Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday

Morning! Where is everyone today? I'm surprised there's not already a thread although I'm sure by the time I'm done typing this, someone else will have posted :lol: 

I'm in a great mood again today! 

I just ordered H's anniversary gift! The traditional gift for the third anniversary is leather so we agreed to get each other SHOES. He asked for a pair of Doc Martens boots and I asked for a pair of Tieks flats :smile: I can barely comprehend that in one week we'll be married for three years. INSANITY. 

So, I have a little news which a lot of you already know (I spilled the beans in Chicago) but my H and I decided that I'm going off birth control and we're going to see what happens. My appointment to remove my IUD is TONIGHT at 6:30. I'm nervous and excited and scared and anxious and impatient and literally every single possible emotion ever. We made this decision a while ago and I can't believe the day is finally here. 

After my appointment, we'll grab dinner somewhere then watch Survivor with a lot of beer, please and thank you. 

Have a great Wednesday everyone! We're halfway there! 

Re: Wednesday

• @PamBeesly524 For paper, I think it's fun to do tickets to an event of some sort...that's what DH and I did. I got him tickets to his favorite NFL team and he bought me tickets to go see Dirty Dancing at the FOX.
  • @LizzyTish88 Aw that's a nice gift! I wish your boss came up with it on his own though lol. My boss gave me a Lilly Pulitzer note pad because she knows how obsessed I am with Lilly things. 
  • @southernpeach89 @Swazzle great ideas! We actually just got tickets for a comedian we like who's coming to Boston in Oct... Maybe we can just save money and call that our paper gift :)

Swazzle H is from Bergen County! I can PM you a more specific town if you're interested.
  • @southernpeach89 - For the record, I originally typed/tagged Callie in this post instead of you. I cannot believe how big she's getting and how quickly! I hope to stay on your good side today :wink: 

@LizzyTish88 - Thank you! I hope the dogs calm down for you. Since it's been tough to get to the gym, what about taking them for a long walk each night after work so you're getting in a little activity and hopefully tiring them out? Two birds, one stone sort of thing. 

@TwoDimes - Free food is free food! I downloaded that book and I'll read it next! 

@PamBeesly524 - I don't know that area very well. Two of my good friends from college were from that area though and I've been up that way a couple times. Have fun this weekend! 

@jenna8984 - I'm so sorry for your loss but so glad you were able to celebrate her last birthday with her! That probably meant so much and was so special. Big hugs! 

• @jenna8984 - I'm sorry about your loss.  :(  I'm glad you got to spend time with her recently.

@cocobellaf - I'm glad you survived the storm!  Also, yeah for a birthing ball!  Is your plan to labor at home for a while?  I'm hoping to stay home for a bit when I go into labor but I have a feeling H will be all "we NEED to get to the hospital NOW".  ;) 
  • @TwoDimes I feel like once I get on Etsy my productivity for the day is going to go waaaaay downhill. I'll see what I can find! Great idea.

Happy Administrative Assistant Day to everyone it applies to today! When I first started at my company I worked at the Front Desk so I got a box of chocolate covered fruit delivered to me, but with no name in the "From" section... It was super awkward because I didn't know who to thank! My boss at the time, who has the tact of... something that does have tact came up to me at the end of the day and said something really awkward about whether or not I liked the gift or something so I finally figured it out. I knew his boss made him order them though.
  • @TwoDimes - Ugh, that SUCKS.  The promotion is great but it always comes with golden handcuffs.  I hope they hire someone to help soon.  :(
  • @jenna8984 I'm so glad you got to celebrate her 104th birthday.. So sorry for your loss.
  • @minskat30 - I haven't thought about laboring at all because I don't know if I'll have to have an early scheduled C-section due to the placenta or not.  Ideally I'd like to labor at home for a while because I can eat snacks and move around and get in the shower, but I really haven't thought about it.  My birth plan consists of: give me meds, make sure all three of us (H, me, K) are alive.  The end.  Ha!  Does your H know that if you come in too early they'll send you home?
  • @jenna8984 I'm sorry to hear about your nana passing. She lived a good long life!

@Swazzle LOL! Don't worry you're always on my good side, you make me smile! 

@CocoBellaF It really doesn't have much to do with what has happened this year even though this year has been a little rough around the edges. I'm just tired and therefore quick to snap haha. We have a lot of fun things happening over the summer so a break will be coming soon.

@minskat30 If you plan to breastfeed you won't get your first PP period for a good while. Callie was born September 28th and my first period arrived at the end of January. So almost 4 months after birth. I noticed that when my milk started decreasing was when I started spotting a little. My doctor told me to expect it to come around 3 months pp but I know some women who still haven't gotten theirs and they are 7 months pp...it's different for everyone I think.

• @PamBeesly524 I hope you find something paper! I like the Etsy suggestion.

@southernpeach89 I hope you get a vacation soon! You could always come up north :wink: Miss Callie will be walking around in no time!

@TwoDimes I wish I was getting fancy free food today! LOL I hope you enjoy it!

@jenna8489 I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to spend her last birthday with her and 104 is a great life! 

@CocoBellaF GL at your appt!

@minskat30 I would kill for someone to come clean my house! Especially after having two dogs this whole week who are shedding their winter coats! 

@Swazzle I don't know if I could take them by myself, but I am going to ask BF if he will venture out with me and we can try it. Tess is an Alpha so it will be interesting to see how it goes. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @cocobellaf - Yeah, they warned us that if we come in too early they will send us home but we live like 7 minutes from the hospital so I just have this mental image of him saying we should go, us going, us coming back, him going "are you ready now?  what about now?  maybe now?" and rinse and repeat.  The man is late to EVERYTHING but will be super ready to go with this I feel.  I'm going to ask him to call ahead to see if we can get one of two rooms with a birthing tub (2 of the 9 rooms have tubs only).  If not, I want to hang out in my tub for a while at home.  
  • @minskat30 and @CocoBellaF I freaking LOVED my birthing ball. I was pissed I didn't get to use it because my water broke and the hospital had me hooked up to all kinds of things but it helped me a lot prior to going into labor with pain management. AND also...laboring at home is definitely recommended from what I've heard because unless there is an emergency and/or your contractions are still slow your hospital might not admit you up until you get to a certain point. Mine was at least 3-5 minutes between contractions until you were admitted.
  • @CocoBellaF - I'm getting the matte black ones. I figure they'll be the most versatile. 

@minskat30 - Thank you! BIG hugs to Raj and to you! Yay for Ani check up! 

• @PamBeesly524 - OMG please buy that for your H. 

• @jenna8984 We're going to see Brian Regan! I've been a huge fan since high school... He's a good, clean comedian. I like nasty jokes every now and then but sometimes I just want silly laughter. We got great front row balcony seats so I'm excited!

@Swazzle He would actually find it hilarious.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards