Not Engaged Yet

Marvelous Monday

Re: Marvelous Monday

• @PamBeesly524  where abouts do you live? I'm all about that maple syrup tasting, especially because it sounds authentic! :)

@hummingbird125 yay boy! :)

Disappointing news to start our Monday, Matt didn't make cut for interviews. *boooo* Slight good news is that the recruiter likes him and wants to continue working with him, so something else could come soon! Maybe it'll be better. I'm just going to continue thinking this was a "too good to be true" kinda deal and be glad we weren't hoping every thing on this!

Weekend wasn't too busy. Saturday we ended up changing plans because the bday party we were suppose to go to got changed around too much, so I told my friend we'd hang out with her at a later date. She understood cuz she knew after her party we were going to another friend's place.
    So we just went to our friend's place, and the plan was for a fire but it was just too cold and the wood was just too wet to keep a good fire going.
    Didn't get home until late.

Sunday again, not much. Lounged around until about 4ish and went to dinner. Since getting married, we didn't plan on doing anything for our dating anniversary any more but we felt 5yrs was a milestone to at least go for a nice dinner. So full afterwards! I always regret getting an appetizer but couldn't resist lol

I have been sleeping like absolute crap lately and I'm thinking stress, but idk what I'm stressing over! Guh.

What foods are you planning to eat today? 
    Breakfast: Cranberry lemon muffin
    Lunch: Clam chowder
    Dinner: stirfry
    Snacks: maybe another muffin or some nuts.

Favorite alcoholic beverage?
    I'm a sucker for fruity drinks lol

Favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
    Hmm .... depends on what i'm in the mood for.

Favorite kind of cake? 
    Vanilla chocolate. Either vanilla cake with chocolate icing or opposite.

Favorite kind of cookie?
    Either chocolate chunk or oreo double stuff

Would you prefer to give up dessert, booze, or pasta?
    I'm not a big drinker anymore, so I'll give up booze.
  • @swazzle that's true a lot of people need the sound to sleep. I could never sleep with one, I need total silence. Even a ticking clock will keep me up for hours.

@misskittydanger aw sorry Matt didn't get the interview.

•   @lavenderfields13 I can't believe how bad that massage was!  The worst massage I have ever had was at a place I had a groupon with.  The woman was in over her head and overbooked appointments.  She ended up booking two other people the same time as my friend and I (she was the only one working).  The other people flipped out and demanded a refund.  We felt bad and said we wanted to keep our appointment.  The massage itself was great, and she even added in a bunch of extras, but the entire time she was crying, and I kept feeling tear drops all over my back. 

I've discovered a new monthly delivery service.  Book of the month.  Still reading about it, but it sounds like every month you get a book based off their selection. 
  • @cu97tiger I totally know what you mean but you have to think there are thousands and thousands of people doing this competition and there is no way I would expect myself to be anywhere near the top. I consider myself to be a strong competitor for my box but I can't compare myself to the world.

You are strong athlete and are putting forth all the effort you can into these workouts and that's what matters. Just keeping working your ass off! You're doing great!

@minskat30 Yes! It's been awful. She really likes frozen things like freezing her toys or wash cloths...I haven't found any of the "meds" to help yet. We have tried gel, tablets, etc...and she is just very irritated. The more she chews the better she feels. I let her chew on a wooden spoon yesterday and she was so happy. Whatever works. When it comes to sleeping though....we just have to tough through it...it won't get better until these teeth come through.
  • Forgot the questions...

What foods are you planning to eat today?

-Hardboiled egg with potatoes this morning, banana and apple for a snack, salad with chicken for lunch, dinner of black beans, quinoa and chicken.  And jelly beans. 

Favorite alcoholic beverage?

-Oh man, white wine or lemon drop martinis.  I missed wine SO BAD this weekend for some reason.  I'm almost 29 weeks into this pregnancy and I think this weekend was one of the worst with missing a glass of wine.  I feel strongly about not drinking though during my pregnancy (no judgment here for others who don't) so 11 weeks or more to go I guess.

Favorite non-alcoholic beverage?

-Sparkling water.

Favorite kind of cake? 

-Gluten free chocolate (especially German chocolate). 

Favorite kind of cookie?

-Chocolate chip or snicker-doodle but I don't discriminate.  

Would you prefer to give up dessert, booze, or pasta?

-I could live without pasta.
  • @beachyone15 Congrats! That must be an awesome feeling!

@minskat30 wtf to the electrician!!? How freaking unprofessional! I really hope all your remodeling is done soon so you don't have to deal with crappy, flaky contractors anymore.
  • @minskat30 - I saw your bedding at BRU and I loved it.  I'm glad you're going with that.

And this is flooring we went with: LINK

• @speakeasy14 - Yet another reminder not to use BIL's contacts.  I called my BIL and my BIL in turn called the electrician to yell at him but that doesn't mean he came out to do the job (nor should he have hung over I guess). Sigh, it will get done soon...I pray.

@cocobellaf - Pretty flooring!!!  I can't wait to see the before and after!
  • @jenna8984  Thanks. I think he's more disappointed but trying to look at the positives that he still has a job and the recruiter likes him 
  • @MissKittyDanger that sucks he didn't get an interview, but at least he knows he has potential to be making more and the recruiter is still looking around for him.

@minskat30 haha alien baby movements are awesome to watch.  Emmy was nonstop on Saturday.  I think she was doing yoga because she kept pushing her butt out and her feet into my sisters ribs. 
  • @MissKittyDanger Sorry this job didn't work out for Matt but I hope something better comes along.

@Hummingbird125 I think I'd like to keep the name a secret too. H and I NEVER agree on boy names for possible future kids and he doesn't like my girl names either lately. I always tell him I'll get the final say since the baby will be coming out of my body  ;)

@southernpeach89 Did you ever end up ordering an amber necklace/bracelet/anklet for Callie?

• PSA: North Face is on HauteLook today.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lavenderfields13 Yes but it's not really making much of a difference unfortunately. She is also annoyed by it, she keeps wanting to take it off lol so we aren't using it much as well.
  • @Hummingbird125 Barely any- maybe like 3 or 4 inches? But that's just in the yard. The street is completely clear!
    @beachyone15 Love the painting, such pretty colors! Paying off the debt must feel so good!
    @minskat30 The glider looks so cozy! Rajah looks cozy too lol

Can't decide if I should go get my nails done today or if I should just take them off at home. I'm at that point where I'm just sick of going and keeping up professional nails and just want to do them myself or leave them unpolished (the horror). Biggest problem of my day so far lol
  • @minskat30 - I just adore your elephant theme. It's seriously the cutest!!!

@eilis1228 - I say spend that giftcard! There will always be more responsible things to do with it, but where's the fun in that? ;)

@500days - I know what you mean. I like to get gel nails, but then always end up peeling them off myself because I don't want to pay more to have them removed. My nails are usually bare, but my toes are always polished!

• @eilis1228 - I say buy the flats because you need them and then think about the necklaces.  ;)  I'm an enabler when it comes to shopping though.  

@500days - That is a first world problem.  ;)  My nails are crap.  I haven't done them in about 5 months.  
  • @eilis1228 eh I think winter is done.  No complaints here, I'm a tropical fish.  Why don't you look on charming charlie for necklaces?  
  • @speakeasy14 I'm highly allergic to nickel, and Charming Charlie jewelry usually irritates my skin. :( For some reason Ann Taylor/LOFT doesn't, so maybe they have less nickel or a thicker coating of something on top of the nickel? 

@minskat30 That's what I'm thinking too. My current pair of black flats are starting to fall apart, so I probably need to prioritize new shoes. 

@beachyone15 hahah I know, right? I feel the same way, but then I start thinking I should save the gift card for something more responsible. It's totally silly and definitely a first world problem. 

@500days I'm the same way right now with my nails. I've opted to just leave them unpolished for a while, but I vote that you spend your day off pampering yourself a bit with a gel mani :) 

• @minskat30  love the room! And Raj looks great in that scarf ;)
  • @eilis1228 gotcha. I don't wear anything fake for the same reason.  I vote shoes. And you should probably just get two pairs ;-)
  • @minskat30 - I looooove that glider! And the quilt is super pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards