD card, Michigan Photographer

• Since I posted this, she has agreed to just give me the album and will not reuse the card, she claims she just wanted it because it had other people's photos on it. So perhaps a misunderstanding about that, but I do think it is important to know what procedures they do to back up the photos and to see if purchasing your own sd card is an option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards