Wedding Woes

Wednesday

The kiddo is off with my parents for a day trip to the Corvette museum/factory. 

DefConn's 5 year appt is today.  I hope DH can leave work to come with us.  I really don't want to do shots with him alone.  I can handle it, but having DH there will be so much better. 

I am ready for the weekend already...even though I just had a 3.5 day weekend. 

Re: Wednesday

• Hi everyone. You might remember me as ThxSugar but I got a new phone, tried to reset my password and weirdness ensued. Finally, I just made a new profile, thinking I would use it to comment on the tech help page (I now realize I could have done it differently) but there is a 2 day rule for commenting. I am over it so I am just going to roll with this one.

@ILoveBeachMusic  I am sorry to hear of your family's loss. How are you doing?

@TheFanciestBeckler have you heard about your job yet?

@ChelleJayne Congrats and happy house hunting!!

My weekend was grand. FH was supposed to leave sunday for a job interview in the UK but there were some scheduling conflicts and he was home alllll weekend. It was the first weekend to ourselves since the end of February and we didn't do damn thing. It was so nice. He leaves again this Sunday for two weeks but he will be in the country so Yay. Additional bonus, the UK guys are going to visit him while he is out of town; two birds, one stone.

8 weeks until I go home for my bachelorette. It has been 3 years since I have been there and I am so damn excited. FSIL is coming with and it is going to be a blast. The hard part will be the reality of BFF's death. Being 800 miles away has sheltered me a little but it will suck to be there without him. 
  • Can someone tell me not to buy easter candy next year?  I always buy too much AND my mom always goes overboard between her egg hunt (430 eggs this year) and the goodie bags she puts together.  I think I'm just going to buy each of them a chocolate bunny and they can just have their gifts from now on.

We have plans with friends this weekend.  Well, nothing is actually planned.  We just know we're doing something.

• I backed way off on Easter candy this year.  I just didn't want it sitting around the house and tempting me.  Also, DefConn hardly eats candy (and is picky about what he wants to boot) and on the other hand, the kiddo hoovers his candy. I had to tell the kiddo that he was not to touch DefConn's stash, even if it takes DefConn 6 months to eat it all (of course, I'd throw it out before then). 
  • Today I set my alarm for 6, determined to get motivated early. I got up at 8. My husband made breakfast, so that was awesome. 

A friend of mine posted about how her kids got up at 5 and ended up eating all their Easter candy. Now, I don't have kids, but I say that's on her. They are like 5 and 3. Shouldn't she have hidden that shit? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:

A friend of mine posted about how her kids got up at 5 and ended up eating all their Easter candy. Now, I don't have kids, but I say that's on her. They are like 5 and 3. Shouldn't she have hidden that shit? 
    Uh, yeah.  DefConn is 5 and his basket is on top of the fridge.  The kiddo is 15, so he can do what he wants...but when he was younger, it definitely got put up. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dh is off today and he's annoying the piss out of me. We're attempting the zoo but it's busy. I'm cranky. 
  • @mrs.conn23 - Some good friends of my parent's have a car in the Corvette museum. I think it is a 1956 Corvette.

Its kind of quiet here. My office is finally drying out after the RO system decided to start leaking over the weekend and flood the office. Yeah that was a fun Monday morning. Of course we are having unseasonably cool weather, so I'm freezing my ass off because all the doors and windows are open and there are like 4 fans running in here still. Thankfully I can go to my other office and not be as cold.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am discovering that someone I thought was a very dear friend, has been using me and is a big damn drama queen.  I'm finished with her, as of last night.  And now I'm just irritated that it took me so long to see.

I'd also like to be back in bed and not dealing with reality today.  I very nearly called in sick.  My allergies are just hurting me.  My ears itch, my nose is burning, and my eyes itch.  I came into work with an e-mail from Diva that is basically trying to chastise my work production from last week by comparing it to last month's billing hours.  Basically, he gets pissy when he can't bitch about anything for awhile, so has to make something up.  B/c that's comparing apples to elephants and just ridiculous.  And I'm tired and cranky enough to be having none of it.

Blerg.
  • So, I'm one of those people who anticipates a problem/arguement and prepares for it. Then if I was wrong and there is no issue, I get salty because I wanted to be pissed and argue.

I'm kind of doing that right now at work. There's something on my boss' calendar that could be super shitty for me. Or it could be absolutely nothing. So now I'm going to stew here all day and think about it.

Other than that I got nothin' for today. This is a very broke time of year for me. My 2016 Bears ticket money is due, it's Blackhawks playoffs and I try to go to at least one game per round. Although this year it looks like there may not be more than one or two rounds...

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @shessocold - are you also a cubs fan?  We're a Chicago-rooting household as well.  DH is so pissed at the blackhawks right now.
  • @tawillers I never liked baseball, but I'm probably going to be a bandwagon fan after last October. I listen to sports talk radio all day and their Cubs excitement is getting me excited. Plus I like to drink so that aligns well with Cubs fans.

UGHH those Hawks - I'm right there with your H. This is not the time of year to be shitting the bed.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  •  I never liked baseball, 

• Ugh, baseball is the worst. It's so damn boring.
    I am so tired this week. Every morning we're scrambling around to get out of the house because I can't get out of bed and if Mom doesn't get everyone up, everyone just stays in bed. I'm thinking of joining the gym near my house. I keep saying that but I think I'm going to use the free 7 day pass next week and see if it would be worth it. I really need to get back in the habit of working out regularly.
  • @mrsconn23 There was a Bumpie whose husband works there and was there when the cave-in happened!!! 

As for the candy fiend at 5AM - If that's the worst thing that happens, life's not that bad - that's what makes for stories as an adult "I remember waking up to tiptoe to the kitchen and eating all my candy before my Mom/Dad could catch me and take it away!"... (I also discovered, letting the kids have as much of it as they want right away cuts down on how much they eat of it overall because it's not forbidden fruit - of course there's a "Candy/taxi service tax" let's not be silly LOL)

Today I'm recovering from yesterday - I put up a 6x20' area of beadboard above my gym area in the garage completely solo.  I had to stop because I'm putting in new lighting and don't think I'll leave the existing light where it is so until the electrical stuff is done I can't do much... But DANG my hands are swollen today!  It looks great out there though.. 

On "Project Miracle Worker" - my niece's Prom dress and accessories arrived in the mail yesterday so I'm off the hook for now on making her a Camo dress (need to get it done for Senior Pictures though).  I put it on the body double I have and it fits "my niece" great.  Now to air out the shoes because OMG they STINK like paint...  Gosh dang though - We shopped on a budget and it still was $500 for everything head to toe (dress, shoes, crinoline, hairpieces, purse, shipping), and that doesn't include her hair/make-up/tickets/etc. 

• I'm "working from home" if having your email open counts as work.  Must.  Find.  Motivation.

@shessocold, I do that too, but I only get  angry if I come up with a really good zinger and then can't use it.  Such a waste of a genius comeback!

@mrsconn23, that sounds like fun!

I like baseball in that I like drinking outdoors.  The sport itself, I don't care for except for playoffs.  I have a major first world problem today too.  Opening Day here is basically a holiday and I can't take it off because I'm leaving the following Thursday for South Beach.  Wah Wah.  What a rough life I lead LOL.
  • OK, unpopular opinion time re: The Cubs. 

I'd heard somewhere along the way that the Cubs were popular around the US because WGN televised their games, so all markets across the country televised games regularly without needing cable (ESPN, etc). Something like that. Add to that the "lovable losers" concept and the curse of the goat, and voila, instant fanbase. 

But look... I live near Wrigley Field (not "Wrigleyville" but close enough). From a business perspective, the ticket schemes are utter genius/highway robbery. People pay $60 to sit on a bleacher and drink low-quality beer at more outlandish prices. Men pee in troughs in the bathrooms. The stereotype that most people who go to a Cubs game don't watch the game? True!
    Another true stereotype? That businesses get tickets to entertain clients. Young women dress up (i.e. tiny denim skirt, little pink Cubs jersey, flat-ironed hair, platform sandals) in hopes of flirting with these businessmen. 

I just never understood why people pay so much money for the privilege of attending a very overpriced beer garden. If the Cubs were good, then the money's worth it. At least last year they were really good. I think 2003, the year of Bartman, was a good season. It like... really bothers me that people pay these prices because going to Cubs games is "cool." I've only ever gone when someone gives me a ticket for free

But other than that, the traffic clogs my neighborhood and makes my commute a giant pain in the ass. For a perennially losing team. It just boggles my mind. There are a million sports bars in this city, many nearby Wrigley Field, where you can truly watch a game and enjoy the atmosphere and not go broke. I love me a good beer garden in the warm months, but not one where I pay $60 or more for the privilege of being there. 

Yes, there are true Cubs fans (as opposed to Wrigley Field fans) who know the players, enjoy the stats, etc. and that's great. I love seeing parents taking their kids to games. Just the overall "scene" really annoys me. I almost laughed in the face of a tourist who I walked by, who was taking a picture of the fucking Clark Street sign. A street sign, people. 

<< end rant >> 

• ^That is officially the most I've ever read about baseball and it wasn't even about the sport  (I'm not complaining, just laughing at myself).  :smile: 
  • @thisismynickname, I hear you 100%. The Bears obviously aren't historically as terrible as the Cubs, (but the coincidence that cubs are just baby bears is humorous) but every week at Soldier Field I see the same stereotypes. The girls all done up, not having any idea what is going on, just trying to impress people. The guys trying to be these big manly guys and, again, not having any idea what is going on. The cheapest tickets in the stadium are $75 - and that's STH face value - after market tickets are usually double and beers last year were $9.50. The bathroom that's closest to my seats are at least 5 football minutes away. If I didn't care about football or the Bears, I could find a hundred things I'd rather do with a couple hundred bucks on a Sunday.

It's also the same at Hawks games. Even worse now that they're good and most of the team is really attractive. The girls who don't understand the game but pretend to are annoying as shit. I'm not a basketball fan but I bet it's the same there.

• @thisismynickname, I hear you 100%. The Bears obviously aren't historically as terrible as the Cubs, (but the coincidence that cubs are just baby bears is humorous) but every week at Soldier Field I see the same stereotypes. The girls all done up, not having any idea what is going on, just trying to impress people. The guys trying to be these big manly guys and, again, not having any idea what is going on. The cheapest tickets in the stadium are $75 - and that's STH face value - after market tickets are usually double and beers last year were $9.50. The bathroom that's closest to my seats are at least 5 football minutes away. If I didn't care about football or the Bears, I could find a hundred things I'd rather do with a couple hundred bucks on a Sunday.

It's also the same at Hawks games. Even worse now that they're good and most of the team is really attractive. The girls who don't understand the game but pretend to are annoying as shit. I'm not a basketball fan but I bet it's the same there.

LOL! My husband LOVES the Bears. He's a Superfan. He keeps saying he's going to turn me on to the game (hasn't yet) and I've told him he needs to save his/our hundred bucks. He can go freeze his ass off with his friends, not me. 

We do go to Bulls games every so often and I get so irritated by the people who sit there and look at Facebook the whole damn time. You paid at least $40 for that seat you're in, why are you looking at Facebook? Gawd! 
    I don't understand hockey. I would like to go to a Hawks game but the cheapest tickets are just too much for me to justify, not knowing anything about the game. 

• See, we love Wrigley.  I enjoy watching the game there more than the other fields I have been to (Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota - DH has been to more) and I'm sure it's just because it's MY team's home.  The atmosphere is fun.  Yes, there are terrible seats there and the food/drink is overpriced (as it is at all places) but I don't mind.  We have always had a great experience there.

BUT we love baseball and the cubs and we don't get to go very often (haven't been to Wrigley since 2012).  We are really hoping to be able to go to a game this year.

• I can't quote, but I don't blame you. I wouldn't spend the money if I wasn't a nutbag fan, myself.

Last year, at a game in November (I was wearing snowpants, it was that cold), a girl in my section was wearing this cute little outfit with this cute little jacket and like five inch open toed stilletoes. I'm in row 22 and I get tired walking up there and she was even further up. She and the guy she was with left at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and never came back.

At another game, the three guys in front of us were huddled together watching a youtube video on a phone. It was a video of women in bathing suits working out on the beach.

Even without the money, going to games is a PITA. I don't get those people.

• tawillers said:

See, we love Wrigley.  I enjoy watching the game there more than the other fields I have been to (Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota - DH has been to more) and I'm sure it's just because it's MY team's home.  The atmosphere is fun.  Yes, there are terrible seats there and the food/drink is overpriced (as it is at all places) but I don't mind.  We have always had a great experience there.

BUT we love baseball and the cubs and we don't get to go very often (haven't been to Wrigley since 2012).  We are really hoping to be able to go to a game this year.

Incidentally, I'm a White Sox fan and sure, U.S. Cellular doesn't have the atmosphere of Wrigley, but they have a great food and booze selection. I can get a $7 ticket and eat/booze up for maybe $15-20 and enjoy some baseball.  Unfortunately they've been sucking for awhile too though. 
    Sarcasm alert- people won't be Sox fans because, like, omg ghetto. 

• My dad and sisters are Cubs fans.  I...don't care.  Totally nodded along with everything you said, @thisismynickname.  :D 

We do enjoy going to see the Indy Indians (AAA ball, they're the Pirates farm team).  Tickets are cheap and if you get lawn seats, you can bring in your own cooler of food. 
  • My dad and sisters are Cubs fans.  I...don't care.  Totally nodded along with everything you said, @thisismynickname.  :D 

We do enjoy going to see the Indy Indians (AAA ball, they're the Pirates farm team).  Tickets are cheap and if you get lawn seats, you can bring in your own cooler of food. 
    I love going to Indians games but I have a hard time convincing H to sit in the lawn 
  • kvruns said:
    My dad and sisters are Cubs fans.  I...don't care.  Totally nodded along with everything you said, @thisismynickname.  :D 

I love going to Indians games but I have a hard time convincing H to sit in the lawn 
    The lawn is the best.  Second only to the box seats, because you know...free food and booze. :D 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards