Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Monday

How was your weekend? 

I left work early on Friday and drove down to Cape May to surprise my parents. I stalked my mom's location on my phone and found her shopping at TJ Maxx. I basically walked up to her and waited for her to notice that I was standing there, staring at her and she was SO SURPRISED! She cried, obviously, and just kept saying "I can't believe you're here!" 

We went to visit my dad which was really tough. He was in so much pain and I had to choke back the tears from seeing him like that. 

We left so he could try to sleep, and went for a pedicure, picked up Chinese for dinner, and watched a movie then went to bed. 

Saturday, I helped her get some stuff done around the house that my dad can't help with now and then we drove around checking out yard sales. I found a really nice salad bowl set for $9 so I was happy! 

We visited my dad at the hospital again in the afternoon and he was SO much better than Friday. The pain was manageable and he seemed to be in much better spirits. I ended up leaving right from there to drive home. H and I went out to dinner and then we watched Scream 2 because somehow he'd never seen it. 

Yesterday, I spent the whole day on the couch catching up on Grey's, Scandal, The Catch, and The Family. I did a little laundry and straightened up the kitchen and that was the extent of my productivity. 

Tonight someone (hopefully H) has to go food shopping and that's really it. H and I will walk Snoos, I'll make dinner, we'll eat, and then relax for a bit before bed. 

Is it Friday yet?

Re: It's Monday

• Options
    @southernpeach89 omg that hat! So cute. It looks like it was such a nice day out.

I tried a salted butter caramel ice cream recipe.. It involved melting down sugar to create caramel and then continuing on to make ice cream as you normally would. I also melted down caramel and hardended it and then shattered it to mix into the final product so there would be more caramel flavor... I'm so bummed it didn't work out.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I loved the pics of Callie from this weekend! 

@PamBeesly524 - Are you caught up on Scandal now? I watched 3 episodes yesterday to catch up and OMG. That's all I'll say JIC. 

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 OMG but that still sounds delicious even if it didn't work out lol. I love salted caramel! 
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches Happy Anniversary!!
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - Happy anniversary!

• Options
    @untouchablets Congrats on the loss! 
  • Options

@swazzle that's so funny that you surprised her in the store instead of just going to her house, nicely done! Sorry to hear your dad is in so much pain, that would be so hard for me. When I was little my dad had back surgery and when we went to the hospital I literally took one look at him and threw up on the floor.

@southernpeach89 yaaay, you'll have to get a swingset for your house!

@pambeesly524 damn, great job running!

I'm pissy about my hair appointment on Saturday. I usually never dye my hair but a few months ago I decided what the hell. So I went to a good friend of a good friend, and her post of my hair got picked up by some stylist page and went semi-viral with 10k likes & shares. Here was that pic.

Well I was annoyed because everyone kept commenting on her page about how much they wanted it....and I was like um I want that too...that's MY hair and it doesn't even look like that! The red faded out instantly, literally within a week it was gone (and I only wash hair 2x week!). The blonde never looked that bright, even in direct sunlight. She totally filtered it bright or something.

So I just brushed it off like whatever, I won't go back to her, it wasn't worth the cost when I can go somewhere much cheaper. She saw my picture on FB and messaged me asking if I didn't like my hair, and if I had dyed it all back to dark brown with somebody else. I said UM NO- whatever you did just faded out and was gone instantly. And she said oh I'm so sorry, that shouldn't have happened, why don't you come back and I'll do it again  half price. So I agreed. Saturday she did my hair......and then charged me full price! I know I could/should have said something but I felt very uncomfortable and embarrassed asking for a discount in front of other customers and stylists, like that's awkward. So I just paid it and left. But I'm like you bitch, I'm totally not coming back to you. And since it's a friend of a friend I'm not going to call her out or complain to the salon, I'm just going to never come back. So this is what it looks like right now for full price....again nothing like the original picture.

h1.jpg 143.8K

• Options
    @untouchablets - Way to go on the weight loss! 

@jenna8984 - OMG I'd be so mad! That's really frustrating. You really should have said something before you left about being charged full price though! 

• Options
    @jenna8984 OMG I would be furious! I know that's an awkward situation too since it's a friend of a friend but I would still tell her that it wasn't what you were looking for because as a stylist she needs to know that what she did wasn't up to your satisfaction as a customer. I can't believe she charged you full price either.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I wanted to eat the breakfast your H made you! It looked delicious!!
  • Options
    @minskat30 AW that's so sweet! When we watched the birthing video in our class that was the first time DH had seen one and he said that he didn't think it was as gross as he thought it was going to be. I was like well...you never know haha. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches Happy anniversary! Also you look fabulous in your dress from Friday! I wouldn't change a thing!

• Options
    How exciting! Matt's cousin just announced she's 3 months and due Nov 7th :)

I texted Matt asking if his mum was bombarding him with texts of grandkids lmfao
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches happy anniversary!!! I hope the freezer burn cake still tastes good!

@futuremrshistorian congrats on the loss! You look awesome, and definitely wanna see the sexy dress!

@labro ugh cutting tile was probably the worst part about our bathroom remodel.  I'm glad he left you guys his saw so you didn't have to wait any longer though! I have a whole collection of toddler selfies, just wait till Callie starts taking your phone.  They're the blurriest, but best pictures!

• Options
    @jenna8984  that's kinda neat and I love the idea behind it, but I'm curious what you decide on the cover up! Would work great if he was like 5lbs 8oz lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards