Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Updating Registry?

So, I had a nice discussion with my FH this morning.  We are less than two weeks from our wedding and he happened to pop on the registry this morning and let me know there were only three small items left on it.  We have wonderful, thoughtful and generous friends and family!  He said "we need to add more," I told him I didn't think that we did, and that it would almost be insulting to the last couple people who purchased off it as they didn't get to pick from a lot of items.  He said that he was afraid if we didn't add to it, we would get things we didn't need or nothing.  I said that we should expect nothing, but that if people wanted to get us a gift, they would still do so. 

But now I am thinking about it, and wonder if I was in the wrong.  Is it bad to have a nearly empty registry less than two weeks out from your wedding?  I keep thinking that if we didn't put it on when we created it, we really didn't want or need it.  Thoughts?

Re: Updating Registry?

• Options

So, I had a nice discussion with my FH this morning.  We are less than two weeks from our wedding and he happened to pop on the registry this morning and let me know there were only three small items left on it.  We have wonderful, thoughtful and generous friends and family!  He said "we need to add more," I told him I didn't think that we did, and that it would almost be insulting to the last couple people who purchased off it as they didn't get to pick from a lot of items.  He said that he was afraid if we didn't add to it, we would get things we didn't need or nothing.  I said that we should expect nothing, but that if people wanted to get us a gift, they would still do so. 

But now I am thinking about it, and wonder if I was in the wrong.  Is it bad to have a nearly empty registry less than two weeks out from your wedding?  I keep thinking that if we didn't put it on when we created it, we really didn't want or need it.  Thoughts?

I would add to it. There may be plenty of people who haven't purchased anything yet, and I'm sure they would appreciate seeing more options - though they're in no way tied to those options. 

Anyone insulted by this is focusing on the wrong things. If they didn't like the options left (for budget purposes, or just because they didn't want to get you that thing), they could pick out their own gift, or just give you cash. 
  • Options
    I often don't buy a wedding gift until close to the wedding. I would be very disappointed to not find items available on the registry. Of course if that happened, I could just give money.

• Options
    It's fine either way. It isn't insulting to add more things. You also don't have to add things if you don't want- if it's important to people to buy something off the registry they can always not wait until the last minute. 
  • Options
    I know I got (more than enough) cash for my wedding to buy my own now, but I wish I had registered for two sets of nice king size sheets so my choices weren't always old/cheap/scratchy vs. waiting on the drier on laundry days

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Agree with PPs.

Either option is fine, but it is not rude to add to your registry. For those who haven't looked at/bought off it yet, it gives them more variety. For those who have already bought, or who do not wish to buy off your registry, it will not affect them as they would never know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards