Chit Chat

Conspiracy Theories

13»

Re: Conspiracy Theories

• @short+sassy do you remember the name of that documentary?

@starmoon44 right on. I thought that at the time, and then comparing it to the response to weather-related tragedies since then (Sandy, etc) it's pretty obvious.

@starmoon44 right on. I thought that at the time, and then comparing it to the response to weather-related tragedies since then (Sandy, etc) it's pretty obvious.
    It's not just weather related tragedies that garner slow government responses.  Look at the Flint water issue.  It took them a LONG time to even start resolving the issue... is it any surprise that it's a predominantly black, poor community?  Do you think it would take over a year to start addressing corrosive, lead-tainted water in a rich, white neighborhood?

It's not just weather related tragedies that garner slow government responses.  Look at the Flint water issue.  It took them a LONG time to even start resolving the issue... is it any surprise that it's a predominantly black, poor community?  Do you think it would take over a year to start addressing corrosive, lead-tainted water in a rich, white neighborhood?
    Oh I totally agree! I just mentioned weather-related to compare apples to apples. But yeah if that mess in Flint was in a rich, white city it would never have gotten so bad.

Oh I totally agree! I just mentioned weather-related to compare apples to apples. But yeah if that mess in Flint was in a rich, white city it would never have gotten so bad.
    Flint isn't just a slow-response situation (although I believe our Governor is bold faced liar for claiming to know nothing for 18 months).  It is literally a government created catastrophe in an extremely poor community.  

There could have been 2 easy fixes very early on,  the first was to treat the water as recommended, but the Governor appointee declined that and secondly, the legislation that approved the money to fix the local pipeline literally included a provision that the city could not go back to their original water source.  It's hard to look at the totality of information available and not believe it was a deliberate ploy to poison thousands.
  • My favorite contemporary political one is that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. 

I had a client a few years ago who bought into this sovereign citizen movement. I forgot most of the details, but it starts out that Roosevelt moved all of the country's gold out of Fort Knox and to Cuba. Somehow, that means that all Americans are entitled to about $20 million that you can use for government costs. If you use the right language on the back of a traffic ticket or when you sign your tax return, they will draw against that instead of expecting a check.

And for some reason, sovereign citizens steal houses. The whole thing is nuts. 

I had a client a few years ago who bought into this sovereign citizen movement. I forgot most of the details, but it starts out that Roosevelt moved all of the country's gold out of Fort Knox and to Cuba. Somehow, that means that all Americans are entitled to about $20 million that you can use for government costs. If you use the right language on the back of a traffic ticket or when you sign your tax return, they will draw against that instead of expecting a check.

Yes they do. Happened to a friend's neighbor's house. It was empty at the time.

Would wikipedia lie? :P 

What about the one where he and Kevin from the office are the same person?

I love that no one takes him seriously and makes theories like this, because he is a horrible human being.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I apologize, I don't.  My H and I are documentary fiends and watch various documentaries all the time.  It might have been on NOVA, but I'm not totally sure. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    The "response to Katrina was slow because the government doesn't care about black people" isn't a conspiracy theory. 

I respectfully disagree.  Not necessarily about the "government doesn't care about poor people or black people" part...though I think it is more on the not caring about poor people side.  But that the government was purposely not moving more quickly.

New Orleans isn't just beads and Mardi Gras.  We are now and always have been an INTEGRAL port city for North America.  In fact, we have the second largest port in the country.  Only NYC's port has more cargo come through it.

As an example, most coffee that comes into this country comes through NOLA's port and much of it is processed in the city.

And, while the government should care and move as fast as possible for ANY area that suffers a tragedy, NOLA is a pretty important one for U.S. commerce and trade and the government certainly knows that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards