New Jersey

Transportation Question

Fellow NJ brides-to-be:

Are you (or would you, if you were in this situation) provide transportation for guests staying at a hotel where you have your room block, so they could get to/from your wedding? Ceremony and reception are at the venue, hotel is about 10 minutes away. The hotel does not provide shuttle service!

Trying to figure out our transportation...

The bridal party will be getting ready at the hotel (bride with the girls in 1 room, groom with the guys in another room). At 3pm when we're ready, we need a car to pick us girls up to go from hotel to the venue, then go back and get the groom/guys from hotel to the venue. Then we are doing first look and ceremony will be at the venue. We have a room block for guests at a nearby hotel where we'll also be staying that night. Do we hire a shuttle/car service to get guests who are staying at the hotel from hotel to the venue at 6pm? ***HOTEL DOES NOT PROVIDE SHUTTLE SERVICE*** Or do we just have people uber/figure out a way to get there on their own, and then offer a party bus/limo to get everyone back to the hotel after the reception ends?

Help!! :)

Re: Transportation Question

• As a nice gesture, you could always provide a shuttle if the hotel doesn't offer it, but its not a must.  I will say this, as a guest I'd rather drive than pay for an uber, as you shouldn't expect your guests to dish out money for your wedding.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with PP that it's definitely a nice gesture if you have room in the budget, but not required. I'm looking into transportation now too, and the companies I've looked at start at around $400 + gratuity for the driver, and many will discount if you book multiple services or price match. 

One of my co-workers also told me that he and his Fiance set up something with a promo code from Uber for their guests, it basically covered the ride from venue to hotel.

When FSIL got married, they arranged for a line of cabs to be waiting outside the venue at the end of the reception. The guests paid for their own rides in this case though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards