Not Engaged Yet
Options

State your confessions here... (and UOs, IIs, I Judges)

I'm judging the shit out of people who don't like veggies. We aren't 5 years old anymore!

There's this thread on the Parenting board of TCF all about someone who wants to get her son a turtle for his birthday, or a fish. And people are suggesting all these different fish, and hermit crabs, and all I can think is this is a very very very terrible idea!!! I'm judging all of these people for their terrible ideas of what constitutes good care for these animals. Fish and turtles are actually really complicated!

I confess I didn't believe a word @MissKittyDanger was saying about that ridiculous sushi restaurant until I looked it all up myself.

I confess I really hate typing out long usernames so I can tag someone.

I judge anyone who thinks Ted Cruz is a good alternative to Donald Trump.

Your turn!!

Re: State your confessions here... (and UOs, IIs, I Judges)

• Options
    @labro  honestly I'm not surprised, we were pretty shocked when we saw it as well! I've been to sushi buffets and they only require extra if you take it home. I wouldn't have believed it if I heard someone else either!
  • Options
    I judge @labro for judging me ( I don't like many veggies.) I try different veggies every so often, cooked different ways, and with time in between since I know tastebuds change, and I still don't like them. I don't think that makes me a child.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @labro

I can't help what my taste buds like god dammit!

I'm judging H's cousin who just engaged. He's like 24 so not super young but I always think he's younger than he is. Him and his GF (FI now) moved out on their own a few months ago (actually maybe like a year ago now) and as soon as they did they each took out loans for brand new cars and then were being evicted from their apt because they couldn't pay rent. Now he's moving home, she's moving out of state to live with family and they're both finishing their degrees I guess. They obviously have no money but he just used his tax money to buy her a ring. I mean I wish them the best but WHY do you have to get engaged right this second?! I think it's really pointless and that tax money should go in the bank or towards debt. H was like how are they going to pay for a wedding? Personally I don't care if you have money for a big wedding- if you elope and can live on your own and take care of yourself then good for you. But they can't even do that. Just chill out for a bit. 

• Options
    Confession: I have a feeling I'm going to make an excuse to not workout tonight and be lazy.

Confession2: I kind of hate the idea of showers  - wedding showers/baby showers. I was just thinking about this because I was talking to my mom earlier about how my MIL wants to throw us a housewarming party when we get a house so we can get gifts because I refused a wedding shower??? I was like um only the homeowners (me and H) are allowed to invite people to our home for a party and I would never expect people to buy us stuff for that. She just wants us to get gifts from people so badly lol. 

• Options
    Confession: I judge people who hate on me for not eating red meat/bacon. I am just not a fan, I am not vegetarian. I have to be craving salt in order to eat bacon.

also .... I seriously worry about America {and you ladies of course!} if Trump wins :(
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Swazzle said:
    I agree with everything @labro posted except for the bit about pets because my first pet was a hermit crab named Sebastian and I was like 4 or 5 and I loved him so much and took GREAT care of him. Until he pinched my finger and I shook my hand back and forth so he'd let go and he went flying and I think he died. 

Plus 1 to everything else you said too. Except birds are kind of hilarious...I just hate them in person.

• Options
    II (but completely rational):  The mail system for my office is completely backwards.  We use fedex, but if we want to send anything we have to fill out a request form.  The mailroom then fills out the airbill and eventually gives you the tracking information.  If it's international omg... you have to fill out a request form, then bring it to one girl who verifies all the item and fills out an airbill as well as the required international documents, then you have to pick up the forms from her and bring everything to the warehouse (unsealed).  They make sure everything is accounted for and correct and then ship it.
  • Options
    @swazzle I don't like birds either....I think they're so gross even though I always laugh at them when they bob their heads lol.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @caseface5 I accept it, but some of things said around here the past week about not liking this and not liking that were pretty immature sounding to me to be completely honest. Also, it's not fun to judge someone for judging without tossing in some extra stuff!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @lavenderfields13 We had an open house bbq a couple months after we bought our house - very casual, no formal invitations or anything, and people STILL brought gifts. There's really no getting away from it although I agree with you on the housewarming business. Your mom shouldn't be hosting that for you.

• Options
    I co-sign the confession about Trump and the judging of @CocoBellaF

Confession: I have baby fever, but then I think about it and really don't want to have kids until I'm married, which then starts to lead to BSC thoughts. I handle them but it's like a vicious cycle that keeps coming back around.

Confession: I'm nervous for the Chicago GTG because I think I will be shy in that situation. I'm really hoping that's not the case because I would like to have IRL relationships with these girls, but I'm not good at making friends. 

friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @labro ugh fine

II: I got a new phone for work.  It irritates me that it is the Iphone 6 and not 6s so I can't take live action photos
  • Options
    @labro I fixed that! Just had to think of some things to write.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Confession: I have been researching housing prices in Canada lately. I'm outta here if we don't get a democratic president. In theory, anyway lol

When my best friend got engaged in Christmas Eve and sent me an Internet pic of "her" ring I judged her and I'm still judging her. 

I judge the Catholic Church after watching Spotlight. Shit makes me sick. 

II: I wish people would quit bugging me about biting my nails. I don't even notice that I do it, and I get SUPER annoyed when people tell me to stop it. I can't help it. It just gives me MORE generalized anxiety. It's irrational because they're right, and that doesn't change a thing.

UO: I don't like most vegetables. That doesn't mean I don't try new ones often, I do, but if something makes me gag I'm not gonna fuck with it anymore. And I can only think of probably five fruits I like, too. IDGAF.
  • Options
    @labro Yeah I think people would bring gifts anyways it's just that I would never host something like that EXPECTING gifts. My MIL (not my mom) just wants to find ways for people to give us shit and I'm like please stop. 

• Options
    Confession: I have been researching housing prices in Canada lately. I'm outta here if we don't get a democratic president. In theory, anyway lol

When my best friend got engaged in Christmas Eve and sent me an Internet pic of "her" ring I judged her and I'm still judging her. 

II: I wish people would quit bugging me about biting my nails. I don't even notice that I do it, and I get SUPER annoyed when people tell me to stop it. I can't help it. It just gives me MORE generalized anxiety. It's irrational because they're right, and that doesn't change a thing.

UO: I don't like most vegetables. That doesn't mean I don't try new ones often, I do, but if something makes me gag I'm not gonna fuck with it anymore. And I can only think of probably five fruits I like, too. IDGAF.
    I don't understand? 

• Options
    I judge the shit out a girl from high school "C" who made a stink on FB today about our other friend "R" inviting me to a HS thing and not her. We've been graduated for 10 years now and this broad is still jealous of our relationship. She used to pull this shit in HS all the time. 

R- Case want to come to the beach?
    Case- Sure! When?
    C- Thanks for the invite!!

It made sense then, but now that we've been out of school for 10 years and haven't seen each other for most of those ten years, I just don't get it. (R and I see each other often, just for clarification)
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 That sounds like a #FWP lol
  • Options
    Swazzle said:

I don't understand? 
    I was confused too. Like she didn't send a pic of her actual ring that she received but sent one she found online? Why?

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @untouchablets Why is it "her" ring? Of course it's her ring. Her FI gave it to her didn't he? My engagement ring is not OUR engagement ring. It's mine.

• Options
    @swazzle she sent me a pic like this

Not judging that she didn't have a ring yet, judging that she gave no explanation or context. I asked to see the ring and she ONLY sent that pic and I didn't hear from her for the rest of the night. I guess I should have gone into more detail. Sorry. 
  • Options
    @untouchablets - So, she said she was engaged, you asked to see the ring, she sent that pic? Just trying to get the gist of it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards