Chit Chat

Self invited guest

I have a stressful situation that has sort of fallen into my lap. I'm newly engaged, planning for a May 2017 wedding. I'm friends with a co-worker and she has not only invited herself to my wedding but also dress shopping. She is not related to myself or my fiancé, she is not a close friend, she is not in the wedding party and I didn't even plan on inviting her to the wedding! (I'm having a very small wedding) now this girl, she's been engaged a few times and never made it down the alter. I hope she's not looking to live vicariously through my experiences. My question is, has anyone else dealt with this? I'm sort of crowd sourcing advice. She's not the type you can let down easy and I still have to work with the girl when all is said and done. There are actually a few people who I'm worried would want to come to my wedding and make a fool of themselves so I'm having to look for secured venues and destination wedding ideas. Such a hassle!

Re: Self invited guest

• I agree with the other PPs.  Don't let this stress you out.  She can want to come all she wants, there is nothing wrong with using some of the phrases above to nicely let her know she isn't being invited.  It sounds like she might be persistent about it.  That's okay too, just keep repeating back to her "unfortunately, we're not able to invite everyone we'd like", "keeping the guest list small", etc.

And the same goes for anyone else who asks/assumes they are being invited to your wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards