December 2016 Weddings

USMA West Point December wedding

My fiance and I are considering having our wedding and reception at West Point (USMA). He is an Old Grad. We would have the ceremony at the beautiful Cadet Chapel. We want a reception venue that is more laid-back and inexpensive (we are not really shrimp-and-cocktail people, and we want our wedding to be fun, easy-going, and child/family-friendly). The 1949 Lounge was our first thought, but unfortunately the club doesn't rent it out in the winter. What other options might we have? I've heard of the names Herbert Hall, Ike hall, and Cullum Hall as ideas, but I don't really have pictures or a good idea of what they're like. The Officer's Club and the Thayer Hotel are beautiful, but I'm not sure whether they suite our budget or style. I'd like to be wrong about that though! smile 
   Any information, experiences, and pictures are greatly appreciated!
   Bonus question: did you choose WP over your family's town of residence? How did that decision come about?

Re: USMA West Point December wedding

• My fiance and I are considering having our wedding and reception at West Point (USMA). He is an Old Grad. We would have the ceremony at the beautiful Cadet Chapel. We want a reception venue that is more laid-back and inexpensive (we are not really shrimp-and-cocktail people, and we want our wedding to be fun, easy-going, and child/family-friendly). The 1949 Lounge was our first thought, but unfortunately the club doesn't rent it out in the winter. What other options might we have? I've heard of the names Herbert Hall, Ike hall, and Cullum Hall as ideas, but I don't really have pictures or a good idea of what they're like. The Officer's Club and the Thayer Hotel are beautiful, but I'm not sure whether they suite our budget or style. I'd like to be wrong about that though! smile 
       Any information, experiences, and pictures are greatly appreciated!

You might have better luck asking people on the New York boards your specific location questions.  This is an international board so respondents will come from all over.
    Bonus question: did you choose WP over your family's town of residence? How did that decision come about?
    Are you asking how we chose our WP?  I don't really know what someones residence would have to do with it.  I chose the 3 people I'm closest with and have had the longest relationships with.  So while I have a lot of close friends, I went with my sister, best friend and cousin, as they are people I have known for 20+ years and expect to know for another 20.

I guess if I was getting married away from where some of them lived, I would still ask them, and if they couldn't travel, I would understand but would not ask someone else in their place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards