New York-Long Island
Options

Going Rates for Hair Dressers & Make Up Artists

Hi everyone,

What is the going rates for hair dressors and make up artists?  I am looking for a great hair dresser and make up artist to come to the Huntington Hilton the morning of my wedding to do hair/make up.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Re: Going Rates for Hair Dressers & Make Up Artists

• Options
    nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my makeup I am using Christy Ann Cosmetics she is in Woodbury but comes to you the day of, The rate is $150 for the bride and then if you have 4 or more girls it's $100 a girl, that includes airbrush tech and lashes, That was about averaged from what I saw, some where even more. I had a trial with Victoria there and I LOVED it!! I would deff recommend them. For my hair, one of my girls is a hair dresser so she will be doing my hair and my moms the day of, she does wedding parties all the time I believe she charges a $100 fee to go to you and then $50 per girls when she is there, again that is about average. Her name is Deborah and her # is (631) 335-0505...her website is

www.deborahshairloft.com

GL :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for this.  I am going to contact her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have my make up done for under a 150 and my girls for 60 ..

lolalovesmakeup.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love my makeup artist and she was definitely under $150 for airbrush and lashes! www.makeupbymarisa.com HTH!
  • Options
    Michele Bell is a New York Celebrity Hair and makeup artist in the wedding industry, she is highly experienced and has been around since 1990, traveling all over the world with brides. I highly recommend locating Michele for your special day. 
    ww.capturecouture.com or www.bridestobeny.com
    I know she travels for the Hamptons and SouthHampton weddings.
    Smile

• Options
    I forgot to mention about rates. Any bride who spends thousands of dollars for a cake that is going to be eaten or spend thousands on flowers can spare the extra charge for a professional such as a photographer and makeup artist, after all you will be looking at those photos for a lifetime, not a cake or flowers.Tongue Out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards