Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Incorporating family

I have a huge family I'm trying to incorporate into my wedding. I'm thinking of having my 2 brothers walk me down the aisle,  dance with my mom, and asking my step father to officiate.  I still have 2 step brothers we don't want to feel left out. My fiance already has 6 groomsmen where I only have 3 bridesmaids including his sister.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Incorporating family

• Just by being guests they'll be "honored" and "included."

Nor do you have to have even sides.
  • I'd ask them to stand on your side as part of the bridal party. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You could also have one or more present your rings at the appropriate time, or sign your marriage license as your witnesses. Perform a reading. Say a blessing prior to dinner, if that's something your family would normally do.
  • Will your stepfather be able to perform the ceremony without getting too emotional? Also if you want him to do that, make sure to start researching the process for your state immediately. I live in Ohio and my husband is in the process of becoming ordained. He got his official certificate online, now he has to submit his application and fee to the state. Once he gets that approved, he has to do an application for the county. It's not too expensive of an issue, about $100.00 in total, but it's going to take a few weeks for everything to be processed.

In regards to your brothers both walking you down the isle, will the isle you are going down be wide enough for both your brothers & you in your dress so that they won't be stepping on it? If you are setting it up yourself, you'll need to make sure it's wide enough for that. Your mom walking you down the isle is acceptable too.

Do you have any ushers or readers?

Make things easier for yourself, don't feel like everyone has to have a special responsibility for the day. You can get them each flowers, make sure to have some great family photos done and just enjoy their company. Just make sure all the brothers get invited to any wedding activities like the bachelor party (if FI is ok with them being there) or anything else.

• Erikan73 said:

Will your stepfather be able to perform the ceremony without getting too emotional? Also if you want him to do that, make sure to start researching the process for your state immediately. I live in Ohio and my husband is in the process of becoming ordained. He got his official certificate online, now he has to submit his application and fee to the state. Once he gets that approved, he has to do an application for the county. It's not too expensive of an issue, about $100.00 in total, but it's going to take a few weeks for everything to be processed.

In regards to your brothers both walking you down the isle, will the isle you are going down be wide enough for both your brothers & you in your dress so that they won't be stepping on it? If you are setting it up yourself, you'll need to make sure it's wide enough for that. Your mom walking you down the isle is acceptable too.

Do you have any ushers or readers?

Make things easier for yourself, don't feel like everyone has to have a special responsibility for the day. You can get them each flowers, make sure to have some great family photos done and just enjoy their company. Just make sure all the brothers get invited to any wedding activities like the bachelor party (if FI is ok with them being there) or anything else.

Erikan, the word is AISLE.  An isle is an island, an aisle is what a bride walks down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards