Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Should the grooms name be on the bridal shower invitations?

I read that his name should only be on it if it is a co-ed shower so we left it off when we ordered the invitations.  However when they came in my mom and sister (who are throwing the shower) seen them and they said it is rude to my fiancé's family to not include his name on the invitations.  I definitely don' want to to rub anyone the wrong way but it isn't a co-ed shower either.  Should we reorder them?? Thoughts?? 

I appreciate the help.
Thanks!

Re: Should the grooms name be on the bridal shower invitations?

• Options
    I've never seen the groom's name unless it's co-ed. Having him listed, for example, as "You are invited to a shower in honor of Knottie & Knottie FH," implies he is a guest of honor and will be present at the shower to receive the guests and gifts. 

Short story, if he won't be at the shower, no, I don't think he should be on the invite. I don't know where your mom & sister got that!

Sidenote: did you order the invites for your own shower? I would think if your mom & sister were throwing it, they'd order and mail those and would have selected the wording they preferred as hosts. (I'm kinda glad they didn't in this case as I don't think he should be listed, but just saying it's odd you ordered them.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree if his name is on the invitation it indicates that he will be there.  If its a bridal shower then its in honor of the bride.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered them only because I wanted to pick them out myself to go with my theme.  This was super helpful though, thank you!!!
  • Options
    I ordered them only because I wanted to pick them out myself to go with my theme.  This was super helpful though, thank you!!!

Agree with PPs. @Knottie1437962917, it is considered rude to be part of the planning process for your own shower. I would encourage you to step aside and let the hosts do everything else. Just enjoy being the bride and showing up.
  • Options
    The groom's name is not included in a bridal shower for the bride.

Some people do question a shower being given for you by your mother and sister, though.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    If it's a coed shower, yes. If it's strictly for the bride, and he won't be there, no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards