New York-Long Island
Options

Wedding Center in Commack

Hey All,

Does anyone have any experience with Wedding Center in Commack?  I went there to look for a dress, I didn't find one but while I was there they kept talking up their flowers, limos, DJ etc-all which seemed really cheap.  Has anyone heard anything negative or positive about their flowers or limos?  I have other people in mind for DJ and photos already. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

~Heather

Re: Wedding Center in Commack

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't do it, first of their florist says just bring in a picture and I will copy it not ideal, secondly their packages are not what they seem go online and look up review their are over 18 of them and none of them are positive plus the bbb has had complaints about them and that always sends up a red flag.  If you have a stop and shop by you and you want inexpensive flowers they might be the way to go. They have lovely stuff work within budget and will deliver.  As for photos that is so personal and I have appointments but haven't really sat down and decided so that I can not help you with. Good luck in your search. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    STAY AWAY!!!  They are extremely pushy and I don't know about anyone else but I felt dirty when i walked in.  There are no windows it almost feels like there's something illegal going on there.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    harmonieharmonie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I definitely wouldn't recommend using them at all!!! I have been in there a couple times because I live really close and everytime I went in there it took foreva for someone to even talk to me to see what I was looking for.  One time I went in there looking for a veil and the woman couldn't answer any of my questions, she had to take down my information and call me back with the answers and that was two days later.   Although they have really good prices I think its because their work is not that good, some of the deals almost seem too good to be true and its probably because they aren't!

• Options
    revived86revived86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't be that quick to write off the Wedding Center.

I got my dress, slip, veil and invitations there, and I may use the limo company- it's called Mark of Elegance- it's not really part of the Wedding Center but I guess they work together. Although I certainly understand some of the things the other posters have mentioned (they can be quite pushy, it is not the nicest building, and you don't always get great customer service,) I have had some good experiences with them as well

I worked with Helene for all my attire- she is wonderful and hilarious. Amy helped us with our invitations- she wasn't supernice but she did a good job clearing things up for us when the invite company, Birchcraft, messed up some of our order. As far as flowers though, I think they only do silk...? I'm not a fan of that so I didn't really consider them. i'd agree with msfarge's recommendation of stop n shop- i've looked into them and i'm pretty sure I'm going to use them, they have a great selection and are super affordable.

Anyways, I would recommend that you at least check out the Wedding Center- there's def not doubt they are one of the most affordable wedding stores on the island, so it's worth a try, and if you get a bad vibe, you can just forget about it and leave!

Good luck in your planning!

~Lisa

Photobucket
  • Options
    taraw413taraw413 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had gone to wedding center and hated the place!  Stay away!!!  First of all they don't take appointments ( which is strange) and when I went in there to discuss packages, we were waiting almost an hour because of that.  When talking with the man all he did was go on and on about how wonderful they are when all we wanted was for him to get to the point and give us the bottom line.  Also when we were there looking at gowns we got half ass help and ended up getting a girl from the bridesmaid department who knew nothing about the bridal gowns!  So we ended up going to wedding world (similar name and also in commack)  and were very pleased with them.  Such a completely different experience than wedding center.  Everyone was so kind there and it has just been a pleasant experience.  It's also great that whenever you need to come and do anything they call you, it's like having a wedding planner.  I definitely reccommend wedding world to everyone
  • Options
    prttypancakeprttypancake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress for my sister's wedding there. We had been to what felt like EVERY store on the island trying to find something appropriate that my mom would feel comfortable in, with no luck. When we walked in to wedding center, we told them what we were basically looking for and the two women who were helping us pulled out 4 dresses that were PERFECT! we had such a hard time deciding between them. While the lack of appointments and the alterations dept in the other bulidng were HORRIBLE!!! Unfortunately I think it just depends what mood the women are in when you walk in the door.
  • Options
    Jacklyns22Jacklyns22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hahah I went in there to take a look at invitations (before I decided to make them myself)... My mom and I left hystericaly laughing.  The guy was trying to push their video and photo packages saying the shots are Crystal Clear! Nice with all the great affordable digital cameras out there my ten-year-old cousin could make the same claim!

Ditto on the building, definitely not nice.... I felt like it was dirty and eveyrthing inside was pretty dusty.  But to each their own...I'm sure if you look you can find a good deal with some things.

• Options
    rikachikarikachika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    please note there is a wedding Center and Wedding World = Helen's is in Wedding World and they were wonderful to ne amd my roommate who found her dress there.

wedding center - i have heard not so nice things but have never been there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards