Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Second guessing my dress

Hey--really sorry if this turns in to a novel.

I hope this is just jitters. I bought my dress back in January for our August wedding. We are doing a rustic country wedding on my families cattle ranch. Barn reception, wearing my cowboy boots, etc. I picked a dress that is not the original style and shape I was after, but at the time I thought it was absolutely perfect. To show off my boots and cater to the casual vibe we are going for, I decided to turn my dress into a high low. (Note: I did try on several of the style I originally wanted, they just weren't what I thought they would be).

But now I am just hoping that the high low was not too risky of a move? let me point out that I am not an emotional person, so I never had that aha! moment when I knew this was the dress for me. There were no tears of joy (I wish there were, that wouldn't be been easy). I tried on probably 30 dresses total over the course of a couple weeks, and this is just the one that I couldn't stop thinking about. Out of everything I tried on, this was the winner. 

Now im just hoping that I didn't miss out on THE dress--maybe I should have tried on a few more? My dress is unique, and definitely not traditional, and that's what originally appealed to me. I just hope its not TOO much.

There is is time to find a second dress, but this one is already bought and weddings are expensive enough as it is. I'm just hoping I didn't make a mistake. I haven't seen the dress in over a month, so I've just forgotten what I really feel like wearing it. 

Thoughts? Ditch the dress and find something new? Or is the stress just getting to me? Not sure if I am looking for reassurance or honest advice, so just throw it at me straight. :)

Re: Second guessing my dress

• Options
    I think it's very pretty! Very soft and cloud-like (I mean that in a good way!). I think you should relax. You look great. :smile: 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Not to sway either way, because at the end of the day you should wear what makes you happy, but for my outdoor ceremony I was forewarned about wearing tulle. Every stick, branch, dirt, straw, etc will get stuck in it. 
  • Options
    That's a gorgeous dress! 
  • Options
    Cgss11--I was afraid of that. But, I felt like a satin dress just wouldn't fit in out there. I originally wanted lace, but I have sensitive skin and it irritated my arms just in the 10 minutes I wore it. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It just freaks me out that this is the only wedding dress I'll ever wear (best case scenario). It's not like prom where you get a chance every year!
  • Options
    I think that many brides have a moment of "what if" regarding their dress. I think it is a normal emotion but I wouldn't read into it. You could search for years and never find the absolute 'perfect' dress if that is not how you tend to feel about things. Trust your original buy! Looks lovely and I'm sure you will feel beautiful on your wedding day. 
  • Options
    I think it's very flattering and I love how it highlights your boots without being showy, costumey or tacky.

Wait until it comes in, try it on again and decide then.
  • Options
    Very flattering and VERY pretty!

I will say the spare set of hands freaked me out for a second until I figured out what was going on!
  • Options
    I totally had a time where I second-guessed my dress. I worried about the same things - should I have tried more styles, was this the best possible dress I could have chosen. But my best friend reminded me that all those months ago, I chose that dress for a reason. It made me feel beautiful. And she was right. By the time the wedding came, I was so excited to wear my dress. 
  • Options
    Dress is gorgeous nd very pretty! There is no reason to worry about!
  • Options
    I think I am going to go try it on again tonight to get those feelings back. I bought it off the rack, but the shop is storing it for me until it goes for alterations. 

Thanks ladies! I just overthink everything. 
  • Options
    I love the dress! It's very pretty!

I never had that AHA moment either. I know everyone says you should feel that and be moved to tears and yada yada yada, but I don't really think that's true. You should be happy and feel pretty, but there's no need for a "THIS IS IT" breakdown. :) 
  • Options
    I kept waiting for tears or that overwhelming feeling, but it just never happened. I woke up the next morning thinking about that dress. I think that's as close as I'll get. 
  • Options
    I think it's really pretty and the high-low cut will look great with cowboy boots! Like others said, I think everyone has "what if" moments for their dress. Should I have tried on more, etc. I didn't have the AHA moment either and break down into tears, but I felt like a beautiful bride and that's why I chose my dress.

Putting it back on might help ease your nerves too! My dress was estimated to take a few months to ship, but came in just a few weeks, leaving a gap of almost six months between trying it on when we received it, and putting it back on for alterations. I remember thinking, "Will I still love it??? What if I don't?" But of course I did. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards