Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday!

Re: Monday!

• Options
    @beachyone15 - I love your hair! How freaking good was TWD last night?! I really LOVE this season so much so far. We'll see how the rest goes, hopefully I don't change my mind. What all did you prep for the week? 

@wink0erin - When I finished season 5 through Prime, I went crazy trying to figure out how to watch what had already aired from season 6 and I ended up paying $5 total for a PBS/Thirteen membership to watch what I'd missed and then cancelled it once I was caught up. Now it looks like most of it is HERE.

• Options
    @labro - That's what we thought at first too. So we were all trying not to bug/rush them ;)
    @swazzle - We washed a shit-ton of fruit, salads for the week, made healthier breakfast tacos to freeze, and I made H oatmeal (it's a mix of oats, blended oats, non-dairy powdered creamer, and cinnamon. I left out the brown sugar). We still have to make dinner a few nights this week, but our goal is to make enough that we can heat up leftovers the second night.
    Dinners - grilled chicken and veggies, egg sandwiches with avocado, and lemon chicken with asparagus and broccolini.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @minskat30 - YAY! You got some awesome deals this weekend! Too bad they didn't have a dresser too. Did you hear back from anyone on CL?

• Options
    @swazzle - Have you tried these oatmeal breakfast cookies? They are awesome!
     http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/healthy-cookies.html

• Options
    @minskat30 Those are all great finds!!! I didn't think we would use our bottle warmer much but when we go on long trips in the car...it really came in handy!

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @minskat30 - YAY! You got some awesome deals this weekend! Too bad they didn't have a dresser too. Did you hear back from anyone on CL?
    Negative, nothing has panned out so far.  I'm still on the hunt though.  There is a great used piece that is both a changing table and a dresser (it is a baby piece) she is selling for $225 (I'm thinking I can offer $200 or a little less and she will take it because it is seriously bulky) but it won't fit in our car and the lady is selling it about an hour away.  I'm seriously tempted to take my BIL's truck when he comes up next weekend and get it if it is still for sale and I can talk her down.  If that doesn't pan out, I'm thinking of switching directions and buying a used changing table for cheap on Craigslist (hopefully no more than $30) or at another huge consignment sale coming up in mid-April (the largest in WI) and then finding a dresser that doesn't have to double as a changing table too (which will free up a BUNCH of options for me height wise on dressers).  I'm determined not to pay full price on that piece of furniture.  Things like a crib, car seat, bottles, and decorative stuff I really want, etc. I get buying new but a dresser just doesn't make economical sense to me to buy new, KWIM?
  • Options

@beachyone15 Your hair looks great!

@minskat30 I'll def be back after the appointment to let you all know! And fuck yea to those deals, I'm all about used/ discount/ hand me downs. Can wait to see your bathroom, almost done.

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @minskat30 awesome deals! I like your idea of getting a regular dresser, then it serves a purpose once a changing table is no longer needed.  Are there any facebook rummage sites for your area?  We have a bunch and people are always putting furniture on it. 

@twdimes I really like your bedding! I changed mine out too, but it was because it's getting warm so time to put the winter bedding away. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    @TwoDimes LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@minskat30 I'm so so so glad you guys made progress on your bathroom this weekend AND got some awesome deals! I wanna see a photo of this elephant rocker! It sounds precious!

• Options
    @minskat30 - I totally agree about buying new dressers. There are so many out there that people don't want anymore and I can't fathom paying full price for something like that. I really hope you find something reasonably priced and close to home soon! 

• Options
    @labro @eilis1228  I'll post a picture of the rocker tonight.  It is a little scuffed up but nothing a little love and paint can't fix.  :)

@speakeasy14 - I'm on the lookout for rummage sales too...they don't have a ton yet in WI because it is still crappy weather wise here.  I'm really looking forward to this April consignment sale though.  It is the largest in WI and I think I'm going to find some nice things there too.  I registered as a first time mom so I get to shop early too!  

@eilis1228 - Whooo hoo!!  Hopefully C25K goes well for you guys!  Let us know how the first day went. 
  • Options
    @eilis1228 OMG I want bottomless mimosas now!!!! I'm sorry you're not feeling well this morning. I woke up bloated too and I was like wtf?!? I did eat leftover pizza last night though...so that's probably the culprit.
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @labro i mean if you're already planning... you should also look into places up north

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Good luck with C25K! I hope the weather holds out for you guys! 

• Options
    @labro fair enough haha
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Mmmmm pizza is worth the bloat. 
    @Swazzle I hope the weather holds out too. The news stations make it seem like Dallas should build an ark though. 
    @labro H and I love looking at houses on Zillow, and we don't intend to buy for about 3 more years. We're house BSC too lol You guys plan to stay in the same area though, right? No big move to a new part of the country? 
    @minskat30 Will do! It may not be until Thursday or Friday though. 

Weather forecast this week:

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 Yep. This is 100% a local move like I think said last week. Our jobs haven't changed we just want to get all the $$$ out of our house while we can.

• Options
    @minskat30  @AlPacina  I swear people here are idiots during rush hour! A friend was saying how she almost got hit by an SUV yesterday ... guh!
  • Options
    @AlPacina Wow that couch is big! Perfect for snuggles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards