Wedding Etiquette Forum

Signing papers, can I celebrate?

2»

Re: Signing papers, can I celebrate?

• @lc07   @charlotte989875 You are 100% correct. Thank you, it's so new to me that I wasn't exactly sure how it went but I knew, signing at the clerk's wasn't the legal marriage, but I just confirmed it trough you. 

I'm not getting married at church, in any case its a celebration/thanksgiving. If it can't be done with sining our part, maybe the witness (like my mom who would also be at the ceremony for the officiant to validate it) anyhow my question was and I quote "would that be wrong? would it make my wedding day any less real?"

I clearly see how it can be wrong. My mom just came with that solution to make me feel better since I do wish everyone could be involved but it's simply not possible. I thank all of you who answered kindly without asking my motives, or telling me that I should have thought about it from the begging, or reminding me that signing the papers is the wedding day (not in California). 

would it make my wedding day any less real? I guess that depends on how I go by this, since some of you are as helpful as a white crayon.

So long and thanks for all the fish.  
    You are not a fucking dolphin.  Stop with the mis-applied nerd references.
  • You could sponsor a little something at the church in your honor as a married couple after your wedding or host a light brunch with bagels and coffee post church on a Sunday. I still like the bit about the wedding advice. Put out some pens and papers and you could put the advice in a special box or scrapbook! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards