Chit Chat
Options

Rant

Ok so our cable(just TV) went out last night. I called Comcast this morning and they said they would send someone out today by 7:30 PM. I gave them my cell phone number asking them to call that when the tech was on his/her way so I could be sure to be home. I had some appointments but could get home in 15 mins. They said no problem, the tech would call 30 mins prior. Well I got home from morning appointment. The tech had called the home phone (didn't call cell and I had it in front of me the whole time I was gone) and left since no one was home. He couldn't verify which number they gave him - yeah right. I called customer service again. They couldn't verify which number they gave him since the work order had been closed out. They also couldn't get anyone out today - not until Wednesday! Really?! Not my fault you guys didn't follow my instructions. Ugh, I hate it when service providers don't realize your time is valuable too. What was I suppose to do? Cancel my meetings and sit at home all day to hope someone showed up before 7:30 PM. Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Rant

• Options
    Comcast is the fucking woooooooorrrrrssssssttttttt. I'll pay more for the same TV to not have to deal with those fucks.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I seriously hate Comcast too. At least, the last time I had a tech out, he was super friendly and chatty. Not his fault his company sucks. He wasn't able to fix the issue and suggested it was an issue with my building's wiring. It might be. It also might be their stupid reusable boxes and their terrible business hours that mean anyone with a regular 9 to 5 job can't get there to switch boxes without taking time off work. 

• Options

@thisismynickname the same thing happened to us - they said it was our building's fault that we didn't have high def on the regular channels (2, 3, 5, 7 and 9). Like five guys came out and at least once (this was years ago) Comcast had no record that the guy had been there. Like, we called, they scheduled a guy to come, he came, said he couldn't fix it and that someone would call us to schedule someone else to come out. A week later when no one called and we called them, they said they had no record of anyone coming to our apartment the previous week.

H was IRATE. He's a crazy door-locker and kind of nutty about home security. It really got his goat that they were do disorganized and that it could have been some random schmo (not Comcast) coming to our apartment when it was just me home. It took like five or six times for them to finally fix the high def. The only thing they offered us was free Starz or something. Which we refused because we didn't want to have to call and cancel or pay when the "free" was up. They told us we wouldn't have to and it would automatically fall off. Sis months later we get a bill for Starz. H would have actually decapitated someone had he had the opportunity.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    We've debated switching our internet from verizon to comcast, and we can't bring ourselves to do it.  They'd be cheaper, but I hear so many horror stories about their service.
  • Options

@thisismynickname the same thing happened to us - they said it was our building's fault that we didn't have high def on the regular channels (2, 3, 5, 7 and 9). 

What? I'm currently living without HD for channels 7 and 9. We had them for awhile and they disappeared. This is what's "the building's fault."
    It's innnnnnteresting that you have the same problem. 

We're told our new place can have any cable provider; the new building doesn't have an exclusive arrangement. THANK GOD. 

• Options
    When we had comcast for internet and cable, the cable was ok. The internet, however, sucked. There was exactly one 6" square of the entire apartment where we could connect to the internet. If I so much as handed the laptop to my FI sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME, the internet would cut out. They tried to tell me it was my laptop. Bitch, please, it's brand-spanking-new. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

Interesting! In their defense, they did have to re-wire a lot when they finally fixed it and they had to go in the attics of three of our neighbors. So maybe it was accurate that it was a building problem, but it was fixable.

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh. I detest calling any service provider. I can't stand the "we'll be there between 9am and 6pm"- uh great? So I'm supposed to sit around allll day?

I get that maybe they don't know how long an appointment will take, but you'd think there would be some sort of a better time frame (such as between 10am and noon), since these are scheduled visits, not emergency calls.
  • Options
    I literally loathe dealing with Comcast in particular. Their customer service is the absolute worst. You spend 2 hours on the phone with them and nothing gets fixed. It seemed like we always had problems with the cable going out or the OnDemand function not working, etc. When DH and I bought our house last summer we cancelled Comcast and changed service providers to a local cable company. We've had much better luck with them! It's a little more expensive but so worth it to have a reliable service.

• Options
    I cannot stand Comcast. So many times in the past couple of months when H & I want to watch a movie On Demand, we get an error message saying our request couldn't be processed because they are experiencing a high volume right now.

Seriously?! We pay hundreds of dollars a month and that's the bogus message we get? I would love to know where our money is going, because it's clearly not going to upgrade their infrastructure to meet demand.
  • Options
    When we had comcast for internet and cable, the cable was ok. The internet, however, sucked. There was exactly one 6" square of the entire apartment where we could connect to the internet. If I so much as handed the laptop to my FI sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME, the internet would cut out. They tried to tell me it was my laptop. Bitch, please, it's brand-spanking-new. 
    I have comacst too.  The wifi on my phone completely sucks in my house and I don't even use it (just use the data plan we have).  My cable is fine, yes, and the internet used on my laptop when I do is slow as hell (it's the "fastest speed"). 

• Options
    I'm on team f*ck comcast, too.

They're the only provider that services my neighborhood, though.  When I initially signed up, I got one of their bundle plans that included home security.  We eventually discovered that the home security system was shittacular and wanted to cancel, but we couldn't because there was a $1500 early termination fee. When we found out that we were going to be getting orders to move, we called and asked if we would be able to cancel without paying the termination fee, and they told us we would still have to pay it even though we had military orders. When we told them that was illegal as fuck, we were transferred to the 'escalation department' and suddenly they had no idea why they would tell us we had to pay the fee in our circumstances.  

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Comcast is a customer of mine, and I assure you they are just as bad on that side.

All of their PO's and invoices are issued/received through their accounting web portal and every.single.time I try to log in I receive a "you exceeded the maximum amount of sign-in attempts allowed" on the first try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards