New Jersey
Options

Monmouth/Ocean County Venues

My FI and I have narrowed down a couple venues we'd like to look at for Summer 2017. My parents live in Middletown and my grandparents and other members of my family spend the summer in Ocean Grove, so we'd like to have our wedding in the vicinity/not much more than an hour's drive. 

I'd love feedback on any of the following and/or suggestions on places we could add to our list: 

-Jumping Brook CC (my dad is a member, so this is a strong contender) 
-The English Manor
-The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
-The Oyster Point Hotel
-Eagle Oaks

For headcount and price, we're looking at around 120-150 people and would like to spend less than $150pp if possible.

Thanks all! 

Re: Monmouth/Ocean County Venues

• Options
    FI and I LOVED the Mill at Spring Lake Heights and they have a package that's in your budget (pricing includes gratuities/service charge), but there was no way we would be able to meet their minimum headcount. They won't budge below 150 for an evening wedding in the summer, but we loved the facility; the area they use for daytime/afternoon weddings is beautiful and adjoins a deck that overlooks the lake. If you're interested in them, they book really quickly, we were there last September and they were already out of Saturday nights for 2016 and booking well into 2017. 

We looked at Oyster Point and they were a little over your price point and at the higher end of your guest list minimum, but beautiful facility. 

Doolan's is also in that area and within your budget and can accommodate your guest list, but they completely turned us off when we visited. There was a wedding going on at the time and they walked us right through their cocktail hour and their pictures. 

Season's and the Breakers should also be in your budget!

Good luck! 

• Options
    I am in the process of planning a wedding and looked at many of the places on your list! I would add Clarks Landing in Point Pleasant. Most beautiful room I have ever been in. They were really great to work with and, although the price wound up being a little high for our budget, would probably fit right in yours. 

I would add the Molly Pitcher to your list. Also beautiful, with the ability to have cocktail hour/ceremony outside if the weather permits. 

We booked at the Channel Club in Monmouth Beach, which (obviously) I would also suggest you look. They are great to work with, letting us customize a lot of things and being mindful of the budget we need to stay within.

In my personal opinion, I would cross English Manor off my list. The woman who gave us the tour and what they were offering for the same price as a lot of other places wasn't great. We're getting married in March so outside wasn't an option and the inside space is small. For the summer, if you could do cocktail hour outside, you might be ok.

Happy Planning!
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions @Wanderlust543! Did you mean the Seasons in Washington Twp? 
  • Options
    Oops, sorry, got venues mixed up! I meant Branches Catering in Long Branch.  Check out some of the wineries in the area too, if you're looking for outdoor spaces, they have some beautiful ones, and many offer beer and hard alcohol in addition to their wines! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards