Wedding Woes
Options

Double bonus, because I have lost my eyebrows...

Q. 8.5: I’ve been with my boyfriend for about six months. He’s been wonderful with my 4-year-old son (who has started calling him daddy!), and we recently started living together. The problem is he just told me he considers me only an 8.5 on the hotness scale and doesn’t think our sex life the best he’s ever had but that he’s happy to settle based on the whole package. I think we’re very well-matched (hotness-wise), but I don’t compare him to other men in that way. I’ve also tried to improve our sex life, without much luck. My question is: How should I feel about his revelation? Do I deserve more from a partner, in terms of feeling sexy and loved? Or should I stick with it for the sake of my son?

Re: Double bonus, because I have lost my eyebrows...

• Options
    Yeah, the "happy to settle" would have been his ticket out the door.  I know I'm not a 10 and wouldn't necessarily be upset if DH said that, although it would depend on the context.  But, you should never stay with someone that says they are "settling" for you.  Because at some point they will get sick of settling or find something more suited to their tastes and move on. DH isn't the "perfect guy", but I have never felt like I'm settling by being with him. 

And the 4-year old calling him daddy after 6-months is definitely concerning.

• Options
    I'm all about being honest but FFS this sounds awful. 
  • Options

• Options
    So many red flags. Im gonna be honest too; I try not to judge single parents, but the fact that it's been six months, they live together, and the kid calls him "daddy" is really troubling. 

What was Prudie's response? 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    So many red flags. Im gonna be honest too; I try not to judge single parents, but the fact that it's been six months, they live together, and the kid calls him "daddy" is really troubling. 

What was Prudie's response? 
    I'm wondering this too - yea - that's a "Here's your red hot (garbage) bags of stuff" with the locks changed...  What an @$$...
  • Options
    There are a lot of good reasons to marry a man.  "Hotness" is not one of them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    He told her she's "an 8.5"  HE FUCKING SAID THAT OUT LOUD???!!! 

Well shit, all my BF does is tell me I'm beautiful, and sexy. Looks liked he failed by not giving me my actual rating. 

ETA: SHE has tried to improve their sex life HE hasn't 

• Options
    Run don't walk away from this guy!
  • Options
    I get what you all are saying but just wondering if this was  case of her badgering him to "rate" her. The thought of sticking with him for the sake of her son makes me think she might be imamture enough to do that. Or maybe hes freaked out by the move-in/daddy thing after only 6 months? 

• Options
    What a douche. Fuck him.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Our sex life isn't the best I've ever had...oh ok, then you won't mind me telling you to fuck yourself

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards