New York-Long Island
Options

Out of town MoH needs help!

Hi, ladies. I'm my sister's MoH for her June wedding in NC. I'm from Arizona, she's from Raleigh, but most of our family lives on Long Island so the bridal shower will be there. We're guessing that around 60 women will be in attendance at the March shower so we don't think it would be smart to host that many women at a relative's home.

So what I'm getting at is: does anyone know of a nice place within 25 miles of Bayside that wouldn't be too pricey for a chill Bridal Shower? The budget is limited so we want to get plenty of bang for our buck without it being tacky and cheap-looking.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Out of town MoH needs help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from eastern LI so I don't know of too many places near Bayside, but I recently went to a bridal shower at Eleanor Rigby's, in Mineola. ( http://www.eleanorigbys.com/ ) It's pretty much a bar, but they have a really cute room in the back for catering, that was perfect for a shower. From what I understand they were pretty reasonably priced also. It was a buffett brunch, with unlimited mimosa's and bloody mary's!
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i live right by eleanor rigbys and the food is excellent. depending what kind of atmosphere you want, like the PP said it is a bar. i would try cafe bellisimo in amityville. the food is excellent, its beautifully decorated and i think the prices aren't that steep. you could also try papa joe's in commack. the food is excellent there also. :) good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually decided on Eleanor Rigby's so thanks for the suggestion/reviews!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards