Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Self Make-up Trial (and sort of hair)

I am doing my own make up and I did my first test practice just for the sake of figuring out my wedding look and what products I want to use today. I want a more natural look since it is a backyard affair. But, I also really really really love false eyelashes since I have naturally short eyelashes and they make me feel so much prettier, so I put some on and then of course I had to add a stripe of liquid liner to cover the band. So the eyes are less "natural" than I planned but I am pretty sure I want to wear eyelashes so there is gonna need to be at least a bit of liquid or gel eyeliner too. Do you think it's too dramatic for backyard evening or no? This was useful because I realized I need to buy a matte bronzer, a new paint pot, and a slightly fuller coverage foundation. I think I would definitely use a darker eyebrow color too. What do you think?  Do I need it heavier in general? Not in the photos I definitely felt like I had enough color on, just in pretty natural shades. But in the photos it looks really light. Is that ok? I'm afraid any darker and it won't match my body.

Hair-wise, I really want milkmaid braids a la Sienna Miller about two years ago at the Oscars. I definitely need to buy some clip-in hair extensions and practice braiding with them in since my hair is only slightly longer than chin length. I have until September to practice. I'm just trying to figure out what I need and make sure I can nail everything. So you can ignore the hair. My mom was just practicing reverse french braids for that.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Self Make-up Trial (and sort of hair)

• edited April 2016
    I think you look great! Yes, the eyes are dramatic but not overly so, and the light lip color balances them out. And your eyebrows look dark enough. If you're going with blonde or light brown hair extensions, you don't want your eyebrows too dark.
  • You look gorgeous. I think your eyebrows are dark enough, maybe just a little more filled in would give you the look you want?

• Oh good thank you both for the feedback! I will use the same color on my brows then. Good to know the eyelashes don't look OTT for a backyard thing as long as I keep everything else toned down. I do really love wearing false eyelashes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards