Chit Chat

How do you feel about your state's selection?

2»

Re: How do you feel about your state's selection?

• emmaaa said:
    kvruns said:
    emmaaa said:
    Points to the author for delineating the two types of NC sauces. H grew up with the eastern (vinegar) stuff, so it's his favorite, but I hate it and love the sweet tomato sauce on my bbq.
    This. DH and I are both from and live in central NC so we like both. But if I'm looking for a good, classic BBQ, then I want the Eastern sauce.

I had no idea there were 2 different kinds, whenever I hear Carolina BBQ I think of the vinegar stuff which I don't like.
    It's a big debate in NC, lol. I like the sweet tomatoe-y sauce too but more in the winter time.
    I spent a lot of time with my German grandmother growing up, so I could drink vinegar by the glass.  I was so excited when I spent 10 days in Greeneville, NC and tried a vinegar based BBQ sauce!  I ask now before ordering which style of sauce it is.
  • I didn't realize the pork tenderloin was such an Iowa thing, but I do love a good tenderloin. I don't think I've ever had one quite as big as the one in the photo, though. Almost! I agree with the choice!
  • I will agree with the CT pizza because I love pizza and New Haven pizza is delicious.  As a current MA resident the chowder is good but we have way better cuisine than that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New Haven pizza is the best.   I would LOVE a white clam right now.   

And a hot buttered lobster roll would be great as well.  
  • MA born and raised and was expecting lobster roll (so perfect for Maine though), chowder, or boston cream pie. Cool with chowder. Chowder is awesome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• VA - Virginia ham, YES. We also call it country ham. Salty and tasty... it's the best with spicy mustard on a White House roll!

Also on the BBQ debate, I am firmly in the Carolina vinegar camp. #Vinegar2016
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards