Chit Chat

Favorite Things

2»

Re: Favorite Things

• @thefanciestbeckler Yes! My pup is a pit/hound mix, and he also thinks he is a lap dog. He is the sweetest dog ever - he wants to be friends with everyone and has very little respect for personal space. I joke that he would be the worst guard dog... I am pretty sure if someone broke into our house, Monty would just be excited for a new friend :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Also in the PNW! I've already started my garden. I put in the starters from the tilth fair in this week (we cover them at night) and my house is covered in pots of starters I did myself.  So excited for my garden this year. 
    Started my garden last week! It's only tiny but city living means I've gone without one for 10yrs and it is so theraputic! What do you guys plant? I planted chillies, chives, spinach and spring onions this year. I'm sure they won't come to much but I want to give it a go. Our next door neighbours are in their 90's so I was thinking of doing theirs for them too as I'm enjoying it so much and both of them together are so small it won't be that big a job.
    After taking the photo I posted on here, I went home last night and put a bunch of starts in two of our raised beds... Kale, beets (I love homegrown beets!), broccoli, peas, onions, garlic, chives, and some other herbs. While turning the soil, I found a ton of pepper pods from last year, as well as some tomatillo husks. I have a feeling we will end up with a variety of "volunteer" peppers, tomatillos, and tomatoes.

@glasgowtolondon we also rent a tiny house, but it's on a big lot. When we moved in, there were overgrown blackberry bushes all over. It took us a couple of months to dig them out and build raised beds, but it was totally worth it! There is something about planting your own food and watching it grow that is sooo satisfying!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well @madamerwin, we are officially dog twins. That's exactly how my girls are. They'd kiss someone to death before they'd bite anybody. :lol: 

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    These 2 are definitely on my favorite things list:

Also, drinking wine and binging on Netflix or HGTV.
    The feeling of getting into a swimming pool after I've been laying out.
    The smell of new tires, new car, or new carpet (very similar smells to me)
    DH's laugh when he thinks something is REALLY funny. It is contagious.
    Taking my bra off literally as soon as I get home from work, and then putting one of DH's shirts on.
    @thefanciestbeckler I do the same thing as soon as I get home, BF loves it when I wander around braless in one of his button down shirts, and I find them super comfortable.  Everyone wins.

• I forgot to add my most favoritist thing.  Cuddling with my FI.  Being 6'0 and still concidered the "little spoon". 

• I normally would say good beer and wine, right now I'm loving Sprite.

Our dogs and kitty.

Having absolutely nothing to do all day and just being lazy at home with DH.

• emmaaa said:
    I normally would say good beer and wine, right now I'm loving Sprite.

Our dogs and kitty.

STUCK

I was just thinking this. H and I are all moved into our new house, we deep cleaned and I'm cleaning more regularly to keep it up. Saturday we had our first party and it went really well. Sunday I cleaned up after the party and just laid around. It was so nice to just sit around and watch TV with nothing to do and not a care in the world in a nice clean house with everything in its place.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • emmaaa said:

Our dogs and kitty.

STUCK

I was just thinking this. H and I are all moved into our new house, we deep cleaned and I'm cleaning more regularly to keep it up. Saturday we had our first party and it went really well. Sunday I cleaned up after the party and just laid around. It was so nice to just sit around and watch TV with nothing to do and not a care in the world in a nice clean house with everything in its place.

YES! Being able to just do nothing in a clean house just makes me feel SO happy. I wish my house would stay clean all the time (without me having to clean it HAHA!).

• emmaaa said:

Our dogs and kitty.

STUCK

Congrats, @shesSoCold!  If you posted about the move, I'm sorry I missed it!

• emmaaa said:

Our dogs and kitty.

STUCK

Congrats, @shesSoCold!  If you posted about the move, I'm sorry I missed it!

Thanks!! I've mentioned that we found our house but never dedicated a post to it. We've been in it three weeks and love it! SO HAPPY everything is over!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Margaritas - no salt fruity umbrella drinks cuddling with DH holding hands with DH - he has these amazing big hands and mine just gets covered with it - and it stays warm. Fresh sheets A clean house cuddling with my kitty, Nermal, at night. I go upstairs at night to watch tv and he lays on my chest and just melts into me. Snowy/rainy Sundays where I can stay home and watch TV - I still love Harry Potter marathons.
  • kmmssg said:
    Margaritas - no salt fruity umbrella drinks cuddling with DH holding hands with DH - he has these amazing big hands and mine just gets covered with it - and it stays warm. Fresh sheets A clean house cuddling with my kitty, Nermal, at night. I go upstairs at night to watch tv and he lays on my chest and just melts into me. Snowy/rainy Sundays where I can stay home and watch TV - I still love Harry Potter marathons.
    OMG, I absolutely LOVE that you have a cat named Nermal! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kmmssg said:
    Margaritas - no salt fruity umbrella drinks cuddling with DH holding hands with DH - he has these amazing big hands and mine just gets covered with it - and it stays warm. Fresh sheets A clean house cuddling with my kitty, Nermal, at night. I go upstairs at night to watch tv and he lays on my chest and just melts into me. Snowy/rainy Sundays where I can stay home and watch TV - I still love Harry Potter marathons.
    OMG, I absolutely LOVE that you have a cat named Nermal! 
    When we got him we had an older cat, Meathead. We decided that we needed to bring another cat into the family and Meathead could teach him the ropes. We also knew Meathead probably wouldn't be happy about the situation for awhile. DH came up with Nermal because he figured Meathead would think of him like Garfield thinks of his nephew Nermal. He was right, but they eventually became buds.
  • the smell of burning rubber at the races and race fuel. my FI laundry detergent, the smell of gain apple mango tango (okay maybe i just like the name).
    going to car shows, spending time with my FI and taking our husky for walks.
  • I'm a week ahead on grad school assignments. I have the week off of work and haven't gone into my classroom once (yet)!! I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow. Being ahead of schedule and having time to relax are all of my favorite things!!
  • I'm a week ahead on grad school assignments. I have the week off of work and haven't gone into my classroom once (yet)!! I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow. Being ahead of schedule and having time to relax are all of my favorite things!!
    You sound like me.  I have a paper ready to hand in today that isn't due until Friday next week.  Not sure if I should send it in now or wait till the end of this weekend.  Is it too early??  My other project just needs editing, so all the rising I had planned to do this week was finished last weekend.  Had a massage today too.  :D  It's been a good spring break so far

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards