Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

I won a purse last night!  YAY!

My husband backed into my sister's car! BOO! 

DH talked to the recruiter yesterday.  While the job he's vetting for is interesting and would be a HUGE leg up for DH, it's just too far from us and there's other things about it that just won't fit our life right now.  At least he has a recruiter as a contact now, so yay for that. 

I'm so ready to bring on the weekend. 

Re: Thursday!

• Options

Love that purse, conn!  Congrats!

Today I'm prepping for a busy baseball weekend.  It's ridiculous all the things you need at the ready even when the tournament is local.  Will it be 50* or 80*?  Will it rain?  Yeah, probably.  Ugh.

• Options
    TGIT.  Also, it is $1 sub day at Jimmy John's, and two of my work friends and I are disproportionately excited about it.  The closest Jimmy John's used to be 15-20 minutes away, but they just opened a new one close to the office.  We hadn't been yet, but that's all about to change.  I haven't had a Vito in forever!  Nom, nom, nom.

Yay for your purse, mrs.conn!
  • Options
    Yay for the new purse! What style/color?

My students are feeling the end of the semester hard today. Half have emailed in their final assignment that is due in class (and skipping). I have to remind myself I did that all the time, and be happy they turned in the assignment before skipping and not after. Bittersweet knowing next week is my last teaching week here, I don't know where the time went!
  • Options
    I'm probably going to go to JJ's today too.  
  • Options

My boss just made the mistake of offering to buy everyone the $1 JJ's. But you can't order online and it's only one per person. So he either has to fight the crowds repeatedly to get everyone a dollar sub or pay full price.

I'm sick. I have an annoying head cold and I just want to sleep. But I can't even leave work early because I have to witness a will at like 4:30.

I bought a Dyson cordless vacuum for our hard floors and I'm stupid excited about it. I have images of myself using like every day and having our floors always clean. This plus the steam mop should make cleaning the floors easy as shit.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
  • Options

My boss just made the mistake of offering to buy everyone the $1 JJ's. But you can't order online and it's only one per person. So he either has to fight the crowds repeatedly to get everyone a dollar sub or pay full price.

I'm sick. I have an annoying head cold and I just want to sleep. But I can't even leave work early because I have to witness a will at like 4:30.

I bought a Dyson cordless vacuum for our hard floors and I'm stupid excited about it. I have images of myself using like every day and having our floors always clean. This plus the steam mop should make cleaning the floors easy as shit.

Have you used the Dyson yet? We're investing in a new vacuum after the move, and I have been wanting a Roomba, but it seems silly to spend that much on a robot vacuum when there are good uprights out there.
  • Options
    @mrs.conn23 Congrats on the bag. It is lovely.  <3 It is too bad the recruitment didn't work out *this time*. It will eventually, when it fits it fits and there is no harm being patient for a great match. FH has been fishing for a new job for a while but it has to be just right. He is like goldilocks. 

@ShesSoCold Let us know how that Dyson works out, please. I am getting tired of our swifer. 

I didn't know about 1$ jj's. :( I actually remembered to bring my lunch today. But I did buy a magnetic screen door last night 50% off on Amazon. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I an giddy about having the back door open at night without bugs coming in.
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise We bought one of those magnetic doors and trained the dogs to run through it.  It's awesome, you'll enjoy it.

Also, you were the one watching Salem, right?  I was wrong, Season 2 took off about episode 4 and didn't slow down for a minute.  Really good and full of twists and turns that weren't necessarily expected.
  • Options

@charlotte989875 I have not. I plan to use it tonight and I will let you and @missjeanlouise know.

I wanted a Roomba too but the dog would kill it. There is no way she could handle it roaming around her house.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

@charlotte989875 I have not. I plan to use it tonight and I will let you and @missjeanlouise know.

I wanted a Roomba too but the dog would kill it. There is no way she could handle it roaming around her house.

I'm pretty sure my dog would be afraid of it. He's kind of a scaredy-cat, and when I say kind of I mean he's afraid of his own shadow.
  • Options

My students are feeling the end of the semester hard today. Half have emailed in their final assignment that is due in class (and skipping). I have to remind myself I did that all the time, and be happy they turned in the assignment before skipping and not after. Bittersweet knowing next week is my last teaching week here, I don't know where the time went!
    Every time FI makes one of these types of complaints I ask him if the kids are on his lawn again LOL.  His biggest complaint is when his C kids skip for senior skip day...is that one day going to raise their grade to an A?

Love the bag @mrs.conn23!  So cute!  I was ironically approached by a recruiter today too.  Typically they have one job in mind and it's not something I'm interested in but this one is a general recruiter, so I thought why the hell not.  Except now I need to put together a resume for him.  Argh.  Not sure if it'll end up in anything, but I'm a little burned out and sick of being micromanaged.

I was thinking about doing $1 JJ's but haven't decided.  My sister just drove by hers and the line is insane so she was like, forget it!
  • Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    I have always wanted a Roomba, but after Hiccup ate the pizza slicer, 3 TV remotes, an Xbox controller, a Blu-Ray remote, 3 boxes of envelopes, a plastic serving spoon, and all of the sunglasses, we decided against adding more plastic items to our home.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

Every time FI makes one of these types of complaints I ask him if the kids are on his lawn again LOL.  His biggest complaint is when his C kids skip for senior skip day...is that one day going to raise their grade to an A?

Love the bag @mrs.conn23!  So cute!  I was ironically approached by a recruiter today too.  Typically they have one job in mind and it's not something I'm interested in but this one is a general recruiter, so I thought why the hell not.  Except now I need to put together a resume for him.  Argh.  Not sure if it'll end up in anything, but I'm a little burned out and sick of being micromanaged.

I was thinking about doing $1 JJ's but haven't decided.  My sister just drove by hers and the line is insane so she was like, forget it!
    This exactly. I need to remember that I used to skip recitation sections for giant $2 margaritas when the weather was nice.
  • Options
    @mrs.conn23  - awesome re: purse! the purple is pretty! did your sister win the leopard clutch that was posted on FB last night? I liked those - I was looking at one of the larger bags with the same print, but ended up getting the iridescent bag (pic below) since I loved it and they got a few more back in stock. 

I'm wfh again. stopped at the doctor on the way in to the office and the bronchitis is still going strong. hopefully this round of meds will kill everything once and for all. on the plus side, the chest x-ray was clear, so no pneumonia. also, the x-ray tech was all sorts of fabulous - he loved my pants (gunmetal and slightly shiny) and literally squealed over my purse. he was cracking me up, which was making me cough, but it was worth it. 

got caught in a downpour leaving the doctor and decided it wasn't worth the traffic, flooding, and closed roads, so came home. 

• Options
    Yes, my sister won the clutch because there was like a 10 way tie for one game (they had terrible calibration of the machine...but it's a charity (Kappa something or other) thing ran by old ladies).   The runner's up for any game get the wristlets.   I won the tie in my game, but it was only a two-way tie. 
  • Options
    DH had to work early this morning and of course he couldn't hear his alarm so guess who was up at 5:15 am? This girl. And I had the hardest time falling asleep because an email I got late in the day rubbed me the wrong way and I couldn't stop thinking about it. But, I got the kids ready, got myself ready, we were out the door on time which was a pretty big win. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT  I am glad to hear that about Salem. And the screen door. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards