Wedding Woes
Options

remove levioosa, drunkenwitch, glasgowtolondon

Re: remove levioosa, drunkenwitch, glasgowtolondon

• Options
    I answered you on the Photo board. If you do post on multiple boards be sure to put "XP" in the subject line so people know you have cross-posted. 

• Options
    Anyway... 10 person wedding*, not 10 people wedding.

You should have looked at his entire portfolio before picking a photographer. Oh, and reviews also help.

I have several friends who are professional photographers and have extensive portfolios and great reviews. You'll get little sympathy from me. Sorry.

• Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    I've read all of your cross posts and at this point, I'm with @thefanciestbeckler that this sounds like a lack of planning and research. 

Did you not provide your photographer with a timeline for your day, did you not discuss what shots are important to you, did you not discuss style or locations or hours present or timeline and expectations?  It seems to me, as a professional who works with digital images you would have been very picky and detailed in what you wanted. 

I'm glad you finally got all of your photos back. Do you know if FBIL has a more expensive photograph package scheduled than yours?  I only ask because his focus on him not only during the day but in the process after is just damn creepy!

Lurkers...this is why so many people oppose unplugged weddings. Thankfully OP didn't and had other photos to fall back on. 
    This.

OP, I need a little more information. If all the things @kimmiinthemitten listed WERE done in advance, why didn't you just reference the timeline, locations, and important shots that you came up with ahead of time? Did you do that and he ignored you?

• Options
    Why would your photographer have to tell people to get dressed? 
  • Options

In your OP your last words were:

"He never told any of us what to do when? He just kept yelling at us and bullying?"

I don't understand this at all.

Lurkers, make a shot list and a timeline (for participants and vendors since your MOH had to be told to get dressed). Personally I tell brides to use first names ("Tiffany, Ed, Jane, Jeff, Nicky Halie" instead of "Bride, groom, siblings and siblings spouses")

• Options
    What does your contract say?  If it doesn't specify if he has to retouch, then maybe he only did the ones of your BIL as a form of promoting his business.  But I'm not sure what recourse you'd have if it doesn't spell out the post-processing of the photos.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    THESE PEOPLE ARE BULLIES.
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Never mind. I'm gonna get warned if I'm not careful.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    THESE PEOPLE ARE BULLIES.
  • Options
    Well, aren't you a peach. 

• Options
    I don't think anyone is trying to argue that this guy is Annie Leibovitz reincarnated, but if you were unhappy with the quality of service as it was happening, hell yeah you should have jumped in and said something, art directed, asked someone to stand behind him and be a second eye. 

Do do you eat the cold soup when a server brings it to your table and refuse to tip or asking for a cup of hot f*****g soup?!

What exactly did you come here and post multiple times for?  You got shitty service, sat by and watched it happen without speaking out, and possibly had a contract violation.  You're 37 and a professional; figure it out!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    Levi, you should sign off and go find something more valuable to do with your time. Repasting the post .. not sure where you were going with that one. If your on here just trolling the boards then stop wasting peoples time who are seeking advice. Your probably 13, home from school, and catfishing people. Now.. off with you please.
    Hmmm, or maybe she can do whatever the fuck she wants. After all @levioosa actually contributes to the discussion on this forum. She isn't coming here just to post a vent about something that actually was fine once you put on your big girl panties and actually held the photographer accountable. I guess I don't get why you think we all need/give a shit about an update to how it all worked out. I doubt any of us were on the edge of our seat.

• Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    Cue "well that escalated quickly" GIF. 
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55 my report button is not working.....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    Bye! Enjoy your wedding photos  :)

Thanks for writing on my wall too. You marketing directors sure do know how to keep it classy.

• Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    We were bullies? Riiiiiigggghhhhhttttt
  • Options
    edited March 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards